LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

Willis on ESPN2 - NFL32

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Will update with info

-Staying in Youngstown has allowed us to grow as a team, grow some camaraderie.

What do you have to do to shut down LeSean McCoy?
- Swarm to the ball. All 11 guys have to go for the ball at all times. If you can hit him, grab him hard and hold him down.

They have some dynamic players, like Vick who can throw it or run it..? (what kind of question is this s**t lol)
-We just have to get out there and play football, just play as fast as you can and get to the ball.

How do you describe this new regime?
-It's been great, we didn't get much time to get to know one another that well, but in the short time we have he's had a very positive influence on the team. It's an honor to work with him day to day, and take it one day at a time to win.

When you look at the 49ers, there's a focus on your QB position, Alex Smith, do you see any difference?
- I think Alex has played very well, he's going to continue to get better. He's directed the offense, and it's fun to watch him do what he do. We're in this together, we have three phases, all the sides have to work together and do their jobs.
[ Edited by Method on Sep 29, 2011 at 3:32 PM ]
Also said they have been practicing against Kaep to try and match Vick.
We have some of the worst speakers in the NFL. Willis needs to cut the "ums" out, Gore is terrible, and Jerry Rice is worse than Emmit Smith.
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
We have some of the worst speakers in the NFL. Willis needs to cut the "ums" out, Gore is terrible, and Jerry Rice is worse than Emmit Smith.
You serious? The "um's" don't worry me at all, the guy is very respectful when he speaks and he seems pretty damn intelligent too.
Originally posted by Method:
You serious? The "um's" don't worry me at all, the guy is very respectful when he speaks and he seems pretty damn intelligent too.

He's very respectful, always has been. I love the guy. Im just being a little picky.

I also love the way he answers his fan's tweets. It always very encouraging and positive statements. He's just an all around great guy.
[ Edited by 52thegreat on Sep 29, 2011 at 3:40 PM ]

yea our bad speakers are:
Willis
gore
davis

good ones are:
alex smith
justin smith
joe staley

good thing we replaced singletary with harbaugh.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Willis
gore
davis

good ones are:
alex smith
justin smith
joe staley

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Willis
gore
davis

good ones are:
alex smith
justin smith
joe staley

I forgot about VD. I havent heard him this year. Amen to Harbaugh replacing Singletary. I swear I felt less intelligent after listening to him.

- Swarm to the ball. All 11 guys have to go for the ball at all times. If you can hit him, grab him hard and hold him down.

Because of the statement above, for some reason I feel that Reid will call a flea flicker that will leave Desean all by himself for paydirt...

I hope the secondary stays disciplined, plays like that are game changers.
Originally posted by verb1der:

Because of the statement above, for some reason I feel that Reid will call a flea flicker that will leave Desean all by himself for paydirt...

yup, Good offensive coaches throw these type of plays in when we are stopping their run and being overly aggressive.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

yup, Good offensive coaches throw these type of plays in when we are stopping their run and being overly aggressive.

We better be ready for a ton of screen plays.

He's very respectful, always has been. I love the guy. Im just being a little picky.

I also love the way he answers his fan's tweets. It always very encouraging and positive statements. He's just an all around great guy.

hes an maniacal freak on the field but a teddy bear field out of the field.
[ Edited by gold49digger on Sep 29, 2011 at 4:25 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

They are football players, not public speakers.

These football players are put on a very large spotlight to perform for their stakeholders - front office, coaches, teammates, family, friends, media. In addition, the 49ers franchise put a lot of emphasis on having a good attitude in the locker room and in the community.

And if you alienate or say the wrong things to any one of those reasons I listed, you could cause a tidal wave that may have ramifications on your job security, pay, and career in the NFL.

So these guys - Willis, VD, Gore - are always under intense scrutiny within those stakeholders - f**k, there was a thread in NT to trade Gore. Naturally, the pressure leads them to think twice about what they say to the media - and you can see that in their speaking patterns when compared to seeing them talk to teammates in the locker room.

So let's keep the discussion on the real issue - performance - and less on the nonsense items.
one way to take out vick is to take out Reid....Willis should tackle him if gets close
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I believe the last time the Niners played the Eagles at the Stick, Reid called a flea flicker and it totally worked, everyone bit.
Share 49ersWebzone