LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

Should we trade Vernon Davis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we trade Vernon Davis?

Originally posted by susweel:
Yah man I understand their frustrations of having to play with a QB who wont throw it when he is supposed to.

Any wr complaining on this team should be shot.

They drop as many balls as any group in the NFL.

Not one of them (except Williams, who needs to strart) can beat his man off the line on a consistant basis. Some of our wr's can't even find the dam ball in the air!! but they have the balls to complain?

How about getting open after about 10 seconds, while your qb is running for his life on the last play of the game instead of running out of bounds!

Unbelievable
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Did anyone else see VD being held back by Shawntae Spencer before halftime? Dude was f**king pissed and looked like he was about to give somebody an ear full...

He could have been pissed at a ref, a cardinal, etc...lets not speculate...
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by danimal:
Never ever ever ever draft a TE that high. Ever.

That's what I said in 06' and all that has happened in the last 5 years just validates it.

There's only 1 reallistic pick you could justify over Vernon Davis. Hali Ngata.

The Vernon selection is hardly the reason why we've struggled for years.

Before the draft. I wanted Ngata and then later in the 1st Marcedes Lewis. Of course the Vernon draft is not THE reason, just another one of many bad picks

That's what I said in 06' and all that has happened in the last 5 years just validates it.

Before the draft. I wanted Ngata and then later in the 1st Marcedes Lewis. Of course the Vernon draft is not THE reason, just another one of many bad picks

I thought you said you wanted Cutler, I think you say you wanted whoever the current player that is playing better is
Originally posted by valrod33:

I thought you said you wanted Cutler, I think you say you wanted whoever the current player that is playing better is

No.

In March of 2005 I wanted to pass on both Rodgers and Smith, and wait for next year to draft a QB. In March of 2005 I was anticipating these QB's in this order...Cutler, Leinart and Young.

Since we drafted Alex Smith in 2005, come March of 2006 I obviously adjusted. Based on our needs as of March 2006 I wantede Ngata and Marcedes. In fact I don't ever really want any TE in the 1st round at all, but I did want Alex to have a security blanket so I was willing to use the late 1st rounder on Marcedes.

To get even more technical, I probably would have wanted a LT in the 1st round of 2006 but we signed Jonas Jennings already...BTW I was in the vast minority who knew that was a bad signing too.

BTW, why would you accuse me of lying when I ALWAYS admitted to not wanting Rodgers or Smith and in fact wanting Smith a bit more over Rodgers.

Cutler and Marcedes are nothing to write home about it either, but here i admit wanting to draft them.
My main point is I think there are certain rules to drafting.
1. Don't draft a Franchise QB just because you need one
2. Certain positions should never be drafted high, TE is one of them

there is obviously many others
Originally posted by SportsFan:
WTF.

Every player we have is over-rated according to people on this board. Whether it be Gore, Wills, Justin Smith, VD. s**t, I am just waiting for the Andy Lee is an average punter thread.

Usually it is the best players on this team that gets threads about people wanting to trade them away. Usually it is not suggested how the team will improve by trading for something specific, but just a trade to get the player off the team. Like this thread.

No.

In March of 2005 I wanted to pass on both Rodgers and Smith, and wait for next year to draft a QB. In March of 2005 I was anticipating these QB's in this order...Cutler, Leinart and Young.

Since we drafted Alex Smith in 2005, come March of 2006 I obviously adjusted. Based on our needs as of March 2006 I wantede Ngata and Marcedes. In fact I don't ever really want any TE in the 1st round at all, but I did want Alex to have a security blanket so I was willing to use the late 1st rounder on Marcedes.

To get even more technical, I probably would have wanted a LT in the 1st round of 2006 but we signed Jonas Jennings already...BTW I was in the vast minority who knew that was a bad signing too.

BTW, why would you accuse me of lying when I ALWAYS admitted to not wanting Rodgers or Smith and in fact wanting Smith a bit more over Rodgers.

Cutler and Marcedes are nothing to write home about it either, but here i admit wanting to draft them.

Cuz I remember you saying you wanted Cutler and Mark Sanchez
My main point is I think there are certain rules to drafting.
1. Don't draft a Franchise QB just because you need one
2. Certain positions should never be drafted high, TE is one of them

there is obviously many others

And Guards should not be drafted high. Look at Bill Walsh's book on drafting. I want to puke everytime someone mentions drafting decastro from Stanford.

No.

Cuz I remember you saying you wanted Cutler and Mark Sanchez

I did.

Again.

In March of 2005 I wanted to WAIT for Jay Cutler, once that did not happened I did not want to draft him anyway. Even though I never liked Alex Smith I did not want to give up on him in 2006.

I wanted to give up on Alex Smith the year that Cutler was available for trade, and Mark Sanchez was available for draft...2009 I think.

So I wanted Cutler in 2005 and 2009 but not in 2006, in 06 I wanted Ngata

• okdkid
  • Veteran
What the hell is going on in here?!
Stop hitting the panic button after a loss. We played like crap and still almost won. Oh and we didn't have our best defensive player!!! Relax guys
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rk1642:
Yah man I understand their frustrations of having to play with a QB who wont throw it when he is supposed to.

Not one of them (except Williams, who needs to strart) can beat his man off the line on a consistant basis. Some of our wr's can't even find the dam ball in the air!! but they have the balls to complain?

How about getting open after about 10 seconds, while your qb is running for his life on the last play of the game instead of running out of bounds!

Unbelievable

17 passing yrds in the second half vs AZ, yea lets blame the WR's.....
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by rk1642:

Unbelievable

17 passing yrds in the second half vs AZ, yea lets blame the WR's.....

well, there were only 17 receiving yards in the second half too, y'know.
Originally posted by Num1player16:
Stop hitting the panic button after a loss. We played like crap and still almost won. Oh and we didn't have our best defensive player!!! Relax guys

To realize certain players are just not that good is not hitting the panic button. BTW, Vernon Davis has been a part of many many Niner losses in case you missed it
Share 49ersWebzone