LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by hofer36:
love how Alex Smith used his legs to buy time and then throw back to hunter for the 40 yd + pass play---things like that show he is developing as a qb

he's developing in year 6? I'm glad. His turnover total needs to stay down at 1 every other game.

Lol. Love the Smith haters witht he Year 7 or 6. He's been the league that long but has played 3 and half years.

so if you think that way didn't Aaron Rodgers win a Super Bowl after year 3?

Not sure what you mean by that because Rodgers was on the bench in year 3.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I understand, but there are real coaches in place now. That, is the biggest difference between now and years past.

You hit it straight! Alex has been throwing the ball away when pressured, not making bad throws, making positive decisions. Something we've only seen flashes of he past 6 years. He has been consistent the past 4 games. Harbaugh and his staff have been the influential difference this season.

A 3rd down conversion in OT or a safety in deep coverage (cowboy game).....we could easily be 4-0 right now.
Originally posted by hofer36:
love how Alex Smith used his legs to buy time and then throw back to hunter for the 40 yd + pass play---things like that show he is developing as a qb

he's developing in year 6? I'm glad. His turnover total needs to stay down at 1 every other game.

Lol. Love the Smith haters witht he Year 7 or 6. He's been the league that long but has played 3 and half years.

so if you think that way didn't Aaron Rodgers win a Super Bowl after year 3?

Not sure what you mean by that because Rodgers was on the bench in year 3.

they're talking about years played
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Uhhhhh, he no play that game

Yeah, I already admitted I messed up on that one. Sorry. I'm pretty drunk.

all good then
I thought it was funny how people called Alex's touchdown to Josh Morgan "meaningless".
Originally posted by angelv05:
I thought it was funny how people called Alex's touchdown to Josh Morgan "meaningless".

Really? I missed that? Bringing your team to within two scores midway through the 3rd is garbage time now?

Originally posted by angelv05:

it definitely made it a game again. although i was skeptical and just thought the eagles were playing soft and half asleep on that drive.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
f**k a QB rating. This is the first time in his career he actually put this team on his back and carried the team to a victory. THAT is what I am taking out of this game, not his 110+ QBR. He showed something today that he hasnt shown in 6+ years. Hes had a high QBR game before.

Really nice team game today and really great 2nd half by Alex.

This. Was great to see and hope to see more
Slowly, but surely, Harbaugh's gaining confidence in Alex...he told him to open it up at halftime and Alex did just that. I watched his post-game interview a bit ago, and he praised his teammates above all, but also talked out how the environment has changed so positively under Harbaugh. I also got a sense of his quiet confidence...that he knows he and his teammates have it in them to perform at a high level. It all came together in the 2nd half...and it was a beautiful thing to see.
Share 49ersWebzone