There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL Power Rankings this week...my prediction

• dj43
  • Veteran
Other coaching staffs will look at the film and realize they better not take the 49ers lightly. They don't look at rankings like fans do.

I would guess the 49ers will be ranked in a range of 14-18. Though Tampa Bay was NFC South leader, that division does not get the cred that AFC East and NFC East gets. Several teams in those divisions will get ranked higher than they deserve, IMO.
Originally posted by dj43:
Other coaching staffs will look at the film and realize they better not take the 49ers lightly. They don't look at rankings like fans do.

I would guess the 49ers will be ranked in a range of 14-18. Though Tampa Bay was NFC South leader, that division does not get the cred that AFC East and NFC East gets. Several teams in those divisions will get ranked higher than they deserve, IMO.

We were #15 after last week. So you think we'll stay the same or drop after a 45 point win over a 3-1 team...yeah, makes sense. FOLKS, WE ARE #1 IN THE NFL IN POINT DIFFERENTIAL!!!! We got the THIRD rated QB in football. We are 4-1. We just dismantled one of the better teams in the league and STILL even the most optimistic predictions have us around 10 or so. Guys, we absolutely SHOULD and DESERVE to be in the top-5. Will we be? Who knows, but that's where we belong. Outside of Green Bay, our résumé is as good as ANYONE'S.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by andes14:

We were #15 after last week. So you think we'll stay the same or drop after a 45 point win over a 3-1 team...yeah, makes sense. FOLKS, WE ARE #1 IN THE NFL IN POINT DIFFERENTIAL!!!! We got the THIRD rated QB in football. We are 4-1. We just dismantled one of the better teams in the league and STILL even the most optimistic predictions have us around 10 or so. Guys, we absolutely SHOULD and DESERVE to be in the top-5. Will we be? Who knows, but that's where we belong. Outside of Green Bay, our résumé is as good as ANYONE'S.

I didn't say I would agree with that ranking. I only suggested, perhaps too strongly, that the eastern bias might leave the 49ers somewhere in the teens.

IMO, the 49ers should be 7-10 overall.

These teams were ranked higher last week and all won again or had a bye (ESPN). I don't see the 49ers getting enough writer support to pass any of them:

GB
NO
NE
Detroit
Baltimore
San Diego
Buffalo
Pittsburgh
Washington
Oakland

Of those 10 teams, MAYBE Washington might wind up lower. The Raiders beat a very good Houston team so I don't see the 49ers passing Oakland. Baltimore had a bye but was #5 and I don't see them dropping. So if it is on merit, I would say #11 is where the 49ers wind up.
We'll be the lowest ranked 4-1 team.

Teams with 2 wins will be ranked above us.

It's pretty much S.o.P.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
We belong at about 9th and will be ranked 9th to 13th.
  • Chico
  • Veteran

I didn't say I would agree with that ranking. I only suggested, perhaps too strongly, that the eastern bias might leave the 49ers somewhere in the teens.

These teams were ranked higher last week and all won again or had a bye (ESPN). I don't see the 49ers getting enough writer support to pass any of them:

GB
NO
NE
Detroit
Baltimore
San Diego
Buffalo
Pittsburgh
Washington
Oakland

Of those 10 teams, MAYBE Washington might wind up lower. The Raiders beat a very good Houston team so I don't see the 49ers passing Oakland. Baltimore had a bye but was #5 and I don't see them dropping. So if it is on merit, I would say #11 is where the 49ers wind up.

On this list, we should be ranked ahead of Oakland, Washington, Buffalo who is winning but giving up a lot of points, Pittsburgh got BLOWN out by the Ravens, Hell even NE has the worst NFL defense but because of Tom Brady is the NFL's prima-donna, they get ALL the love!
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:

GB
NO
NE
Detroit
Baltimore
San Diego
Buffalo
Pittsburgh
Washington
Oakland

On this list, we should be ranked ahead of Oakland, Washington, Buffalo who is winning but giving up a lot of points, Pittsburgh got BLOWN out by the Ravens, Hell even NE has the worst NFL defense but because of Tom Brady is the NFL's prima-donna, they get ALL the love!

