LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Should we trade Vernon Davis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we trade Vernon Davis?

i would trade him for a franchise QB.

otherwise, he's one of the best at his position, an all around stud, and seemingly a great--great--teammate. i'm glad he's a Niner.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
What would his trade value be ?
Did anyone else see VD being held back by Shawntae Spencer before halftime? Dude was f**king pissed and looked like he was about to give somebody an ear full...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Did anyone else see VD being held back by Shawntae Spencer before halftime? Dude was f**king pissed and looked like he was about to give somebody an ear full...

Yah I saw that.
Originally posted by susweel:

Yah I saw that.

What was it about?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Yah I saw that.

What was it about?

I think he was mad at not getting the ball. Probably was open or something but the QB didnt throw it.
Susweel, I was worried it was something like that...it doesn't help that after the game Crabs was annoyed and basically said there were lots of open receivers out there who didn't get the ball...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Susweel, I was worried it was something like that...it doesn't help that after the game Crabs was annoyed and basically said there were lots of open receivers out there who didn't get the ball...

Yah man I understand their frustrations of having to play with a QB who wont throw it when he is supposed to.

Alex knew that if he threw the ball to them that they would just drop it......

Yah man I understand their frustrations of having to play with a QB who wont throw it when he is supposed to.

Yup playing with a QB who doesn't get the ball out on time or accurate is frustrating.

Watching it sure is. Seven years, same s**t minus the boneheaded turnovers which killed games.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 12, 2011 at 10:47 AM ]

These receivers shouldnt be mad at anyone but the offensive line. The QB should be too. 20 sacks in 3 games is deplorable. Even when the receivers or tight ends are open, it's not going to matter if the QB has to escape the pocket and cut off the field before he can plant his back foot.

Are there better QBs out there? Yes.

Are there worse QBs out there? Yes.

Are there better O lines out there? Yes

Are there worse O lines out there? Maybe
Never ever ever ever draft a TE that high. Ever.

That's what I said in 06' and all that has happened in the last 5 years just validates it.
Originally posted by danimal:
Never ever ever ever draft a TE that high. Ever.

That's what I said in 06' and all that has happened in the last 5 years just validates it.

There's only 1 reallistic pick you could justify over Vernon Davis. Hali Ngata.

The Vernon selection is hardly the reason why we've struggled for years.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
hey cool...my thread is still a burning topic in 49er land!

Love VD but still too many drops, and doesn't utilize his speed, strength as a receiver. He needs to punish DB's and make them pay for even think about tackling him!
Originally posted by SK49R:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
WTF.

Every player we have is over-rated according to people on this board. Whether it be Gore, Wills, Justin Smith, VD. s**t, I am just waiting for the Andy Lee is an average punter thread.

never! Andy Lee can do no wrong. I'd trade Patrick Willis before trading Andy Lee.

Clearly Andy Lee should be our Qb as well, did you see that tight spirl, epic talent when he touches a football.
Share 49ersWebzone