LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Could hunter be the spark the 49ers O needs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The real question is could Hunter be the spark my fantasy football team needs? Drafted Gore and just picked Hunter up off the waiver wire. Decisions decisions.
The spark that the 49ers need is for their o line to play at a higher level. Hunter could provide somewhat of a spark, but a running back could only do so much without decent blocking, I mean not every running back is Barry Sanders.

On another note, is it me or ever since we acquired Goodwin our o line sucks even more?
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
i think hunter could do well if he gets more playing time. but i really think ted ginn could be the spark the o needs. i can't help but think if ginn was on another team they'd be stretching the field with ginn and throwing him quite a few bombs each game. the niners seem to refuse to use ginn in that way. imagine if ginn was on the patriots or something. he'd be running 60 yard routes. ginn was our biggest spark so far this year. i think crabtree could also be a huge spark if he gets 100% healthy and gets more passes thrown to him.
I hope so. The Eagles are a sieve up the middle and Gore is apparently not healthy. Hunter and Dixon are both going to need to step up.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well this would be a good time to split the carries 60/40 in favor of Hunter with Gore being hurt.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well this would be a good time to split the carries 60/40 in favor of Hunter with Gore being hurt.

I agree, gore should be resting
I bet we will be seeing a running back by committee sort of thing this week. It sounds like Gore's workload will be reduced a bit.
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
Without a good run game the Eagles DB's will own the 49ers WR's. They will place a DB on Vernon and sit back and watch Alex Smith struggle. 49ers need to establish the run or we are dead.

I don't think their DB's are that great. Rogers-Cromartie wasn't great in ARI and Samuel is a risk-taker who excels in a cover 2.
Share 49ersWebzone