LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

QB Situation for 2012

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by susweel:
You must be a big fan of game manager type of QBs, personally I want a super star type of player.

Hey but whatever floats your boat.

Yeah man, those are really simple to find. We don't even know how good Smith can be yet, and neither do you Sus.

Dude this is it, its year 7 we already know. There is no magic pill with this dude he has peaked.
Dude this is it, its year 7 we already know. There is no magic pill with this dude he has peaked.

I would almost agree, but he has looked different under harbaughs direction. That is the only reason why I am being more patient with him.

Different meaning
- Making better reads than before.
- No longer throwing high, using more touch on his throws
- Using his athletic ability finally
- Is actually sensing pressure and not holding the ball as long as before (not completely fixed)
-Using some audibles

Lots of work still needed though.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

I would almost agree, but he has looked different under harbaughs direction. That is the only reason why I am being more patient with him.

Different meaning
- Is actually sensing pressure and not holding the ball as long as before (not completely fixed)
-Using some audibles

I agree he has improved to a good game manager just a not a QB that can take over a game and win it for you.
I agree he has improved to a good game manager just a not a QB that can take over a game and win it for you.

Ah, gotcha.. No argument there yet.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Different meaning
-Using some audibles

How can you tell? He's done well with the opportunities he's been given... Not to say that he wouldn't fold if he was given more...but I don't know that and neither do you. With the progress his game has made, if you judge him by past performance, you're using a bias that, while reasonable, is likely to be inaccurate.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jakemall:
How can you tell? He's done well with the opportunities he's been given... Not to say that he wouldn't fold if he was given more...but I don't know that and neither do you. With the progress his game has made, if you judge him by past performance, you're using a bias that, while reasonable, is likely to be inaccurate.

You have to judge him on past performance those will always be on his resume. So far he has done nothing to erase those doubts.

You have to judge him on past performance those will always be on his resume. So far he has done nothing to erase those doubts.

Erase no...but the last two games have certainly given enough to question...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

No not at all, a 150 yards passing does nothing to question anything.

yeah but what would alex smith have to do to warrant a contract extension? he's basically have to be comeback player of the year, push for a pro-bowl spot, and for sure make the playoffs.

he could turn it around, but smith's a slow learner so i don't see all of that happening. i don't see him next here next year. (but baalke has done things that made me go before)
You must be a big fan of game manager type of QBs, personally I want a super star type of player.

Yeah man, those are really simple to find. We don't even know how good Smith can be yet, and neither do you Sus.

Dude you do not know, you are just guessing like everyone else and being the negative type you are you are guessing the worst. Smith has gotten at least a little better every single year he has played without a broken throwing shoulder, and has looked even better through two games this season. I don't know what his ceiling is and neither do you or anyone else.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Anyone but f**king Colin Kaepernick to start. Sooner or later we will need a top QB and Colin just isnt ever going to be that QB.

Fixed.

, lmao, u got that one off, Big K!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dude you do not know, you are just guessing like everyone else and being the negative type you are you are guessing the worst. Smith has gotten at least a little better every single year he has played without a broken throwing shoulder, and has looked even better through two games this season. I don't know what his ceiling is and neither do you or anyone else.

I know things you dont.

I know things you dont.

Please do tell o great negative pole of the webzone.
sign anyone but smith
I'm very pleased with Alex's play. You can't put anything on him. When he's given the opportunity, has has delivered this season.

If you mean by game manager, completing close to 70% of passes and being directly responcible for over 65% of the total offense...yes, I'd love one.

1- You are dreaming if you think Alex will complete 70% of his passes all season.

2- Id love to see the %s of the total offense for all other starting QBs in the NFL. Id love to see how Alex measures up.

3- If you are happy with Alex as our quarterback, I am happy for you. I am sorry for having higher standards and expectations.
Share 49ersWebzone