LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Anyone else more worried about this game than you were about Dallas last week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How can some of these fools even consider themselves Niner fans? I live 3000 miles away and show more support and loyalty to this team than a lot of these zone jokers. Even if you don't agree with some playcallin,coaching moves, roster moves, etc. I don't believe there's any sense in always expecting the worst. If anyone disgrees, then go watch some damn volleyball with the rest of the women.....GO NINERS!!!!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
yes!

the 49ers are 4-36 on the road in non-division games since '03.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Not at all.
not worried, lol
Every year we play a game against a goodteam and we lose in the last seconds like we did last week (Atlanta '10, Vikings '09) and then begins are annual 5-6 game losing streak. This game is the most important game before the bye week because we have to get some momentum going or we're done for.
who says we're not supportive?? I still cheer my ass off. You guys are making it seem like being a fan means you have to just close your eyes and pretend everything is all good.
I refuse to be threatened by the Bengals of all teams. Shaun Hill beat them a few years ago when their team was actually decent. Road game or not, we're going to kill them. JINX
i recall a VERY similar thread last year right before we played the Panthers. So don't act like this s**t doesn't happen..
yeah, cause if they don't win this game there is a good chance they could end up 1-5 going into the bye. Detroit and Philly are flat out better teams and TB is a really tough game.
I'm nervous about it cause I see it as a MUST WIN game for us. To be competetive later in the season we need to be 3-3 (or at least 2-4) at the bye. This is the weakest team we will face until then.... so we've got to pull out a W.

I'm encouraged by the fact that we have improved from week to week so far (even though we lost to Dallas). Our O looked better against a solid Dallas front 7 than it did against Seattle. I think our O will tear it up in Cincy. The question is how will our defense perform. With a solid pass rush, we win this one!

Originally posted by Jakemall:
If we lose, I'll start worrying.

This. I expect a win.
I think it might be time to change strategies. We continually shut down the run but get burned in the passing game. I am not worried about the run game. Might be time to focus on the passing game. I am more worried about Green, Greisham, (shipley out helps) then Benson. Hopefully we aren't so conservative and play not to lose the game. We should go after Dalton early and often.
Before the season started I would have said I wouldnt' have looked twice at this game on the schedule, but I was excited about and happy for Harbaugh at the time. I lost more faith in him last game than I probably did over a whole season of either Nolan or Sing. I absolutely abhor his conservatism and our offense is, sadly, a very disturbing thing to watch. I'm willing to be more patient and allow the players time to learn the system (blah blah) but looking at other teams around the league who aren't looking half as putrid and who, like us, lacked continuity going into the season, it is hard to feel great about a HC brought in specifically to improve the offense. Alex Smith is better than he probably has ever been, but he's still the reason our offense will never be much more than moderately productive--and we're FAR from that point right now. Just watch Andy Dalton this week, he'll look better than Smith.

Bottom line, how can anyone be confident going in any game this season other than the Seahawks, as they are the only team worse than us on offense. (and we'll probably lose in Quest like always).
In theory we should dominate Cinci, but the idiotic coaching I watched last game makes me think our talent means diddly squat until either Smith gets injured/benched, Harbaugh grows a pair and/or gets a brain, or both. I'll gladly take my words back if Harbaugh can fix this sooner than later--I do still like the guy--but it really needs to happen this week and no later. No mulligans after that. It's the week after that might be plain ugly if we don't fix this now.

It'd be a shame if these years of having a damn good defense go to waste.
[ Edited by BayAreaNinersFan on Sep 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM ]
Originally posted by CripplinYaStyle:
So your stating Bengals are a better team then the 49ers? Not mention and considering the fact the Broncos (THE BRONCOS)!!!! just beat them, your crazy dude. This is a easy win, shut down Benson on the ground with our #1 rated rush D, and confuse/hit Dalton allday like we did to Romo, Dalton is not as tough or smart as Romo. Anybody thinking we are losing YOUR S T U P I D!!

Actually that would be "You're stupid". If you are going to accuse someone of being stupid, you should at least make sure you don't make yourself look that way in the process.
It's in the bag, TO isn't playing for them.

Share 49ersWebzone