There are 273 users in the forums

If we win next week @Philly, would you consider us legit contenders?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If we win next week @Philly, would you consider us legit contenders?

A contender to win the NFC West with a winning record and get a playoff berth, maybe.

But if you define a contender as someone who goes into every week expecting to win, than no. I will still look at our schedule and see expected losses.
No. All we can be hopeful is that things may start lining up for us with these QB injuries and inexperienced QB's we are facing. And good things begin happening when things start lining up in our favor.
Same as the Cowboy game, if we win it will be the eagles lost, not the 49ers won.
If by contender, you mean going to the play-offs then yes. That would make us 3-1. Now how well we'll do after that? I couldn't tell you.
Akers, our best player, is gonna have a huge game
No, because phillis isn't a contender IMO. Weak oline, gimick QB, underperforming Defense.
Of course we'd be contenders if we can pull out the Philly game. Two road wins in a row and one against the preseason fav to win it all. We will get better as the season goes on so if we can start 3-1 we have a really good shot at winning the division. Just look at the Seachickens last year, they get in with a crap record and go on to beat the mighty Saints. Anything can happen if we make the playoffs and I really think by the end of the season we are gonna be on a roll, pending better oline play.
One thing is for sure; 2 non-division wins on the road is HUGE for any team in the NFC West.
yes, for the NFC West which isn't saying much
Contenders to win the division, but anything else nope.

• Garce
  • Veteran
fno
The Eagles will likely be without Vick and Maclin. We SHOULD win this game. But it still won't mean we're legit contenders. Packers, Saints, Falcons, Lions, Bucs, Bears, Cowboys, Giants ... each of these teams is better than the 49ers. But getting to 3-1 would be huge because 8 or 9 wins takes our division.
Originally posted by Garcia:
fno

I believe we'll sweep the NFCW and get a playoff berth. But that's it. The Packers will repeat as champions.
Originally posted by Texas9erFan:
I believe we'll sweep the NFCW and get a playoff berth. But that's it. The Packers will repeat as champions.

I really want to disagree with this, but.
Share 49ersWebzone