There are 46 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike & Mike in the morning

Was listening to them on the way in to work and they had the Philly correspndant on, Sal Palentonio, and he gave props to the 49ers after they asked him about the game. He singled out Navarro Bowman as a tackling machine and said Aldon Smith whipped Jason Peters in the 4th quarter. He also talked about the timeout Harbaugh used with 1 second left in the 1st half. Said it sent a message to the players about how the 49ers will be competing every second in every game.

Damn it feels good. I don't want to get ahead of myself but this victory feels good and we as fans deserve this.

I also want to give props to Ronnie Brown and Alex Henery. I still can't believe Ronnie Brown tried to pass the ball back while getting tackled on the goal-line.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Was listening to them on the way in to work and they had the Philly correspndant on, Sal Palentonio, and he gave props to the 49ers after they asked him about the game. He singled out Navarro Bowman as a tackling machine and said Aldon Smith whipped Jason Peters in the 4th quarter. He also talked about the timeout Harbaugh used with 1 second left in the 1st half. Said it sent a message to the players about how the 49ers will be competing every second in every game.

Damn it feels good. I don't want to get ahead of myself but this victory feels good and we as fans deserve this.

I also want to give props to Ronnie Brown and Alex Henery. I still can't believe Ronnie Brown tried to pass the ball back while getting tackled on the goal-line.

Sal has always been a good professional sports reporter. Oh, and what a difference a coach makes.
ESPN's Merril Hoge said something similar to that effect as well. More or less, he talked about how weak the NFC West division is, but he called the 49ers "a world beater" in the division. He added that right now teams don't want to be perfect. You want to win, but you also want things to work on, in addition to building on what you do well. Then, by Nomember and December you're hitting your stride.
[ Edited by PTulini on Oct 3, 2011 at 5:10 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship.
Originally posted by PTulini:
ESPN's Merril Hoge said something similar to that effect as well. More or less, he talked about how weak the NFC West division is, but he called the 49ers "a world beater" in the division. He added that right now teams don't want to be perfect. You want to win, but you also want things to work on, in addition to building on what you do well. Then, by Nomember and December you're hitting your stride.

Hoge will give us love because we have two of his favorite things..."factor backs"

That comment goes in line with the locker room speech by Harbaugh after the game. I don't have the exact words but he said something to the effects of the longer it took them to get better it would work to their advantage, it meant they would have to work harder day in and day out.
Bowman is looking like a top LB in the league! I figured he'd be good but he's playing much better than I ever expected him to. Last year, he wouldn't have made that tackle on Vick. Hell, last year he got juked by Kevin Kolb on a 3rd and long for a 1st down.
When he called that timeout before halftime Jim Mora jr was dogging him out. I didn't really think too much of it but if he was sending a message to the team it was a brillant move. Thats why Jim Mora Jr is in the broadcasting booth now.
When he called that timeout before halftime Jim Mora jr was dogging him out. I didn't really think too much of it but if he was sending a message to the team it was a brillant move. Thats why Jim Mora Jr is in the broadcasting booth now.

What did that f**k say?
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
What did that f**k say?

He kept saying, "Well, I'm sure there is SOME reason that he's doing this, but I don't know what it is." He kept repeating this (you could tell he was trying to sound nice, but WANTED to be critical) and then finally said, "It's just going to get your players hurt". I kept saying SHUT UP MORA! YOU'RE IN THE BROADCAST BOOTH NOW! YOU WANT TO COACH AGAIN??!!? YOU SOUND LIKE A HAS-BEEN!!

What did that f**k say?

Mora said that the timeout was pointless. He questioned the call saying "that stuff may work in college, but not in the NFL".

In the end, it really didn't matter, but it sure got Mora all fired up at the time.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Oct 3, 2011 at 6:40 AM ]
What did that f**k say?

Mora (and myself as well) were wondering why with under a minute left you, when you aren't running "hurry-up" we passed, let the clock run down a bit, then ran and the ball as if we were going to let time run out, then we called a time out. If you are trying to get back in it, pass, and use the time outs, if you are running clock, then run the ball and don't call time out, JH did exactly the opposite of what is considered "conventional wisdom". Mora ripped him, and I just thought, WTF, not the best clack management, but no real big deal. Since we won....Genus!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
What did that f**k say?

Mora (and myself as well) were wondering why with under a minute left you, when you aren't running "hurry-up" we passed, let the clock run down a bit, then ran and the ball as if we were going to let time run out, then we called a time out. If you are trying to get back in it, pass, and use the time outs, if you are running clock, then run the ball and don't call time out, JH did exactly the opposite of what is considered "conventional wisdom". Mora ripped him, and I just thought, WTF, not the best clack management, but no real big deal. Since we won....Genus!

I saw it as an opportunity. Here's one more play, Alex if you see something big developing down field, go after it. If not, dump it off and have your receiver try to get something. I really thought it was a nifty idea and yet again Mora proved why he's in the broadcasting booth.

Really not looking forward to editing the new videos just because of his dumbass.
our d isnt bad
Originally posted by 49erLegacy:

That comment goes in line with the locker room speech by Harbaugh after the game. I don't have the exact words but he said something to the effects of the longer it took them to get better it would work to their advantage, it meant they would have to work harder day in and day out.

Agree. Gonna be a very exciting season watching this team, players and coaches all grow together on the field this season