LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Alex Smith has 99 yards passing, no int's, no fumbles, 1 rush TD, and a WIN!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Alex Smith has 99 yards passing, no int's, no fumbles, 1 rush TD, and a WIN!

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The guys who are mad at him are going more off the past. Because this year at least he has played "clean" football at least. And that alone is an improvement. And with a good front 7 and good special teams that can equal some wins.

you must be on some good stuff, it took six years to get to this level and you think we should accept his play? Clean what?
Originally posted by mufasa76:
you must be on some good stuff, it took six years to get to this level and you think we should accept his play? Clean what?

And what´s the point about complaining? He is not losing games for us. I really don´t get it. Oh yeah I forgot we missed in 05 with him and it´s not acceptable for him to play OK now, he has to suck.

That he´s no Brady or Rodgers is nothing new...
I want wins. I dont care about other stats.
Put it this way, Alex Smith will always put the defense in the position to win the game. = Game Manager.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
I love Kaep and was very excited when we drafted him. I really do think he's the future of this team. That being said, he's not ready yet. You can talk bad about preseason and say it's meaningless (which is true in the W-L aspect of it) but you could tell he wasn't ready for the NFL just yet. He was staring down his receivers heavily, not going through his progressions well enough, had a tendency to run when he didn't need to, no pocket presence, etc etc. He needs the year at least to figure everything out. He WILL be good, but throwing him into games during his rookie year could have an Alex Smith effect on him.

Smith is playing really good right now. Especially compared to how he was, but also when looked at on it's own. He's getting us into scoring positions, we're winning games, he's going through his progressions, he's hitting receivers, he's making tough throws, he's becoming a playmaker when the play gets botched (the messed up snap that he threw perfectly into the endzone) he's getting better. There's no reason to take him out now, or at all this year. He hasn't shown any reasons for it.

Exactly, Kaepernick has potential and could pan out but he's not ready yet. Alex is not playing badly, and definitely not badly enough to trash the season by throwing in a rookie who will make a lot of mistakes. I just don't get it, for the first time in years we have a great chance to win our division and we want to throw it away to get a rookie who's not ready some playing time? Just because we don't like Alex Smith? That is just not smart IMO.

Yes.

See, to me you guys saying that Smith will maintain this so-called "high" level of play over the course of the season sounds just as ludicrous as Kap turning out to be a decent NFL QB to you guys. We're on opposite sides of the spectrum, but I think we've seen enough of Alex over the course of six years to write him off.

Kap on the other hand, we have no history on. Going off of preseason film and a few practices tells you nothing.
The difference is that so far this season (this is football, the past doesn't matter, if it did the lions would still be s**tty) he hasn't shown a reason to throw him out. None. He's making the plays he has behind one of the worst offensive lines i've seen in years. He puts his body on the line every single play and has come away with 2 victories out of 3 games, while scoring a good amount of points in the third and having our defense collapse to have us lose. You even admit he has looked good and say tat you're using his past to write off his future.

Sadly, we do only have preseason to go off of for Kaep. But I heavily disagree that it shows nothing. It shows how he works in game type situations. You're speaking as if because it's preseason, no one goes out there to play 100% and that couldn't be more wrong. Kaep has a lot of issues he needs to figure out before he's good enough for the NFL, and Harbaugh knows that. If he didn't, and if he was showing more than Smith, he would be playing.

I say you should hold off on writing off Smith and criticizing him until he actually does something this season to get mad at.

Ya'll just need to calm down and be patient. We'll see Kap week 17 - when we've clinched home-field advantage in the playoffs
What is the feeling of the WZ? Will you whine and cry like a little girl if the game is not pretty enough? Or is a win a win for you?

It's funny how you constantly "cry like a little girl" about most things pertaining to this team, but then turn around and make a thread like this.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Sep 30, 2011 at 9:54 AM ]
If we gut it out the rest of the way and win ugly and somehow go 15-1 ...you will not hear a peep out of me

I would rather our team keep winning ugly than lose games where the offense racks up 400+ yards ...it's all about the W's
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If those are his number then we will need to rush 200 yards to win the game and both of those things aint happening.
as crappy as alex has been (previous to this season), i'm still more comfortable with him than Kap.

(from someone that followed Kap his college career)

I'm in wrong... better for us.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
he could have 4 yards passing for all i care. i just wanna win, tired of losing!

I agree. I don't care about the stats. "W" is what matters. But not to these guys on the WZ. They want to see 430 yards, 3 picks and an "L.".....

The same people in the past have said, "It's all about the W's dood!" ..

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
as crappy as alex has been (previous to this season), i'm still more comfortable with him than Kap.

(from someone that followed Kap his college career)

I'm in wrong... better for us.

Same.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
he could have 4 yards passing for all i care. i just wanna win, tired of losing!

I agree. I don't care about the stats. "W" is what matters. But not to these guys on the WZ. They want to see 430 yards, 3 picks and an "L.".....

But now it's about being "pretty." So they really just don't like Alex.
Originally posted by mufasa76:
The guys who are mad at him are going more off the past. Because this year at least he has played "clean" football at least. And that alone is an improvement. And with a good front 7 and good special teams that can equal some wins.

If he doesn't turn the ball over and we win you should be happy. What's the problem? Not pretty enough for you? Cam Newton looks real pretty with 430 yards, 3 picks and the loss.....
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

But now it's about being "pretty." So they really just don't like Alex.

Thats what upsets me. How can people assume that we will be "pretty" this season? I'd like to see one of you go tthrough 12 days of learning an offense and go out and play "pretty"

A wins a f**king Win, be happy.

The score could be f**kin 2-0 and ill be happy
[ Edited by GuessWhosOn3rd on Sep 30, 2011 at 6:07 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
I want wins. I dont care about other stats.

bingo i want to be at Candlestick in January endzone painted red, freezing my ass off, screaming at the top of my lungs, for our first playoff game since 2002. high, low, or medium numbers don't mean s**t if you're not making the playoffs
Share 49ersWebzone