LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Completely new Staff & Playbook. No offseason. Same terrible QB....and yet...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Alex won this game for the team. I don't know how anyone can complain about his performance today. He is lucky to be in one piece after the OL performance.

any thoughts on a possible reshuffling of the OL?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Alex won this game for the team. I don't know how anyone can complain about his performance today. He is lucky to be in one piece after the OL performance.

wow....so last week, the defense "lost" the game for us...even though in the second half, they got a couple of stops...where as Alex and company were 0-6 on 3rd conversions...

and this week, even though Alex and company still had trouble converting 1st downs and scoring TDs.......Alex "won the game for the team"....even though the defense held the Bengals to 6pts.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
again, would Alex put up those numbers with that team...since you know... THEY ARE MUCH BETTER THAN US RIGHT???

look you can discredit Gore's performance this year, but he is not getting help from Alex keeping the defense on their heels....they are stacking the box and run blitzing almost every play.....if Alex would stop "checking down", and hit more players deep like he did with Vernon earlier....well, Gore might have alittle more room to run.

but don't get me wrong, I'd prefer him sharing playing time with Hunter and Dixon....and I wouldn't mind Hunter just starting outright. But I'm not going to ignore teams not respecting our passing game knowing they can just run blitz and still be able to tackle said players after a checkdown.

also Alex was playing the same when he had Braylon, Vernon, Gore....three probowlers.

look if Alex can't play well behind this line, put someone else in there who will get rid of the ball quicker.

Did you ever stop to think that alex is throwing all these checkdowns because his deep routs...arent open? what a freakin concept.
I would say that the defense did their job today.

Smith, Davis did their jobs as well.

The OL did their best to f**k it all up.
Harbaugh is a "play not to lose" coach.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
im finding that out. hoping he will break that habit soon.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by whatawegot:
We are one of the worst teams in the league. We suck and the homer zoners need to wake up. We barely beat this pathetic bengals team. Nice to know that when we sell out our stadium half the fans that show up are from the other team. Watch the raider game today. 62,000 insane fans. All wearing black. You didnt dare wear green in that stadium today. You'd be run out of the stadium. We are pathetic as a fan base, our owners suck and our players are average at best. We will get pancaked next week against a motivated eagles team, with or without Vick. A one handed Vick is better than a 2 handed Alex smith

alex has better stats better passer rating and a better qbr and led team to a better record

I want you to repeat that in 3 weeks after superior opponents then I will give you credit.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I would say that the defense did their job today.

Smith, Davis did their jobs as well.

The OL did their best to f**k it all up.

• Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by whatawegot:
We are one of the worst teams in the league. We suck and the homer zoners need to wake up. We barely beat this pathetic bengals team. Nice to know that when we sell out our stadium half the fans that show up are from the other team. Watch the raider game today. 62,000 insane fans. All wearing black. You didnt dare wear green in that stadium today. You'd be run out of the stadium. We are pathetic as a fan base, our owners suck and our players are average at best. We will get pancaked next week against a motivated eagles team, with or without Vick. A one handed Vick is better than a 2 handed Alex smith

Then go buy some green and root for the Eagles.
Drama Queens running rampant in the zone...

You punks sound like a bunch of fat old british women hissing about their husbands being more interested in playing golf than being with them.

There was a time I was proud to be a 9er fan and it was fun.

Now....it's getting really lousy to be associated with this whiny fan base.
Originally posted by THEB:
You must not watch much football.

We are BY FAR not the worse team in the league.

We have s**tty fans because of fans like you who boo when the team is doing perfectly fine and get loud on offense.
Makes me sad when I hear the boos...what a crappy way to 'support' the team.

After hearing all that cheering for the damn Cowboys last week, makes me wonder how many of those Dallas 'fans' were fair weather Niner fans.

Pathetic.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Drama Queens running rampant in the zone...

Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

because he is going to rebuild this team the next couple years, hes taking a cautious approach. Not to mention with this oline, i'd be scared to put my qb back there and just wing it out. Then again, smith did have 30 pass attempts. This team will stomp on the throat of an opponent by the end of the year.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

because he is going to rebuild this team the next couple years, hes taking a cautious approach. Not to mention with this oline, i'd be scared to put my qb back there and just wing it out. Then again, smith did have 30 pass attempts. This team will stomp on the throat of an opponent by the end of the year.
Smith's pass attempts has increased with every game this season as well as his yardage increasing as well.
Share 49ersWebzone