LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

eagles game could redeem or end gores career

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fauquierob:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Big break for NIners. Mike Kafka could start. Vick may by out with a broken hand.

Until proven otherwise, we have a bad habit of making stinky QB's look like Pro-Bowlers.

Vick broke his non-throwing hand. Still, one can only hope...

Dude again, people come in with the history of years before.
When THIS year have we made stinky QBs look good?

1. Tavaris, didnt look good.
2. Kitna, looked terrible
3. Dalton is a good rookie qb. so there really is no Number 3.

People said we have bad habits of losing at 10AM on the road, we just broke the habit from the first away game this season. People said we have a bad habit of making half time adjustments, we've done that and resulted in points.
Im tired of this b******t about habits of last year, we are a new team.
Last year we started 0-3, right now were 2-1 so everyone just shut up.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Gore actually may not play.

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers RB Frank Gore was held to just 42 yards on 17 carries in Week 3 at Cincinnati. He also lost a fumble in the game. Though he led the team in rushing, it was his second consecutive game with fewer than 50 yards of offense. After the game, Gore told reporters that he played hurt in the second half after tweaking his right ankle. He said he did not know yet if he would be able to play in Week 4 against the Eagles.
(Updated 09/25/2011).

I'd buy the injury as a reason for Gore's poor second half performance if Gore wasn't as equally ineffective in the first half.
Gore pass blocked poorly in the second half, imho. I would like to see more Hunter and less Gore next week.
I want to see the Gore run more with 3 WR sets on the field. This puts the defense in their nickel package and could open up the runs between the tackles. We run with such tight splits/formations it makes it tough for Gore to find any room to run inside.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Originally posted by fauquierob:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Big break for NIners. Mike Kafka could start. Vick may by out with a broken hand.

Until proven otherwise, we have a bad habit of making stinky QB's look like Pro-Bowlers.

Vick broke his non-throwing hand. Still, one can only hope...

People said we have bad habits of losing at 10AM on the road, we just broke the habit from the first away game this season. People said we have a bad habit of making half time adjustments, we've done that and resulted in points.

Your right!!!!! I don't live in the past!
He had a terrible game. And the worse part was how he gave up on the block. After the fumble it was apparent he wasn't in the game at all. The blocking is still the issue. Minus 2 runs Hunter got stuffed at the line just like Gore was. The o line has to block better. Gore needs to respond and step it up.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
"Sky is falling" post, IMO.

Something needs to change with Frank Gore and the rushing offense, but I think it's too premature to say that Frank's career is over. I think though, defenses have really figured out Gore and his running style. He also only brings the inside running to the table, so they can really key in on the style and the types of plays. More Kendall Hunter is needed, I think.

Agree. Hunter needs to be in the game more often and maybe even with Gore a few times too
It'll be interesting to see who starts next week. Gore's lack of effort on the pass block was very disheartening.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:

Look here, pal. Nothing I said was inflammatory, insulting, or otherwise untrue. So ya might want to climb down off that ledge you're standing on and relax a little bit. You don't know me from Adam, so you should consider your words a little more carefully..."shut up?". Really?

I have been a diehard fan since the late seventies. I watched the good, the bad, and the ugly but I never have nor will I ever waver on this team. I have DECADES of really good memories and consider myself lucky to be a fan. Losing doesn't sit well with me, but I'm not going to have a stroke over it when and if it happens. My post was really nothing more than a little bit of levity...the "until proven otherwise" was the qualifier. I didn't say the defense sucked; I didn't say the team sucked. I didn't flame any players. Not only am I aware that we are 2-1 and on top of our division, I'm eccastic about it.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but face it this team does not yet cause fear in their opponents and it has been years since they have. Pardon me for bringing up some history, but there was a time when this team would take the field and the other teams were quaking in their cleats. I am hoping beyond hope that Harbaugh can bring some of that back, just like I was hoping Singletary and Nolan would. Remember them? They are the main reason the fans have become so jaded. You may want to ignore the past, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. And just because you read way too much into my wiseass remark, that doesn't make it "bulls***"
Hmmm remember this?

OP, this thread is ridiculous. Gore is still the bell cow and we al know it. He'll show you that he earned the contract.
Originally posted by jaycokes:
OP, this thread is ridiculous. Gore is still the bell cow and we al know it. He'll show you that he earned the contract.

By holding out again?
Start Gore but give heavy doses of Hunter.
i dont if gores careers over.
Share 49ersWebzone