There are 412 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Possibly the most unsatisfying win ever....

A win is a win and I'll take them whatever way we can get them.. But jeez louise... That game was about as entertaining as watching paint dry. It's like we have a combination of Nowin, Singlecell, combined as a head coach with a touch more brain power. I'm not trying to bash Harbaugh because he's put us posistions to win every game so far. But the O-line has regressed and the offense looks just as bad as it has the past 2 seasons. Smith looks like a decent number 2 qb at best. I'm just wondering when exactly we're suppose to "come together".... Week 12 we should be on fire..
Originally posted by jays9ers:
A win is a win and I'll take them whatever way we can get them.. But jeez louise... That game was about as entertaining as watching paint dry. It's like we have a combination of Nowin, Singlecell, combined as a head coach with a touch more brain power. I'm not trying to bash Harbaugh because he's put us posistions to win every game so far. But the O-line has regressed and the offense looks just as bad as it has the past 2 seasons. Smith looks like a decent number 2 qb at best. I'm just wondering when exactly we're suppose to "come together".... Week 12 we should be on fire..

After realizing it was a road win I will take it and I am pretty happy about the win.
You get a free cookie. What flavor?
I don't like how we looked on O either, but I really can't complain about a road win at 10 am.
alex sucks
gore is done
braylon is out
oline is horrendous back to the '04 & '05 seasons

it is what it is
2-1 and we're in first place, im just glad my work week isn't gonna suck.
2-1 and in sole possession of 1st place and we won a 10am PST start. Deal with it
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
alex sucks
gore is done
braylon is out
oline is horrendous back to the '04 & '05 seasons

it is what it is

In three games Alex Smith hasn't played like he sucks. Heck, in his entire career you might say he is average or below average if you want but clearly he is an NFL caliber QB in some capacity and doesn't "suck".
  • Adman
  • Veteran
This is like the 2006 season? we started out with a bunch of wins but they were close games where our offense was putrid. We knew sooner or later if our offense didnt pick up we would be screwed. and eventually that is exactly what happened.

If this offense doesnt start moving the chains and scoring this team is in for a longggg season!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
2-1 and in sole possession of 1st place and we won a 10am PST start. Deal with it

Like I said, I'm thankful for a W.. Wins are not easy in the NFL but if we don't step up our offensive game we're gonna get smaked around the next couple of games. Time to start playing like we actually belong in the league..
Originally posted by Adman:
This is like the 2006 season? we started out with a bunch of wins but they were close games where our offense was putrid. We knew sooner or later if our offense didnt pick up we would be screwed. and eventually that is exactly what happened.

If this offense doesnt start moving the chains and scoring this team is in for a longggg season!
Originally posted by taney71:
In three games Alex Smith hasn't played like he sucks. Heck, in his entire career you might say he is average or below average if you want but clearly he is an NFL caliber QB in some capacity and doesn't "suck".

Dude. We have like 4 road wins out of division or conference or something since Jeff Garcia played for us. This was a good win. It's non division and non conference. If we can get 6 in the West. Then we just need to hold firm vs. the browns and that's 8. Maybe Philly gifts us a game next week and maybe we get to 9? Don't forget what division we play in. Any win outside the division is big.
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by jays9ers:

After realizing it was a road win I will take it and I am pretty happy about the win.

I will agree that it probably set the record for boredom in the first half -- but that 90-yard clock-killer drive in the 4th quarter was a thing of beauty and made up for it somewhat.

We're 2-1. It's all that matters. 2-1 is so much better than 0-3 or 1-2.