There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Could this have anything to do with anything?

Gore looks lost, and Chilo looks worse than usual....hmm I wonder....

"The result was "Camp Alex," which gave the offense a head start they would not have otherwise been afforded. Smith's work was commendable -- especially considering he had yet to sign his one-year, $4.9 million contract. Gore and right guard Chilo Rachal were the only 49ers offensive players under contract, then and now, who did not attend any of the sessions.Read more: Maiocco: Production matters in 49ers' captains vote Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story "

Frank does not seem to know how to run zone, or who to block, and Chilo well he sucks more ass than ever, maybe OTA are important!
Your thoughts....
You sir are a genius.
Good catch
the line could have definitely used more time as far as frank goes i think he will eventually click with the zone blocking. frank is having to adjust his running style straight ahead with power and get to the 2 level to understanding where the hole will be. i do think that by the end of the year (after bye week) he will have made the needed adjustments.
All of our offensive lineman are having communication breakdowns though. I think it's more times not knowing who to block than just plain getting beat. As for Gore he spent a lot of years training by himself and it was never a problem. Would being there and getting the 101 of the playbook have helped.... probably? Not sure it's the reason for what is going on though. Obviously, no OTAs hurts though... Camp Alex helped but you can't make up for missing all that time in a few weekends practices without coaches.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
All of our offensive lineman are having communication breakdowns though. I think it's more times not knowing who to block than just plain getting beat. As for Gore he spent a lot of years training by himself and it was never a problem. Would being there and getting the 101 of the playbook have helped.... probably? Not sure it's the reason for what is going on though. Obviously, no OTAs hurts though... Camp Alex helped but you can't make up for missing all that time in a few weekends practices without coaches.

I believe this is the first year we are doing a lot of zone blocks as opposed to angle blocks, that may be the cause
Whoa. Just whoa. Thumbs up man!
Great post man ( a rarity around these parts). Shows a lot about their character to blow off practicing with the team. I'm especially disappointed in Frank who told the media he was in impeccable shape (or something along those lines) when he was crying about a new contract. Not to mention he's a team captain.

Great leadership there, Frank.
In Gore's case, I dont think it wouldve made a difference. Gore's tenure is over, and it's about right in terms of longevity for RBs (I hate to say it, but it makes you appreciate Emmitt Smith more). It's not just that he looks lost, but rather the lack of effort that bothers me. He evades the rush and tries to tiptoe his way around defenders, which leads to marginal yardage. He used to be a downhill runner barreling through the lines for 3-5 yard games. He needs to be used like Tomlinson now. Special situations where he can pick up blitzes, set up screens, etc. Cant rely on him as an every down back anymore.

Gotta give him credit for making us commit financially right before the season. Fooled us.
one woulda thought the whole o-line was a no-show the way they're "jelling"
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
one woulda thought the whole o-line was a no-show the way they're "jelling"

LOL
It's worth pondering.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
How the f**k does Rachal think he's good enough to skip practice?
Originally posted by Antix:
How the f**k does Rachal think he's good enough to skip practice?

this, seriously the dumb ass mustve thought his biggest fan singletary was still the hc.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Yes OTA's and Mini-camps ARE important, without those a playbook cannot be installed correctly. Then again, neither was our starting Center there either.