There are 145 users in the forums

If we win next week @Philly, would you consider us legit contenders?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If we win next week @Philly, would you consider us legit contenders?

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Yep. Absolutely. We're already easily the best team in the West.
Contenders for the division? Hell yes, win or lose I think the division is ours this year.

For a Superbowl, no. We have to get a LOT better on offense before we can make a statement like that.
no, hell no, fukc no, not even close to yes and that would be negative
good step forward,chance for the division,but contender, no. imo at the start of the season i thought philly was the most overrated team in the nfl. m. vick is still m. vick last year was an anomaly. would it increase my optimism for 2013, hell yeah
  • Antix
  • Veteran
No, but I would be very impressed if we won.

Two road victories in a row? Who knows when that's happened last and I don't give a damn how banged up their team is that would be an impressive victory.

That said, we will lose.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I guess none of you overly optimistic types noticed out offense is #32 in total yards a game? This team will contend for a .500 record at best.
To show all you homers how sad this team really is this team will lose to a potential backup quarterback, no macklin, a pourous run defense and a crap oline. Yep I'd say we get skunked on Sunday.
I voted yes. If we win we would be legit contenders to win the NFC West. The Super Bowl? No, I don't think so.
Bwah! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! Legit pretenders for sure!
I would love to win this game no mayter who is on the field. A win is a win, when we list to packers in playoffs wit grbac! That is all that mattered wad the L. There is no asteric of young was out with broken ribs. The eagles are still a good team. We cant underestimate them nor can we underestimate ourselves! We cann win the west, but id eather take the one game at a time approach. Every week we add a lil more to our playbook and any given sunday we can win. And we will win some games this yr! Harbaugh will have us ready for sunday. Im sure he has some plays just case we get in a shoot out as well. Hope snyder takes rg spot, that or chilo figures his s**t out. We should be able to run against the eagles. But we are gonna have to mix it up wit creative play calling. Phillys dc is new to defensive coaching so we should be ok!

Philly just announced Vick is health-wise okay to go against SF and that he does not have a fractured hand. If Vick is old-form, Philly's dream team should annihilate SF. We're just not quite good enough to compete at this time.
Legit contenders for what? The Division? Absolutely. A Super Bowl run? Hell no.
i love all the pessimists. alex smith feeds on your tears
Originally posted by Niner_F8ful:
Philly just announced Vick is health-wise okay to go against SF and that he does not have a fractured hand. If Vick is old-form, Philly's dream team should annihilate SF. We're just not quite good enough to compete at this time.

dream team my ass
I wouldn't consider us contenders even if we won the superbowl...
Share 49ersWebzone