LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Possibly the most unsatisfying win ever....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I'm satisfied and it feels so good.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by rk1642:
Who thought with the lock out we were gonna be lights out to start the season? I mean really? We are 2-1 and could have been 3-0 with a new coaching staff that had very limited time to even get to know our players. Players getting used to the new system and coaching staff with no OTA's but you guys thought we were gonna just come out and look like the Packers or Patriots? Please, give the new staff and system time to develope and be happy that we are winning, even if its ugly.

Logic alert!

Right on. I will continue to when we pick up wins on the road and 10am pst and where we manage to finish the game and the defense has a great game. I gotta say 2-1 feels much better than 0-3 which is still fresh in the old memory banks.
Seriously 13-8 on the road on an early start. i'll take that in a heartbeat
The pessimism on this board astounds me. Last year, there were no "gimme" games. We lost against friggin' Carolina with Matt Moore carving us up. KC slaughtered us. This year, we're BY FAR a step up with Harbaugh as our coach. We've won the games we should've won. While not pretty, that's what you get without a training camp and several key players injured or holding out (Gore, Crabtree, Goldson, Spencer).

We have the #1 running defense in the NFL. Satisfied?

People were calling for the head of our collective secondary. Well, they came out today and held one of the most promising rookie QBs in the NFL to, what, a measly 157 yards, and forced two INTS, with Reggie Smith atoning for his previous sins. Satisfied?

On the other side of the ball, our offense has been sputtering, so Harbaugh came in with a plan to get an apparently unsatisfied VD more involved in the action. Accomplished. Gore hasn't been cutting it, well...Harbaugh had the sack to ante up and to use the rookie to light a spark. Accomplished.

Our special teams has been, well, amazingly special through three games.

We aren't the Colts or Pats from the past few years, so we SHOULDN'T be utterly destroying the competition, say, 35 - 13 every single game. Come on, guys and gals. A bit of optimism here. For the first time in a long time, I'm feeling a real sense of confidence that we can and WILL complete each and every week unlike under previous regimes. Whether Vick plays or not next week, I look for our 49ers to play an intense, competitive game next week. By no means am I expecting a win versus a very talent-laden Eagles team, but we'll hang in there and play out our game plan. Here's to first place, Forty-Niners Faithful!

Shanghai'D
[ Edited by Shanghai69er on Sep 26, 2011 at 5:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:
The pessimism on this board astounds me. Last year, there were no "gimme" games. We lost against friggin' Carolina with Matt Moore carving us up. KC slaughtered us. This year, we're BY FAR a step up with Harbaugh as our coach. We've won the games we should've won. While not pretty, that's what you get without a training camp and several key players injured or holding out (Gore, Crabtree, Goldson, Spencer). We have the #1 running defense in the NFL. Satisfied? People were calling for the head of our collective secondary. Well, they came out today and held one of the most promising rookie QBs in the NFL to, what, a measly 170 yards, and forced two INTS, with Reggie Smith atoning for his previous sins. Satisfied? On the other side of the ball, our offense has been sputtering, so Harbaugh came in with a plan to get an apparently unsatisfied VD more involved in the action. Accomplished. Gore hasn't been cutting it, well...Harbaugh had the sack to ante up and to use the rookie to light a spark. Accomplished. Our special teams has been, well, amazingly special through three games. We aren't the Colts or Pats from the past few years, so we SHOULDN'T be utterly destroying the competition, say, 35 - 13 every single game. Come on, guys and gals. A bit of optimism here. For the first time in a long time, I'm feeling a real sense of confidence that we can and WILL complete each and every week unlike under previous regimes. Whether Vick plays or not next week, I look for our 49ers to play an intense, competitive game next week. By no means am I expecting a win versus a very talent-laden Eagles team, but we'll hang in there and play out our game plan. Here's to first place, Forty-Niners Faithful!

Shanghai'D

Once you learn how to paragraph sh*t damn the rest of the zone will have to watch the f**k out!
I feel you dog. Something about the game just doesn't satisfy much at all. A win, is a win and all, but man...........style points -22 If I didn't know better I might even go so far as to think, so what? Geeeezzz wots the Niners comin to. League don't care much either, hard to come by any news except for the Zone and local papers/blogs, a telling sign fer sure..

OK then, 2-1 with a beatable Eagles team up next. I say if Vick plays, rip his hand off... NINERS!!!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Sep 26, 2011 at 2:55 AM ]
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:
The pessimism on this board astounds me. Last year, there were no "gimme" games. We lost against friggin' Carolina with Matt Moore carving us up. KC slaughtered us. This year, we're BY FAR a step up with Harbaugh as our coach. We've won the games we should've won. While not pretty, that's what you get without a training camp and several key players injured or holding out (Gore, Crabtree, Goldson, Spencer). We have the #1 running defense in the NFL. Satisfied? People were calling for the head of our collective secondary. Well, they came out today and held one of the most promising rookie QBs in the NFL to, what, a measly 170 yards, and forced two INTS, with Reggie Smith atoning for his previous sins. Satisfied? On the other side of the ball, our offense has been sputtering, so Harbaugh came in with a plan to get an apparently unsatisfied VD more involved in the action. Accomplished. Gore hasn't been cutting it, well...Harbaugh had the sack to ante up and to use the rookie to light a spark. Accomplished. Our special teams has been, well, amazingly special through three games. We aren't the Colts or Pats from the past few years, so we SHOULDN'T be utterly destroying the competition, say, 35 - 13 every single game. Come on, guys and gals. A bit of optimism here. For the first time in a long time, I'm feeling a real sense of confidence that we can and WILL complete each and every week unlike under previous regimes. Whether Vick plays or not next week, I look for our 49ers to play an intense, competitive game next week. By no means am I expecting a win versus a very talent-laden Eagles team, but we'll hang in there and play out our game plan. Here's to first place, Forty-Niners Faithful!

Shanghai'D

I agree with everything you said, except the stuff about shutting down Dalton. I take no pride in the fact that we held a rookie to 170yds and 2 INTs. That is something we should do to a rookie. Promising or not, he is still a rookie and we were the first team to "introduce" him to the NFL.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
2-1 and in sole possession of 1st place and we won a 10am PST start. Deal with it

this
seriously a dumb thread this team is 2-1 it feels good to me. keep on getting wins 49ers.

Crybabies, here is a little 49er napkin to wipe away your tender little tears. Once they're gone you might see that we're 2-1 and in 1st place.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
2-1 and in sole possession of 1st place and we won a 10am PST start. Deal with it

this

This

It was ugly for sure, but not unsatisfying.

Some good things from today . . .

- It became clear to me today that Smith can be better than just serviceable in this offense if he can get some pass protection.
- Crabtree looked strong to me considering his limited practice time. Can't wait to get Braylon back.
- Hunter earned some more playing time which will both motivate Gore and save his legs.
- The defensive back end played their best game. Big plays were limited, Green was held down and Carlos Rogers actually showed some ball skills.
- And the obvious one that it was an east coast road win. It was only Cincy, but it's a start.

We're still not taken seriously nationally and rightly so. We could make some noise by taking one of these next three against legit NFC playoff contenders before the bye. It's the next step . . . but it's never gonna happen if the o-line doesn't get their game together.

I'm excited for Philly !!!!
It was not a wonderfully artistic game but it got the job done. In the NFL I will take any win I can get. Now we only need 7 more of them.
Lets not forget overcoming the fumble in our own redzone. Our past teams would never have done that, at that point it would have been over, but the D did there job and the offense bounced back. That is actually a pretty good sign.
Share 49ersWebzone