There are 378 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith Thread

pick 6 by Cam. Looks like teams have figured out his game.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,780
Originally posted by backontop:
You want him to stop throwing INT but ever think that our WR's do not get separation down field? That has been a big problem with them the past few seasons you know.


Cam Newton has every excuse? Really? He has a better OLine, 2 solid RB's, 2 Solid TE's, a pro bowl WR. Please explain to me what this magical IT factor is? The only thing that Cam Newton has right now that Alex Smith doesn't have is a ton of INT's and a losing record. While you call them excuses everyone who knows anything about football calls them legitimate reasons for Alex Smith's delayed development. Alex Smith has shown progression in his development every season even though he has been hindered by inadequate coaching and OC's. I guess seems how yardage is now the new IT stat I guess that means that Cam Newton is going to be the MVP of the SB. Oh that's right you have to actually win those games or else all those yards are worthless. I will take less than 200 yards and a W over 400 yards and a loss any day. Oh one more thing, each week the offense gets opened up more, and more of the WCO is being implemented into the game plans each week. Huh if only Harbaugh had told us something like this was going to happen, oh wait he did. It's funny that everyone can recognize this but the haters.
You Alex lovers crack me up. If Alex had went to the Panthers you would have said how they were 1-15 last year and stunk, now since someone said Newton is better than Smith the Panthers have all this talent? Give me a break, where does all this Smith love and excuses for his sorry play come from? He is low on interceptions because he throws 5 yard passes all day long, plain and simple. This team is going nowhere with him at QB, how pathetic is the 49ers for giving him 7 years.
  • Sman
  • Member
  • Posts: 4,754
Lmao! yea good job alex...you suck!!!!!! sit down!
  • 8to80
  • Member
  • Posts: 265
Yea, Alex Smith lovers are very disillusioned. If he was on another team, like the Raiders, these lovers would say he really sucks (7 seasons of below-average play as a 1st pick). Because he is on the Niners, it's like these lovers have stockholm syndrome (yes, we are being held hostage by Smith). He's a worse version of David Carr (Carr actually took shots downfield), which means he'll probably never become a great quarterback.
  • 8to80
  • Member
  • Posts: 265
BTW, I love how he freaks out in the face of a free rusher: he lets go of the ball. He did this last year, and it was only a matter of time before he did it this season.
[ Edited by 8to80 on Oct 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM ]
Originally posted by 8to80:
Yea, Alex Smith lovers are very disillusioned. If he was on another team, like the Raiders, these lovers would say he really sucks (7 seasons of below-average play as a 1st pick). Because he is on the Niners, it's like these lovers have stockholm syndrome (yes, we are being held hostage by Smith). He's a worse version of David Carr (Carr actually took shots downfield), which means he'll probably never become a great quarterback.


Yes, by all means do psycho-analyze other posters...gives you instant credibility!
  • 8to80
  • Member
  • Posts: 265
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Yes, by all means do psycho-analyze other posters...gives you instant credibility!
Nice comeback; it is way off-topic. It's funny that other NFL team fans all make fun of how terrible Alex Smith is, and NFL analysts all agree that he is a bust and below-average. But, some of us still think he is an accurate quarterback. Steve Young and Joe Montana were accurate. Making 5-10 yard throws is not accurate in my book (and often these throws were off-point).

I'm not saying he's terrible. I'm saying he is below-average.
Thats the Crabs we need.
2nd half just raised Smith above a 115 QBR. Nice job after a very lackluster first half.
  • rserda
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,305
Where are the haters now?
A Smith played a GREAT FREAKIN' GAME!!!!

- 98
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
But he didn't have 430 yards, 3 picks and lose the game like Cam Newton.....

Wait for the haters to come in and complain that he didn't throw for 300 yards - only 291.
Originally posted by 8to80:
Yea, Alex Smith lovers are very disillusioned. If he was on another team, like the Raiders, these lovers would say he really sucks (7 seasons of below-average play as a 1st pick). Because he is on the Niners, it's like these lovers have stockholm syndrome (yes, we are being held hostage by Smith). He's a worse version of David Carr (Carr actually took shots downfield), which means he'll probably never become a great quarterback.

I am an Alex Lover...
Originally posted by 8to80:
Nice comeback; it is way off-topic. It's funny that other NFL team fans all make fun of how terrible Alex Smith is, and NFL analysts all agree that he is a bust and below-average. But, some of us still think he is an accurate quarterback. Steve Young and Joe Montana were accurate. Making 5-10 yard throws is not accurate in my book (and often these throws were off-point).

I'm not saying he's terrible. I'm saying he is below-average.

For God's sake. Can you give it a rest even for one day?
First of all alex smith is isnt cam & cam isnt alex so stop comparin them. cam is great but dont get me started on his weaknesses, this is 9ers zone not panthers. But alex is not that bad @ 1st I disliked him cuz not only was he a statue but was scared to throw long but his recent 3-1 start has been fairly impressive, hasnt thrown a pick in forever & that kids got alot of heart, this is his last yr on the 9ers & looks like he wants to go out wit a bang, hopefully a good bang lol so stop hatin. Im pretty sure hes gettin tips from keapernick on how to scramble. Ya he mite not have brady or rodger numbers but he doesnt need them if 9ers keep playin good D need a lil wrk on their pass D but #1 run D! & special teams u c wut ginn did to seattle any given sunday baby. Hands down NFC west champs. & just beat the over hyped eagles