LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

My breakdown of the season so far

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thanks for the good post!
Very nice post!
They mention in the last game Cincinnati had found a way to read the SF offense, I have been wondering about this, have to be either something Gore is doing or one of the interior linemen. Would love to hear your take on this.
Great post with useful info! I also like the turn over stat. Worried about the Eagles being able to stuff the run. I know they haven't so far but our line seems to find ways to make other teams look good. 12 sacks in the first three games!
Good post. It shows we are not beating ourselves by turning the ball over. It will be interesting to see how the OLine plays, if they can open up holes for Gore. Kendall should also have a good game. How good are the Eagles LBackers?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post. It shows we are not beating ourselves by turning the ball over. It will be interesting to see how the OLine plays, if they can open up holes for Gore. Kendall should also have a good game. How good are the Eagles LBackers?

Are you kidding me, if it wasn't for the defense holding the bengals to 3 after Gore fumbled and Alex bailing him out on the next drive we would've lost. Gore is done, he's made costly turnovers in crucial parts of the game (ie. Saints last year). Sure Alex has made turnovers too but he's the QB, their chances of a turnover are way higher than anyone else on the team. If Gore can't get going in Philly I hope Harbaugh is smart enough to put The Endzone Hunter in!
[ Edited by gamechanger on Sep 27, 2011 at 9:00 AM ]
Originally posted by 707Niners:
thank you, been on this site for about 8 years, just never post until now

Good post!
Originally posted by 707Niners:
Bad

28th - Pass Offense
30th - Rush Offense
32nd - Total Offense

Good

14th - Points a game
4th - Pass Completion %
13th - QB Rating

Were still learning a whole new system, we might not be putting up the yards, but were being efficient, and putting up points
Good Post on Stats.

The problem with how they rank the offense is that its done by total yards. For most of the year we are going to be ranked at the bottom in that category because we are so far in the hole on that stat. We will continue to get better and score points but the TV networks will continue to say the Niners are the worst in total offense. That's not a big deal to me. It will take most of the year I think to get the offensive philosophy figured out. We just need to keep winning the games that we should and when it's a team like Dallas, Philly, Pitt or Baltimore, etc... we need to play smart, turnover free football to at least give our team a shot at winning and hopefully some of those games will fall our way, because on paper we are not better than them right now, we just need to play better than them on that day.

Philly's D isn't as bad as the NFL stats show either. They are also trying to figure out things on both sides of the ball. 8 guys in the box and with Nmandi and Samuel in the secondary... that can be scary for us. I hope we change some things up like spread out the offense or use Hunter a little more on some check downs like they do with McCoy. Gore is still the man in SF but we need to have Hunter's speed on the field more.
Share 49ersWebzone