LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Possibly the most unsatisfying win ever....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rk1642:
Who thought with the lock out we were gonna be lights out to start the season? I mean really? We are 2-1 and could have been 3-0 with a new coaching staff that had very limited time to even get to know our players. Players getting used to the new system and coaching staff with no OTA's but you guys thought we were gonna just come out and look like the Packers or Patriots? Please, give the new staff and system time to develope and be happy that we are winning, even if its ugly.

Logic alert!
I feel really disgusted after today's game; I don't know whether it's because we should have lost this game (by how horrible the offensive play-calling/execution was), or that we should have beat the f**king Cowboys last week, possibly sitting on 3-0 right now.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Who thought with the lock out we were gonna be lights out to start the season? I mean really? We are 2-1 and could have been 3-0 with a new coaching staff that had very limited time to even get to know our players. Players getting used to the new system and coaching staff with no OTA's but you guys thought we were gonna just come out and look like the Packers or Patriots? Please, give the new staff and system time to develope and be happy that we are winning, even if its ugly.

Yes, it was a good win, its always a good win when my niners win. However, what we're seeing right now is exactly what we've seen for the past 7 years except now we don't have a running game. We've also seen these great starts in the beginning of the season, and because we were so blinded by the early success, we seemed to ignore the glaring problems on this team...and there are many.
How you gonna feel when we go 15-1. huh boy
The 1st half was not very fun but I disagree that the game was the most unsatisfying win ever. We won a 10am road game ppl. That's different than before. Alex made some pretty damn decent throws today and is still standing. Gore and the O-line are hot garbage right now. True Smith and his relentless check downs and holding onto the ball too long aren't doing them any favors but they sure as hell aren't doing their job either. Not even close. It's a pretty effed up situation. One of these entities needs to step up and Hunter finally kind of did today. I don't think it's gonna be Alex. He baggage.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
alex sucks
gore is done
braylon is out
oline is horrendous back to the '04 & '05 seasons

it is what it is
True, but VD is still awesome when given the chance and we may have found the heir apparent at RB with Kendall Hunter. Plus Carlos Rogers looks good and PWilly is on fire as always. Also, Soap seems to have stepped in well at NT, Haralson is playing better than before, and Justin Smith is solid as always. ST is playing great as a unit as well. So there is some silver lining to all of this. Agree with all your points though, and I would add that our pass defense sucks.
Originally posted by taney71:
In three games Alex Smith hasn't played like he sucks. Heck, in his entire career you might say he is average or below average if you want but clearly he is an NFL caliber QB in some capacity and doesn't "suck".

"in some capacity?" isn't that standard really low??
Originally posted by DONBIS:
How you gonna feel when we go 15-1. huh boy

Originally posted by jays9ers:
A win is a win and I'll take them whatever way we can get them.. But jeez louise... That game was about as entertaining as watching paint dry. It's like we have a combination of Nowin, Singlecell, combined as a head coach with a touch more brain power. I'm not trying to bash Harbaugh because he's put us posistions to win every game so far. But the O-line has regressed and the offense looks just as bad as it has the past 2 seasons. Smith looks like a decent number 2 qb at best. I'm just wondering when exactly we're suppose to "come together".... Week 12 we should be on fire..

This is about as the most unsatisfying post I have ever seen.... Its Obvious that coach H is exponentially better than any coach we have had since Marriochi..... Listen "you play to win the game" I can give a damn if we win boring or exciting, as long as a "W" is in the column after a game I can care less. Would we love look like NE doing it scoring 100 points a game and giving up 92 point hell yes! But guess what my friend? Our D was solid, and our offense look well less that par but guess what? The O looked better last week vs a better D and we Lost. Soooooo I will say that this feeling vs a sub par team feels better than a Loss with a better performance vs a better team. This my friends, is something you can be confident about. Listen to this, we can actually no win not playing our best football!!! This excites me beyond anything, we are getting better week by week. If you cant respect that my friend you perspective is wack....... #justsaying

Great game, enjoying the Development of a young team, young coach, Gelling making something special.... O BTW and a top 5 Defense
We've started off 2-0 before and saw the same comments we're seeing in this thread right now.

If we hold every qb to 100 yards passing then this style will get results otherwise I strongly suggest that we step up a notch or suffer the same fate that we've seen for years. Eagles, Buccaneers, Lions. The season is about to start to pickup now.

Just one season ago, we were 0-5. We are now 2-1 and yet people are still complaining. Those who were expecting an complete offensive transformation need to check their expectations.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
make it stop.

/end thread
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I thought it was a good overall result. The team was playing its first roady of the season, the team has stunk on EST road games, and it was Harbaugh's first roady. Good result. Another ugly win, that would be two now, but you take any road game you can.

I thought the team was solid in all units except for the OL.

I would take heitman with the neck injury at this point
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Logic alert!

Right on. I will continue to when we pick up wins on the road and 10am pst and where we manage to finish the game and the defense has a great game. I gotta say 2-1 feels much better than 0-3 which is still fresh in the old memory banks.
Share 49ersWebzone