There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A really good, or fat chance to beat Philly this upcoming Sunday

Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I got no sympathy for.him, Smith took a helmet to helmet hit from Nate yesterday and.there was no flag. We have been getting the s**t end of the stick on penalty calls this year...f**kin crappy officials.

Not a question of sympathy....it's a question of fairness. And as usual you see the refs have no consistency in the application of the "rules".

If that was Tom Brady or Peyton Manning getting popped, you can bet there would have a mountain of yellow cloth next to them.

I think they have anti-pathy toward Vick (bias against...so they don't protect him), and indifference in the case of Alex (he's not one of the blue chip QBs the league actually made the rules to protect).

It's kind of weird....Vick should be one of the blue chippers and protected.

Vick is getting hit legally, these aren't late hits he's receiving, he's just complaining because he's made of glass and doesn't want to get hit at all.
Originally posted by kray28:
Not a question of sympathy....it's a question of fairness. And as usual you see the refs have no consistency in the application of the "rules".

If that was Tom Brady or Peyton Manning getting popped, you can bet there would have a mountain of yellow cloth next to them.

I think they have anti-pathy toward Vick (bias against...so they don't protect him), and indifference in the case of Alex (he's not one of the blue chip QBs the league actually made the rules to protect).

It's kind of weird....Vick should be one of the blue chippers and protected.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
The defense is allowed to hit him in the helmet if he is running the ball, and past the line of scrimmage.

Actually no....helmet to helmet hits are illegal, period. Look at the rules.

Shoulder pad to helmet is considered incidental...and usually not flagged. But I've seen them flagged as well. See our game against Seattle.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Vick is getting hit legally, these aren't late hits he's receiving, he's just complaining because he's made of glass and doesn't want to get hit at all.

Actually the hit I saw was:

1. Late
2. To the facemask

The rules are rules.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I got no sympathy for.him, Smith took a helmet to helmet hit from Nate yesterday and.there was no flag. We have been getting the s**t end of the stick on penalty calls this year...f**kin crappy officials.

Not a question of sympathy....it's a question of fairness. And as usual you see the refs have no consistency in the application of the "rules".

If that was Tom Brady or Peyton Manning getting popped, you can bet there would have a mountain of yellow cloth next to them.

I think they have anti-pathy toward Vick (bias against...so they don't protect him), and indifference in the case of Alex (he's not one of the blue chip QBs the league actually made the rules to protect).

It's kind of weird....Vick should be one of the blue chippers and protected.

No, you are off there, if they are going to protect any qbs, they should protect them all.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
<blockquote class="quote">
Quote:
Report: Vick will miss 3-4 weeks
Posted by Mike Florio on September 26, 2011, 7:16 AM EDT

Getty ImagesLast night, Eagles quarterback Mike Vick put the officials on notice that he has concerns about their failure to throw flags when he's hit illegally. The men in white and black may have a month or so to get their act together. Howard Eskin of NBC 10 reports that Vick will miss 3-4 weeks with that broken right (non-throwing) hand he suffered in Sunday's loss to the Giants. The Eagles have three games before their bye week. They host the 49ers before traveling to Buffalo and Washington. If Eskin, who serves as the sideline reporter for the Eagles' radio broadcast, is accurate, the 1-2 Eagles will need to rely on Mike Kafka or Vince Young at least those three games. Eskin also reports that receiver Jeremy Maclin could miss next weekend's game with a hamstring strain.


I got no sympathy for.him, Smith took a helmet to helmet hit from Nate yesterday and.there was no flag. We have been getting the s**t end of the stick on penalty calls this year...f**kin crappy officials.
The defense is allowed to hit him in the helmet if he is running the ball, and past the line of scrimmage.
Really? I thought helmet to helmet was illegal across the board.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I got no sympathy for.him, Smith took a helmet to helmet hit from Nate yesterday and.there was no flag. We have been getting the s**t end of the stick on penalty calls this year...f**kin crappy officials.

Not a question of sympathy....it's a question of fairness. And as usual you see the refs have no consistency in the application of the "rules".

If that was Tom Brady or Peyton Manning getting popped, you can bet there would have a mountain of yellow cloth next to them.

I think they have anti-pathy toward Vick (bias against...so they don't protect him), and indifference in the case of Alex (he's not one of the blue chip QBs the league actually made the rules to protect).

It's kind of weird....Vick should be one of the blue chippers and protected.

