There are 236 users in the forums

So does Snyder Start at RG now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
we drafted X but shoulda drafted Y..... that's a mighty huge can of worms.

Davis is still young and talented enough not to write off yet. Part of his problem may be that he is playing next to another inexperienced and inconsistent player (Rachal)... He may be thinking too much about what he can or should do if Chilo screws up rather than concentrating on his own assignments.

Even thought I am not a fan of Snyder, just the fact that he is a veteran may really help Davis. He is definitely the better option at this point. Rachal just isn't reliable at all.

Another thought for the future... Next year, it might be prudent to move Davis inside to RG, have Boone (or perhaps even Staley) play RT, and draft a stud LT. If is becoming clearer and clearer that Staley is not up to the weekly task of protecting Alex's blind side. Sad but true. Maybe the Niners should even think about trying Staley out at guard. He is pretty mobile and would be able to pull as well if not better than the guards they have.
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Sep 26, 2011 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by stepnez:
i have questioned solari's ability this year since we don't appear to have improved from last year but not ready to give up yet. one thing to remember davis just turned 21 and still has a huge upside i think davis will benefit when someone other than rachal line up next to him. i would like to see boone and snyder on the field more.
I think its becoming more and more obvious that Solari is not the OL savior he was portrayed as when he first came here, irrespective of any previous connection he may have had with Bob McKittrick.

If anything, this last game drew Harbaugh's attention to the OL more than ever before, so Solari had better be able to answer some tough questions this week. Maybe he gets some "help" with the OL, which can't bode well for his future with the team.

Same deal as with Rachal. Maybe a nice guy and all, but its a business, and if he's not doing his job. . .
Nvm. dbl post
[ Edited by oldninerdude on Sep 26, 2011 at 3:39 PM ]
Although Rachal has been the de facto starter throughout training camp and the preseason, Snyder has been worked in at times at right guard including a series here and there in the 49ers' first two games. Who's the starting right guard for Sunday against the Eagles? "To be determined," Harbaugh said. "There's a competition there."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/09/gore-good-to-go-harbaugh-says-rachals-starting-role-to-be-determined.html#ixzz1Z6JkLRyS
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
i have questioned solari's ability this year since we don't appear to have improved from last year but not ready to give up yet. one thing to remember davis just turned 21 and still has a huge upside i think davis will benefit when someone other than rachal line up next to him. i would like to see boone and snyder on the field more.
I think its becoming more and more obvious that Solari is not the OL savior he was portrayed as when he first came here, irrespective of any previous connection he may have had with Bob McKittrick.

If anything, this last game drew Harbaugh's attention to the OL more than ever before, so Solari had better be able to answer some tough questions this week. Maybe he gets some "help" with the OL, which can't bode well for his future with the team.

Same deal as with Rachal. Maybe a nice guy and all, but its a business, and if he's not doing his job. . .

It's not like Solari did a great job in Seattle...he made a real mess of what was a good line. Things have gone from bad to worse here. I'm amazed that we have any passing game at all. Unless this straightens out real soon, I hope harbaugh goes OL Coach shopping this off season.
Chilo, Staley and Davis are all weak. I don't see how benching 1 or all of them can result in any worse blocking than what we've seen. For starters, Snyder deserves a crack in the starting line up and Chilo should be ridin' pine.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
It's not like Solari did a great job in Seattle...he made a real mess of what was a good line. Things have gone from bad to worse here. I'm amazed that we have any passing game at all. Unless this straightens out real soon, I hope harbaugh goes OL Coach shopping this off season.

I remember reading something about that when he first came here, but put it aside as some Seattle fan's sour grapes. However, Solari's track record here has not been very good at all.

I thought last season's OL performance was just due to the fact that we had two rookies starting and three new/different starters. But the fact is there were similar problems back then.

Its telling, to me, that a guy like Boone impressed enough to make the roster last year, but never suited up. He was highly thought of coming out of HS, and a top prospect until he got drunk and ruined his chances at being drafted. If not for that, he might have been a first round pick.

Then he cleans up his act, and reshapes his body, enough to impress the coaches and make the roster--but he's never good enough to actually play? WTF?

Does it mean that Solari is just not very imaginative, and can't see beyond the "first rounder" labels? Does he think he's got to start guys based on the size of their salaries, and not based on their ability and effort?

Starting to not like the guy very much.
Originally posted by 9er2thegrave:
Chilo, Staley and Davis are all weak. I don't see how benching 1 or all of them can result in any worse blocking than what we've seen. For starters, Snyder deserves a crack in the starting line up and Chilo should be ridin' pine.

chilo =bench
staley=better step it up
davis=see positives, i think he is better this year than last. still extremely young and would benefit from someone other than rachal on his left imo
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
we drafted X but shoulda drafted Y..... that's a mighty huge can of worms.

Davis is still young and talented enough not to write off yet. Part of his problem may be that he is playing next to another inexperienced and inconsistent player (Rachal)... He may be thinking too much about what he can or should do if Chilo screws up rather than concentrating on his own assignments.

Even thought I am not a fan of Snyder, just the fact that he is a veteran may really help Davis. He is definitely the better option at this point. Rachal just isn't reliable at all.

Another thought for the future... Next year, it might be prudent to move Davis inside to RG, have Boone (or perhaps even Staley) play RT, and draft a stud LT. If is becoming clearer and clearer that Staley is not up to the weekly task of protecting Alex's blind side. Sad but true. Maybe the Niners should even think about trying Staley out at guard. He is pretty mobile and would be able to pull as well if not better than the guards they have.

"and draft a stud LT" That is easier said than done and we've tried....Harris, Staley, Davis..... I agree with much of what you say though. I feel like we have a lot of talent on the oline....maybe we just need to shuffle the players around or as others have said get a new Oline coach. Also, I wouldn't write Davis off just yet at Tackle. Maybe try him at LT as I belive he played LT at Rutgers. He is still very young and very gifted.
Daniel Kilgore. Keep Snyder as the 6th O-Lineman.

• obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er2thegrave:

chilo =bench
staley=better step it up
davis=see positives, i think he is better this year than last. still extremely young and would benefit from someone other than rachal on his left imo

Staley needs to move to RT
Davis goes to guard
Chilo benched, traded or released
Find a future LT in the draft or free agency next season
Originally posted by obx49:
Davis goes to guard

Better find that LT in the 4th or later rounds, since those seem to be the only rounds we don't miss during.
Originally posted by obx49:
Davis goes to guard

Better find that LT in the 4th or later rounds, since those seem to be the only rounds we don't miss during.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

that's damn funny
Kilgore better cowboy the f**k up
Share 49ersWebzone