LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

So does Snyder Start at RG now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
What happened to our 'potential' pro-bowler? He has looked awful so far this year!
He was never a potential Pro Bowler, that was just hype. Staley has always sucked.
Let's get to the bottom line...it is time to fire Solari. The OL couldn't pass block, Vernon was whiffing on protection, Gore did the same. Nobody is functioning at a decent level, including Staley. Time to pull the plug and go a different direction, because this is not getting better or easier. Smith might just get killed at Philly this week.
YES...actually i would like to see a line composed of boone,iupati,snyder,staley,davis but i don't know if staley could transition to the g position during the season. a better player next to davis would help him tremendously.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
He was never a potential Pro Bowler, that was just hype. Staley has always sucked.

Indeed..indeed. When he was drafted, all I heard was how good this guy was. Now 4 years later I still have not seen anything consistently good about him.
Yea! Put in Kilgore!!!

To young. is your name just a coincidence? A kinda fish?
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Let's get to the bottom line...it is time to fire Solari. The OL couldn't pass block, Vernon was whiffing on protection, Gore did the same. Nobody is functioning at a decent level, including Staley. Time to pull the plug and go a different direction, because this is not getting better or easier. Smith might just get killed at Philly this week.

I thought this guy was to be the next great line coach for us? Is it possible that it's because 2-3 different guys are coaching this group? I read in the preseason that one coaches the guards, another the TE and tackles etc. ?
How is Solari responsible for Vernon wiffing on protection? Or Gore doing the same?

I share your concerns about A. Smith's health this week in Philly, based on what I've seen of Philly's DL.

However, I'm not sure I follow your reasoning about Solari somehow being responsible for Vernon, a TE, and Gore, a RB.

Seems somewhat irrational. "Mad" even.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Yea! Put in Kilgore!!!

To young. is your name just a coincidence? A kinda fish?

Read This:

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
The way Chilo played I wouldn't doubt if he put money down against the Niners.

Lol exactly what I said during the game yesterday
Think about this tragedy: Anthony Davis drafted over Earl Thomas...

Think about this tragedy: Anthony Davis drafted over Earl Thomas...

we drafted X but shoulda drafted Y..... that's a mighty huge can of worms.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Do it. Move Chilo to the Jockstrap scrubber.

Second that.....
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Sep 26, 2011 at 1:21 PM ]

I'm inclined to agree with this. I remember when Solari came here I was very concerned about what happened in Seattle. For those of you who don't know, he took what was a very good offensive line and made it the laughing stock of the nfl in less than 2 seasons. History seems to be repeating itself....well not quite..our line was already bad...but it seems to have gotten worse.

agreed
i have questioned solari's ability this year since we don't appear to have improved from last year but not ready to give up yet. one thing to remember davis just turned 21 and still has a huge upside i think davis will benefit when someone other than rachal line up next to him. i would like to see boone and snyder on the field more.
Share 49ersWebzone