Matt Ryan got obviously hit head-to-head in last weeks game after the play and no one threw the flag either. Alex Smith got hit the same way this last Bengals game at one point and there was no flag.

It is no surprise that refs are more cautious with the superstars.... it is the same in every sport... pitchers with a lot of renown get huge strike zones (I remember back in the day Dennis Eckersley getting crazy strike zones back in the day) and in baskeball the superstars get a ton of leeway in regards to fouls and traveling... that's just the way it is.

Vick is just mad that he isn't considered at the same level as Brady or Manning.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Sep 26, 2011 at 6:46 AM ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
No, you are off there, if they are going to protect any qbs, they should protect them all.

except matt hasselbeck
I think we have a good chance. Even with Vick in, Philly's offense was beginning to struggle. And despite the hype, their defense is struggling as well, currently allowing the 24th most points allowed per game. Conversely, our D is ranked 4th in scoring defense. If we can keep the score low, say under 20 points, and clean up the sloppy play, we stand a good chance of winning this game.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
No, you are off there, if they are going to protect any qbs, they should protect them all.

Actually, that's what I'm trying to say. It's should be fair and equal protection.

But the reality of it is different. Why is Alex allowed to get earholed while he's going down with no penalty? Why is Vick getting the crap kicked out of him?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
<blockquote class="quote">
Quote:
Report: Vick will miss 3-4 weeks
Posted by Mike Florio on September 26, 2011, 7:16 AM EDT

Getty ImagesLast night, Eagles quarterback Mike Vick put the officials on notice that he has concerns about their failure to throw flags when he's hit illegally. The men in white and black may have a month or so to get their act together. Howard Eskin of NBC 10 reports that Vick will miss 3-4 weeks with that broken right (non-throwing) hand he suffered in Sunday's loss to the Giants. The Eagles have three games before their bye week. They host the 49ers before traveling to Buffalo and Washington. If Eskin, who serves as the sideline reporter for the Eagles' radio broadcast, is accurate, the 1-2 Eagles will need to rely on Mike Kafka or Vince Young at least those three games. Eskin also reports that receiver Jeremy Maclin could miss next weekend's game with a hamstring strain.

I got no sympathy for.him, Smith took a helmet to helmet hit from Nate yesterday and.there was no flag. We have been getting the s**t end of the stick on penalty calls this year...f**kin crappy officials.
The defense is allowed to hit him in the helmet if he is running the ball, and past the line of scrimmage.

Really? I thought helmet to helmet was illegal across the board.

No, it's not, if a QB is running the ball past the line of scrimmage, he's considered a running back, the only time running backs and receivers are protected by helmet to helmet is if they are in a "unprotected" status (going for the ball, etc.) It's a legal hit to hit a running back and go helmet to helmet.
Originally posted by kray28:
Actually, that's what I'm trying to say. It's should be fair and equal protection.

But the reality of it is different. Why is Alex allowed to get earholed while he's going down with no penalty? Why is Vick getting the crap kicked out of him?

i feel with Mike Vick out 3 to 4 weeks we got a good chance to beat philly next week if we play defense like we did in cincinati we can win the addition of fs goldson and cb spencer with whitner n rogers playing better each week we have top defense against run if we can tighten up our pass defense we can win football games like ravens did 13-8 we got hosed on michael crabtree td but i was happy we got vernon davis involved this week only 2 catches vs cowgirls 8 catches for 114yrds this week Alex needs to stop holding ball so long he took six sacks against bengals it will be double that vs philly if he dont see the blitz hit
the hot reads our offensive line has played bad last two weeks but some of it is alex fault as well if the send 6 or 7 on the blitz we dont have enough blockers to pick that up get rid of the ballthrow it away avoid negative play or hit hot read with so many people blitzing the coverage cannot be good
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Vick is getting hit legally, these aren't late hits he's receiving, he's just complaining because he's made of glass and doesn't want to get hit at all.

Actually the hit I saw was:

1. Late
2. To the facemask

The rules are rules
He should have gotten flagged for the facemask hit, but he was legally able to hit vick because he didn't take more than one step after vick threw the ball.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Vick is getting hit legally, these aren't late hits he's receiving, he's just complaining because he's made of glass and doesn't want to get hit at all.

Actually the hit I saw was:

1. Late
2. To the facemask

The rules are rules.

He should have been flagged for the hit to the facemask, but he was legally able to hit vick because he didn't take more than one step after vick threw the ball before he hit him. That's the rule on roughing the passer, if the rushing defender takes more than one step after the QB throws the ball