There are 173 users in the forums

So does Snyder Start at RG now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I can't believe how bad Staley is playing. Chilo doesn't surprise me but Staley while he's never lived up to his draft spot he has been somewhat solid. I rewatched the Bengals game last night and I focused on the O-line, rewinding each snap until I figured out who missed their assignment or who just got beat. I was shocked at what I saw in Staley.

Staley might have missed more blocks than Rachal. I mean, he is really playing poorly. He's whiffing on run blocks, and i mean missing guys all together. He's consistently getting beat by faster pass rushers too and he's supposed to be one of the more athletic LT's in the game.

More dissapointed in Joe than anyone on the line. Pick it up Joe! GO NINERS!

Understatement...glad to see he isn't getting a free pass in NT anymore!

I saw this happen in preseason and called for JH to bench him to send a message to the line.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/157423-its-time-harbaugh-send-message/
Put Kilgore in, cut Rachal, Snydershould stay on Bench where he belongs.
Originally posted by susweel:
I saw this happen in preseason and called for JH to bench him to send a message to the line.

That certainly would have sent a message! And how does Solari get a free pass? Hasn't this been a perpetual problem during his tenure here too?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

That certainly would have sent a message! And how does Solari get a free pass? Hasn't this been a perpetual problem during his tenure here too?

Well this team has changed Oline coaches many times in the last 6-7 years and the line has still sucked. At some point you have to think that its not the coaching and more the players, and more the scouting of the players when they were drafted.

If Sporano gets caned down in Miami I hope Harbaugh brings him in as the 0-line coach. The one place where the fish are solid at on Offense is along the O-line and that's Sporano's specialty.
Probably.
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Sep 28, 2011 at 11:17 AM ]

Well this team has changed Oline coaches many times in the last 6-7 years and the line has still sucked. At some point you have to think that its not the coaching and more the players, and more the scouting of the players when they were drafted.

It could be that the O-line coaches that have been here have been poor judges at evaluating O-linemen available in the draft. Or have been unable to persuade management from signing quality O-linemen.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
What happened to our 'potential' pro-bowler? He has looked awful so far this year!

Staley has a LONG way to go to be a pro bowler. He hasn't shown me much except for getting beat and getting hurt.

It is time to move him back to the right so Smith can at least see the DE running right by Staley.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If Kilgore were able to rapidly develop into a center, I would love to see what an OL of Boone-Iupati-Kilgore-Davis-Staley could do.

Very interesting post from you, OTC...

I don't think we should be shocked at all if this plays out in training camp next season. That being said, if this OL continues to play poorly, there might be a shakeup that we can't even imagine right now....for example, Beeler at C, Kilgore or Hall at RG and guys like Rachal and perhaps even Staley traded.

How can the OL play well with so many different coaches year in and year out? [sarcasm detector should be on]

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dont we have two Oline coaches this year ?
Man do I miss Coach Mckittrick

we could sure use him right now ...We miss you Bob
Originally posted by blm7754:
Yeah, I suspect Solari is part of the problem. When you've got this much raw talent to work with, how can you field a product this bad and still be called a good coach.

The other part of the problem is certainly the switch from man-blocking to zone-blocking. Our personell are better physically equipped and more familiar with man-blocking. But once they get the hang of it I think most of them have the athletic ability to be good at it. The lock-out definitely robbed these guys of a chance to learn and perfect this stuff in a low-pressure setting.

I think this is really proving to be the case. The guys are just not used to playing in this system. It may take the entire season before we see some real improvement in this unit. Therefore, it might really make sense to try a guy like Kilgore on the OL because he was drafted partly because the Niners thought he would be a good fit in their new system.

Don't be surprised to see Beeler at C and Hall either at T or G next year when they both gain some weight and have a year to adapt to the NFL.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The loss of Heitmann and Baas is profound. Skeptics have been silenced.

As for Kilgore and Boone, I have been critical for a call to go to the bench to this point, but can it get any worse? It is about time to let the kids play and see if they can do anything better than this current pile of poop.

Right, because the O-Line was such a well-oiled machine when those 2 were manning the C position . It may be a bit worse right now, but there really isn't a huge discrepancy between this line and the line of the last couple years. Run blocking was a bit better before, but I think there may be some extenuating circumstances that are contributing to it being so poor right now.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Sep 28, 2011 at 11:44 AM ]
I think Chilo is screwed.

Share 49ersWebzone