LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Anyone else more worried about this game than you were about Dallas last week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
Before the season started I would have said I wouldnt' have looked twice at this game on the schedule, but I was excited about and happy for Harbaugh at the time. I lost more faith in him last game than I probably did over a whole season of either Nolan or Sing. I absolutely abhor his conservatism and our offense is, sadly, a very disturbing thing to watch. I'm willing to be more patient and allow the players time to learn the system (blah blah) but looking at other teams around the league who aren't looking half as putrid and who, like us, lacked continuity going into the season, it is hard to feel great about a HC brought in specifically to improve the offense. Alex Smith is better than he probably has ever been, but he's still the reason our offense will never be much more than moderately productive--and we're FAR from that point right now. Just watch Andy Dalton this week, he'll look better than Smith.

Bottom line, how can anyone be confident going in any game this season other than the Seahawks, as they are the only team worse than us on offense. (and we'll probably lose in Quest like always).
In theory we should dominate Cinci, but the idiotic coaching I watched last game makes me think our talent means diddly squat until either Smith gets injured/benched, Harbaugh grows a pair and/or gets a brain, or both. I'll gladly take my words back if Harbaugh can fix this sooner than later--I do still like the guy--but it really needs to happen this week and no later. No mulligans after that. It's the week after that might be plain ugly if we don't fix this now.

It'd be a shame if these years of having a damn good defense go to waste.
Our "damn good defense" never seems to be able to protect a lead. I'm a lot more worried about our running game(off. line), and our defensive secondary collapsing again, than I am about our QB or "idiotic coaching".
[ Edited by Tombo on Sep 22, 2011 at 11:13 PM ]
In the word of Vic Fangio, "no."
Share 49ersWebzone