There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Countdown to History: Frank Gore earns 49ers franchise record at 10:51 of the 2nd quarter

I have been a big supporter of gore and I really hope he breaks the record because he deserves it. But today's game shows that he lost a step and doesn't have the explosiveness anymore. Plus, with hunter breathing behind his neck, he could very well lose carries each week of the season.
Not against a box 8 he won't . Never. Unless coach JH goes to quick hitters, splits everybody wide. When we go tight formation, it ALWAYS gets stuffed. We did win but man was it ever boring and bad football.
oh god make it stop this is going in only one directon.
won't break, lol
Did everybody miss the info that came out about Gore hurting his ankle, today?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
won't break, lol

didn't laugh, lol
All Time Rushing Leader:

Joe Perry - 8,689 yards - Link
Frank Gore - 6,562 yards - Link

He is 2127 yards short. In 3 games he has 148 yards (49.3 yd/game). If (and that's a big if) he can keep that pace for the entire season that would be 641 more yards:

That would be 7351 yards.

If his decreasing yards/season trend continues:

2009: 1,120 yd
2010: 853 yd
2011: ~789 yd

His estimated yards would be:

2012: ~ 700 yd
2013: ~ 600 yd

At this point he would have: 8651 yd (38 yd shy of Joe Perry's mark)

More than likely, he will get cut or have a serious injury that will prevent him from attaining those numbers. Plus in 2012 he will be 30, which we all know is the proverbial 'wall' for RBs.
Originally posted by backontop:
won't break, lol

didn't laugh, lol

don't care, lol
Bad extension, lol
Not unless the OL begins to play like pros instead of HS kids...

Gore showed a few flashes today before he tweaked his ankle. I don't think he is washed up yet but he did looked frustrated in the second half today.
He would have to carry the ball over 370 times this season to do it.
won't break, lol

didn't laugh, lol

don't care, lol
Originally posted by susweel:
Bad extension, lol
lol
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Not against a box 8 he won't . Never. Unless coach JH goes to quick hitters, splits everybody wide. When we go tight formation, it ALWAYS gets stuffed. We did win but man was it ever boring and bad football.

This sums it up. Unfortunately, he does not seem to have the faith in Alex to do this. So that leaves us with...

...more bad, boring football.

Yay.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
It's not the 8 man box it's him not having the quickness he used to.Hunter had the same line.I'm not saying to bench Gore or have him not start but I think Hunter needs to see alot more touches.What's wrong with a 1-2 running back punch?
won't break, lol

didn't laugh, lol

don't care, lol

didn't run, lol