LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Alex Smith Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by backontop:
You want him to stop throwing INT but ever think that our WR's do not get separation down field? That has been a big problem with them the past few seasons you know.

Cam Newton has every excuse? Really? He has a better OLine, 2 solid RB's, 2 Solid TE's, a pro bowl WR. Please explain to me what this magical IT factor is? The only thing that Cam Newton has right now that Alex Smith doesn't have is a ton of INT's and a losing record. While you call them excuses everyone who knows anything about football calls them legitimate reasons for Alex Smith's delayed development. Alex Smith has shown progression in his development every season even though he has been hindered by inadequate coaching and OC's. I guess seems how yardage is now the new IT stat I guess that means that Cam Newton is going to be the MVP of the SB. Oh that's right you have to actually win those games or else all those yards are worthless. I will take less than 200 yards and a W over 400 yards and a loss any day. Oh one more thing, each week the offense gets opened up more, and more of the WCO is being implemented into the game plans each week. Huh if only Harbaugh had told us something like this was going to happen, oh wait he did. It's funny that everyone can recognize this but the haters.
You Alex lovers crack me up. If Alex had went to the Panthers you would have said how they were 1-15 last year and stunk, now since someone said Newton is better than Smith the Panthers have all this talent? Give me a break, where does all this Smith love and excuses for his sorry play come from? He is low on interceptions because he throws 5 yard passes all day long, plain and simple. This team is going nowhere with him at QB, how pathetic is the 49ers for giving him 7 years.

Actually know, I genuinely feel that Alex Smith is better than Cam Newton. The Panthers have talent on their roster, it's not like the 2005 49ers when we drafted Alex Smith and our Receivers were Arnaz Battle, Brandon Lloyd and Johnny Morton.
What do you think?
easily. no doubt about it
Let's put it this way. This is the biggest win since the Giants game when Garcia brought us back from 24 down I think, and that was a while ago.
Yes without a doubt! He's shown this year that he is finally turning into that QB we envisioned him to be when we drafted him. To bad it took us 7 years to finally hire a HC that knows what he is doing.
The Alex and Jim coach and QB tandem is real nice. Alex loves the support from Jim and he is playing efficiently, really avoiding the mistakes.
Can't remember the last time we beat the Eagles in Philly, so pretty big!
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Let's put it this way. This is the biggest win since the Giants game when Garcia brought us back from 24 down I think, and that was a while ago.

Although it did not mean as much, I would say this is the biggest team win since the last time the 49ers won at Philadelphia, December 21, 2003.

Yeah though, this is Alex Smith's life moment right here. It took 6 long ass years, but there may be no going back after today.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Although it did not mean as much, I would say this is the biggest team win since the last time the 49ers won at Philadelphia, December 21, 2003.

Yeah though, this is Alex Smith's life moment right here. It took 6 long ass years, but there may be no going back after today.

well that answers my question, with the quickness!

from hater to supporter overnight

I think so.

It's frustrating to watch NFL Network though...they say absolutely NOTHING about Smith or our win but focus on "why the Eagles lost" and how amazing Vick was.

I still remember the great game at Denver knocking them out of the playoffs (the night Darrent Williams got killed I believe), the game against Seattle where he had that awesome bootleg and Gore said our boy became a man today and then the other games where he fell short like the 2nd half against the Texans or the Saints game..... basically saying it's great and all but Alex and the entire team half to not regress and take a step forward. Put together some consistent good football.... not just one game or one half. We tend to follow games up like this with a regression and disappointing loss. We will see if it is any different...
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 3, 2011 at 12:53 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
no the superbowl will be
It very well could be. A come from behind win where he kept his composure on the east coast vs. a good team (Eagles are better than their record indicates IMO). We couldn't win this for years and years and years. And now we can so it must mean something.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I still remember the great game at Denver knocking them out of the playoffs (the night Darrent Williams got killed I believe), the game against Seattle where he had that awesome bootleg and Gore said our boy became a man today and then the other games where he fell short like the 2nd half against the Texans or the Saints game..... basically saying it's great and all but Alex and the entire team half to not regress and take a step forward. Put together some consistent good football.... not just one game or one half. We tend to follow games up like this with a regression and disappointing loss. We will see if it is any different...

To be fair...Alex has been generally consistent this season. You don't get a 95+ rating 4 games in if you're "wildly" inconsistent.

Now...that said...we DO NEED to be consistently AGGRESSIVE. We've said it a million times..Alex Smith is at his best when he's allowed to ATTACK. Whenever we play ball control, go for broke on 3rd downs, run run screen punt...he plays like s**t. Get him the right mind set of attacking and let the guys play and good things happen.
Share 49ersWebzone