LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 365 users in the forums

Countdown to History: Frank Gore earns 49ers franchise record at 10:51 of the 2nd quarter

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Your crazy

Single season rankings

#1 - Rushing Yards
#2 - Rushing TD's
#1 - Yards per Carry

In 10 of the 49ers best rushing performances in a Season, Frank is mentioned in 3. Hearst 2, Garner 2, Craig 1.

#1 - Career Yards per game

And if you think Frank Gore has a fumbling problem, get this, Joe Perry holds the franchise record for most fumbles in a career with 60... Frank Gore is ranked #11 with 28

Almost incomprehensible that he could run for such a high average when dealing with such a horrible offense most of his career. Craig had to "deal" with the most explosive offense of all-time.

He would have 200 yards if he played the 4th quarter.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Your crazy

Single season rankings

#1 - Rushing Yards
#2 - Rushing TD's
#1 - Yards per Carry

In 10 of the 49ers best rushing performances in a Season, Frank is mentioned in 3. Hearst 2, Garner 2, Craig 1.

#1 - Career Yards per game

And if you think Frank Gore has a fumbling problem, get this, Joe Perry holds the franchise record for most fumbles in a career with 60... Frank Gore is ranked #11 with 28

Almost incomprehensible that he could run for such a high average when dealing with such a horrible offense most of his career. Craig had to "deal" with the most explosive offense of all-time.

I loved Craig but I agree he had the benefit of a great passing offense , and outstanding OL , His coach didn't telegraph the runs like the morons Gore has dealt with , and teams never stacked the box like they have during Gores tenure , the guy has been unreal.

I love what Gore has accomplished considering everything he has dealt with so far in his carreer , and damn I really want to see him get a ring soon with Harbaugh.
Helly yeah cant wait til gore owns this record! Total class act, one helluva player and niner. A true warrior for yrs has been our only bright spot on offense. Would be nice for his record setting yr to make the playoffs and have a true bonified winning record. 8-8 well not losing but aint winning neither. Its a tie!
Goniners this is gores year. As gore goes so do our niners. #1 back in niner history! Lacked the offensive talent craig hearst watters etc. Which is a true testament to the player gore is and what he means to our beloved organisation
Originally posted by Paul:
Originally posted by taney71:
I think the top 49er RBs go as follows (corrected):

1) Craig
2) Gore
3) Hearst
4) Perry
5) McElhenny
6) R. Waters
7) W. Tyler
8) J. Cason

I wouldn't put Gore in the top 5 at all...he's been good but not that good, Perry was a RB ahead of his time. Personally for me it would be Hearst, but I never really saw Craig play

I have to disagree. Gore is top 3 easy. Perry is a legend.
Cool thread. Please keep it updated after every game.

I can't wait to see him break it. I will attend the Dec 4th game.

Go Gore, Go Niners!
We are all forgetting two studs from Florida State.......Dexter Carter and Amp Lee. I believe we spent 1st round picks on both of these guys :(

Originally posted by Paul:
I think the top 49er RBs go as follows (corrected):

1) Craig
2) Gore
3) Hearst
4) Perry
5) McElhenny
6) R. Waters
7) W. Tyler
8) J. Cason

I wouldn't put Gore in the top 5 at all...he's been good but not that good, Perry was a RB ahead of his time. Personally for me it would be Hearst, but I never really saw Craig play

I have to disagree. Gore is top 3 easy. Perry is a legend.

I know you should look at the full body of work but Super Bowls still are a big factor to me so i would keep Gore in the top 5 but move some of those rings up.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
I love Frank to death, but where would you put Craig on the all time best 49er RB list?

Craig was a great Niner, very versatile, and won rings, but lets face it; he had better coaching, better players around him than Frank plus he was never the number 1 option on the team. He only had 3 1,000 yard rushing season. Frank had 3 by his 4th season. Frank is number 1. Craig #2

http://njsportsaddict.blogspot.com/
[ Edited by 49ersfansince90 on Oct 12, 2011 at 7:06 AM ]
Franks will break this milestone this sunday

Originally posted by frozen49er:
I love Frank to death, but where would you put Craig on the all time best 49er RB list?

Right between Gore and Hearst for me.
Originally posted by Niners6262:
We are all forgetting two studs from Florida State.......Dexter Carter and Amp Lee. I believe we spent 1st round picks on both of these guys :(

Amp was a 2nd round pick, but you are correct about Carter.
....and BTW, as much as I like Frank, I think Craig was the best Niner RB.
According to this website below Joe Perry had 8,689 yards as a Niner.
Roger Craig had 7,064 yards.
Gore is 200 yards behind Craig. I may be wrong but that's where I follow Gores stats.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/career-rushing.htm
[ Edited by tidissis08 on Oct 12, 2011 at 9:30 AM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tidissis08:
According to this website below Joe Perry had 8,689 yards as a Niner.
Roger Craig had 7,064 yards.
Gore is 200 yards behind Craig. I may be wrong but that's where I follow Gores stats.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/career-rushing.htm

The NFL doesnt count the stats before the niners joined... PFR is where its at though.
Share 49ersWebzone