It is pretty hard to justify moving ahead of Oakland. They beat the #7 rated Texans and looked pretty good doing it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We won't get that high. But if we beat Detriot we will. I really think the Morgan loss is big. Alex trusts him as a possesion WR and go to guy on 3rd downs. I hope we can win without him.

Morgan has been surprisingly good on 3rd down slants, Kyle Williams was doing great in preseason as 3rd down receiver running slants as well, he's gonna have to step up BIG TIME as well as Crabtree for us to compete with the Lions, can't wait!!!!!

we are #7 overall
It is pretty hard to justify moving ahead of Oakland. They beat the #7 rated Texans and looked pretty good doing it.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? It's hard to justify being ahead of Oakland???? We're 4-1. They're 3-2. We're at +64 point differential- BEST IN THE LEAGUE...they're at +3 which is worse than MINNESOTA. As for what happened yesterday,Tampa>>>Houston (not to mention Houston didn't even have their best offensive OR defensive player). And they looked pretty good doing it?? They won by 5 and should have lost at the very end but got lucky because Schaub blew it. We took a BETTER team and smacked them around all day long for a 45 point win (which is tied for largest margin of victory in the NFL this year with Detroit's 48-3 win over KC...and needless to say, Tampa is WAAAAAY better than KC). Their other 2 wins are against s**tty ass Denver and s**tty ass NYJ, neither of which has had any impressive games this year. We beat Seattle (who won @NYG), @Cincy (above .500, gave Buffalo their only loss), @Philly (still a talented team, even though they're 1-4, all 4 losses have been to good teams), and Tampa (above .500, beat Atlanta, very competitive vs. undefeated Detroit). Also, our one loss was by 3 points and in overtime in a game we should have and deserved to win, even without both of our top receivers. Sorry, but there's NO WAY IN HELL Oakland deserves to be higher than us. The only team that clearly and definitively should be higher than us is Green Bay and there's NO way we SHOULD be excluded from the top-5.
[ Edited by andes14 on Oct 10, 2011 at 12:10 PM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? It's hard to justify being ahead of Oakland???? We're 4-1. They're 3-2. We're at +64 point differential- BEST IN THE LEAGUE...they're at +3 which is worse than MINNESOTA. As for what happened yesterday,Tampa>>>Houston (not to mention Houston didn't even have their best offensive OR defensive player). And they looked pretty good doing it?? They won by 5 and should have lost at the very end but got lucky because Schaub blew it. We took a BETTER team and smacked them around all day long for a 45 point win (which is tied for largest margin of victory in the NFL this year with Detroit's 48-3 win over KC...and needless to say, Tampa is WAAAAAY better than KC). Their other 2 wins are against s**tty ass Denver and s**tty ass NYJ, neither of which has had any impressive games this year. We beat Seattle (who won @NYG), @Cincy (above .500, gave Buffalo their only loss), @Philly (still a talented team, even though they're 1-4, all 4 losses have been to good teams), and Tampa (above .500, beat Atlanta, very competitive vs. undefeated Detroit). Also, our one loss was by 3 points and in overtime in a game we should have and deserved to win, even without both of our top receivers. Sorry, but there's NO WAY IN HELL Oakland deserves to be higher than us. The only team that clearly and definitively should be higher than us is Green Bay and there's NO way we SHOULD be excluded from the top-5.

Amen brother! AMEN!!!

crazy pills huh???? wow. their d sucks their wrs suck and their qb sucks. We are a lot better than oakland. Oh and by the way oak would of easily lost if texans had andre johnson.
Originally posted by elguapo:
crazy pills huh???? wow. their d sucks their wrs suck and their qb sucks. We are a lot better than oakland. Oh and by the way oak would of easily lost if texans had andre johnson.

Or SuperMario...
bleacher report (Tim Daniels) has us #9 this week...
honestly! trying my best to put bias aside, we should be #5-7, with the #1 net points and the greatest margin of victory in a single game this season for the whole NFl against a team that many picked us to loose that was 3-1 and a +10 in TO.....???

HOW can they put any 2-loss team ahead? that's 8th at worst.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home