LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Attack Nate Clements!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Chico:
Ok, knowing what we've ALL known for the past few years, if this coaching staff doesn't go after NC, they should be fired! We ALL know how NC was great against the run and good in short yardage situations, but he lacks speed and ALWAYS got burned on the deep route. Alex, Ginn & Juice, Crabby Patty, Morgan, Kyle and any other receiver we have with at least a 5.5, 40 yard dash should be able to skip past NC!

Attack him or BEAT the coaching staff with a broom!

Ok, knowing what we've ALL known for the past few years, if this coaching staff doesn't go after NC, they should be fired! We ALL know how NC was great against the run and good in short yardage situations, but he lacks speed and ALWAYS got burned on the deep route. Alex, Ginn & Juice, Crabby Patty, Morgan, Kyle and any other receiver we have with at least a 5.5, 40 yard dash should be able to skip past NC!

A 5.5 40 aint running past nobody dude. lol. that siad you need time to throw it deep and we have had pass protection problems, Braylon is out and who knows what we will get with Crabtree. While I agree that we need to stretch the field against this secondary, I think we will be throwing more short to intermediate routes and running the ball.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
If Smith is smart he pump fakes all day towards Clements side & finds a wide open receiver all day

I can honestly say, I have probably seen smith pump fake less than 10 times in 7 years. (IMO) ANd this year he doesn't even have time to pump fake.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Just have Alex throw him the ball on 3rd & long. That way he can fumble it back to us for a fresh set of downs.

This one got me laughing..
I expect Nate to have a big day against Alex Smith! He's had to sit back and watch this clown flounder around for a few year while suffering in silence like all of the other 9ers have had to do over the years. If Smith does his normal thing (dump here, dump there) Manny and Nate are both gonna have 3 pick days!

Dirty
if we run an out with a hard pump fake and then have the receiver turn upfield we will get to watch nate chase another receiver to the endzone...AGAIN
Just have Alex throw him the ball on 3rd & long. That way he can fumble it back to us for a fresh set of downs.

this
Lol attack him with what??? No Edwards. Crabtree will play sparringly.
Clements is better than any CB we have on the field right now, and Leon Hall is better than him. I wish we could swap corners.
It would be sweet for us to have a big day against Nate, but I expect him to really step it up today.

For sure. If no 1st down completion is there... just chuck it to Nate.

We'll get it back.

• Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by E-49er:

A 5.5 40 aint running past nobody dude. lol. that siad you need time to throw it deep and we have had pass protection problems, Braylon is out and who knows what we will get with Crabtree. While I agree that we need to stretch the field against this secondary, I think we will be throwing more short to intermediate routes and running the ball.

5.5, 40 - it's called sarcasm dooood!
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by susweel:
I have a good feeling that Alex will victimize Nate on a deep ball. He knows his tendencies to try to jump at least one route.

This stuff works two ways
True!

Receiver runs the out... Alex "pumps" the fake pass...Nate takes a big bite...Alex hits the receiver on the fly... Nate left with that stupid " WTF HAPPENED " look on his face that we have seen so many times in the past. TOUCHDOWN 49ERS!
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
Lol attack him with what??? No Edwards. Crabtree will play sparringly.

Ted Ginn is way faster than anyone on the bengals period. He can run a post rout on clements (or anyone on the bengals) all day and be wide open. Vernon is a power house. I see him running a lot of slants into the middle and forcing some RAC yards. Gore is a run AND pass threat. We have other weapons than edwards.
They need to attack all former Niners on that team....
The only time Clements got burned was against FAST WR's. Besides Ginn, who can't run a route worth s**t, we don't have one.
Share 49ersWebzone