LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

Offensively

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Offensively, we might look terrible, basic and robotic, but state wise, we are 12 in the league in scoring, if we can keep that up, it will be a good year, specially with our defensive strength.

Fans of St.Louis, Seattle, Jacksonville and KC would kill for our offensive stats right now :)
12th in scoring?! would've never guessed that...

btw, I'm starting to see new plays every week we haven't seen yet. I wonder what new plays they come up with to attack the Eagles. Exciting!!!
I dunno about basic or robotic...our OL sucks and our HBs aren't able to get anything. Our passing game looks very good (minus the sacks and run for your life plays) but is limited in attempts.
it seams that all of our players are playing like robots, very deliberate in their moves and action, almost like thinking the entire time they are running around. not natural at all, like they are not sure they are in the right place or what not. looking at other highlights from other games, you can just see natural-ness to everyone's motions, i.e. that TD from Schaub to Owen Daniels, smooth little slant, slurps in the catch and into the endzone. For the 49ers, that same play would have been a slant, slightly late throw, a sudden pause to ensure the catch and a tackle on the spot. i think once these guys are able to instinctive run the plays, the offense will be less robotic and more effective.
i would like to see our receivers do more on their own to pick up yards after the catch. we can't seem to get anyone to make a big play on their own after the catch
Originally posted by stepnez:
i would like to see our receivers do more on their own to pick up yards after the catch. we can't seem to get anyone to make a big play on their own after the catch

Our only receiver that doesn't have a slight pause after the catch is Crabtree, but he's almost too sudden and gets ahead of himself with drops.
OL has got it's work cut out for it this week. The Eagles defensive backfield is very good and will make it very hard for our receivers to get open. Smith will need better protection and we will NEED the runnning game to get going.
Agree, a few new plays every week. We are not beating ourselves - yet - too many penalties, sacks, hurries. If the OLine doen't get its act together soon - someone is going to get injured.
Originally posted by rlott42:

Our only receiver that doesn't have a slight pause after the catch is Crabtree, but he's almost too sudden and gets ahead of himself with drops.

when i look at crabtree in my positive glasses i agree with you 100% which is why he keeps me p****d the majority of the time. i see him catching balls from the slot and making nice gains just like the other tech receiver welker although crabs is more talented
when i look at crabtree in my positive glasses i agree with you 100% which is why he keeps me p****d the majority of the time. i see him catching balls from the slot and making nice gains just like the other tech receiver welker although crabs is more talented

Crabs on the pats would be a monster.

Somehow I think our running game will greatly improve with Hunter as the feature back.

The problem with Gore he just doesn't get to the holes fast enough, and he doesn't seem to have the ability to bounce it outside when there is not a hole. He just tries to create his own hole, which does not work.
Even if Gore
If it weren't for Ted Ginn, we'd be 12th from the bottom. Granted though, other teams have been boosted by defensive and special teams TD's as well.
Share 49ersWebzone