LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

eagles game could redeem or end gores career

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Big break for NIners. Mike Kafka could start. Vick may by out with a broken hand.

Until proven otherwise, we have a bad habit of making stinky QB's look like Pro-Bowlers.

Vick broke his non-throwing hand. Still, one can only hope...
Originally posted by gold49digger:
the eagles have a good defense but they have a mediocre run D. If gore cant get going, its time for hunter and dixon to start getting in more

They'll devise a scheme based on every one else's ability to make our O-line continue looking like the Diaper Pail Kids.
These days teams need 2 quality RBs anyway. I'm really glad Hunter got some work and looked really good. Gore didn't look right today, he had a couple of nice runs but a sup par day all around rushing, receiving and pass protection IMO. I look for the team to start playing Hunter a little more, I'd love to see a 60/40 split
And Alex's inability to avoid the other teams defense when it is practically blasting past our line and into his lap before he has hit his third step.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Canadian49er:

i'd smash

id still smang n smash
Big break for NIners. Mike Kafka could start. Vick may by out with a broken hand.

Kafka will probably do what Kolb did to us last year. We'll make him famous and help the Eagles get 1st or 2nd round pick offers for him.
Originally posted by jones49:

Kafka will probably do what Kolb did to us last year. We'll make him famous and help the Eagles get 1st or 2nd round pick offers for him.

Maybe, maybe not. I would much rather face Kafka than Vick anyday. Not to mention, it will be easier to defend against LaSean McCoy and the Eagles running game if they have Kafka behind center.
The Niner offense picked it up the moment Hunter came into the game in the 2nd half. Even Gore played better after that ( a little bit).
1) Hunter
2) Gore

This is the lineup going forward. There is no explosion left with that guy. He gets tackled by the first guy on every play.
  • kray28
  • Veteran

If Vick can't go, they're going to go with Vince Young I would think.

Originally posted by kray28:

If Vick can't go, they're going to go with Vince Young I would think.

hes injured
Originally posted by jones49:

lol, so true.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
The Niner offense picked it up the moment Hunter came into the game in the 2nd half. Even Gore played better after that ( a little bit).

I would say the offence opening it up is what caused the defence to be less aggresive thus Hunter looking better.
Gore actually may not play.

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers RB Frank Gore was held to just 42 yards on 17 carries in Week 3 at Cincinnati. He also lost a fumble in the game. Though he led the team in rushing, it was his second consecutive game with fewer than 50 yards of offense. After the game, Gore told reporters that he played hurt in the second half after tweaking his right ankle. He said he did not know yet if he would be able to play in Week 4 against the Eagles.
(Updated 09/25/2011).
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) Hunter
2) Gore

This is the lineup going forward. There is no explosion left with that guy. He gets tackled by the first guy on every play.

The only issue with Hunter is that he can't pass block that well. I do however want to see a whole lot more of Hunter on the field. Gore just isn't getting it done.
Share 49ersWebzone