There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anybody Else Have A Flashback After R.Smith's Int?

Intercept's the ball, gets up and start's running with it. We are up by 7. The moment he got up, did anybody else have a flashback of a certain play last year? It was my first thought. Next time please stay the **&%$# down...
No I thought...s**t how are we going to get a first down without punting the ball back to them.
I was yelling down motherf*cker get DOWN!! And he listened. You could see Nate yelling the same thing too.
Yes, I thought the same exact thing. GET DOWN!
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Intercept's the ball, gets up and start's running with it. We are up by 7. The moment he got up, did anybody else have a flashback of a certain play last year? It was my first thought. Next time please stay the **&%$# down...

I swear on my life, I got that flashback.First, I was like "yes, we won the game...." Then he got up and ran and I was like, "IF HE FALLS...! DAMMIT, FALL DAMMIT!"
That was one HELL of an Interception by Reggie. Always liked the dude, finally proving himself.
I thought of the Atlanta game as soon as he got up. I screamed " SIT DOWN" But I'm getting kinda use to this generation of players who are more worried about the high-lite film then the team. I'm 45 years old and it's kinda hard to watch all the celebrating that is going on sometimes. Never was a big fan of Deion Sanders back in the day because of his " LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME" crap. ..And he was mild compare to the garbage going on now. If I want to see dancing Ill tune into Dancing with the Stars. And that ain't happening. But I did like BiIlly White Shoes Johnson's dance..so what the hell do I know
What about when Ginn returned that kick off for a TD against the Seahawks and started showboating? Did you guys yell at the TV too?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

I know, I am scared by that but I have always worried with defensive players carrying the ball. Most only think about the end zone and don't know how to protect the ball. I kind of wanted him to get down but I knew with 2 minutes left we wouldn't be able to run the game out with a 1st down so I wanted him to go as far as he could. If they didn't burn timeouts they could have had a few plays. When is the last time we have been able to get a 1st when we needed to burn the other teams timeouts and win the game? 10 years? It has cost us so many victories because we get the ball back thinking we have won but can't get a 1st down to end the game. Colts, Vikings games a few years ago come to mind without even thinking into it.
Originally posted by gamechanger:
What about when Ginn returned that kick off for a TD against the Seahawks and started showboating? Did you guys yell at the TV too?

Earl Thomas was giving 110% and might have caught him if they had a few more yards. Ginn Jr let up but said he seen Earl in the jumbo tron so that's why he put the ball down right away and got the TD. Really stupid though... if he didn't see him Earl might have been able to swat it out for a touchback and 0 points for us. IMO the NFL has more mental airs and stupid dumb mistakes then ever before. Not just talking about Ginn Jr but in general... it gets worse every year. Fundamentals, knowing the rules, mental lapses, early celebrations, etc.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 26, 2011 at 8:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by gamechanger:

Earl Thomas was giving 110% and might have caught him if they had a few more yards. Ginn Jr let up but said he seen Earl in the jumbo tron so that's why he put the ball down right away and got the TD. Really stupid though... if he didn't see him Earl might have been able to swat it out for a touchback and 0 points for us.

That would make it a Safety wouldnt it?
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
That would make it a Safety wouldnt it?

Pretty sure if he swats it out of the end zone that is touchback for them. They start on the 20 and we get 0 points and they get 0 points. Still that could have changed the entire game because of an early celebration. Ginn probably doesn't return the punt for a td, it's back to 19-17 and they have the ball on the 20.

Someone would have to check into this. The NFL rules are so complicated and change so much. Not 100% sure... If I am wrong and it is a safety then it would have been 19-19 and we would have punted them the ball. So either way that could have cost us big time.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 26, 2011 at 8:59 PM ]
I flashbacked to a pick 6
Originally posted by rigs49:
I was yelling down motherf*cker get DOWN!! And he listened. You could see Nate yelling the same thing too.

Who is Nate?
Originally posted by rigs49:

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home