There are 177 users in the forums

After 2 games, what are you pleased with or encouraged by so far?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

After 2 games, what are you pleased with or encouraged by so far?

RayMac= Beast!!
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by frankie:
The team has been playing fairly well in the new system! Improvement is needed, without a doubt but this week we will see that next step! Sunday just cant come no quicker.
Goniners

i agree with this i think we shall see improvements week by week

but remember WCO offense usually take the elite step and are fully mastered after a year

but i am very encouraged with where our offense is heading i only wish that we would play the 2nd half (playcalling wise) we would in the 1st half

Well said man, this is gonna be an interesting season, the progression and growth into the wco! Get gore rolling, and let alex continue his efficient passing wit some longer throws. We have a very potentially dangerous team but no one wants potential we want actions!
Goniners here we come cinci

If it takes a year for the team to take the next step that means that Alex will be back next year

And if he continues to play like he has been, then everyone should welcome him.
Yeah id have to say Alex and the offense. Especially being that he doesnt have two of his healthy starting WR's and has produced 2 passing Td's, 1 rushing Td, and only 1 int. Give me his two main weapons in CRabs and Edwards, and the o-line to hold consistently, and this offense should really start making some noise.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
3rd down conversions and we're spreading the ball to receivers. at least we aren't boring anymore
Alex Smith has made a couple of nice throws. The o line is giving him enough time to throw the ball. The play of the defense.
Though underwhelming...there is a lack of offensive mistakes...picks, fumbles. Thats a good sign, Of course im still not exited at all about watching them run on 3rd and long, few risks down the field...but a 3 and out looks much better than a pick or a fumble lost
Originally posted by Chief:
I'm not disappointed at all. It is week 3 and we are 1-1 like I thought we would be. Our offense is a work in progress like any smart person would of figured. Our defense is exactly what I thought it would be. I guess the only disappointment for me at this point is lack of production from Frank Gore, but I believe that changes this week.

Agreed!
Special Teams. Andy Lee is in beast mode. I'd rock his jersey.
we have a win
Originally posted by 1swift:
Though underwhelming...there is a lack of offensive mistakes...picks, fumbles. Thats a good sign, Of course im still not exited at all about watching them run on 3rd and long, few risks down the field...but a 3 and out looks much better than a pick or a fumble lost

Yup. We're +4 in turnover ratio. That's 3rd in the league so far. If we keep that up we'll be fine.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Sep 24, 2011 at 7:55 AM ]

29th in passing yards- 128.0
26th in rushing yards- 79.5

25th opposing passing yards- 291.0

whats there to be happy about?
Our offense is taking lumps and our secondary is inconsistent, both things I expected.

I am pleased with our offense. While we do not have tons of yards, it is FARRRRRRRRRRRR more creative than the last 3-5 years. You can really see something building here. We will be adding bits and pieces each week. Our second half offense needs to improve. I would imagine our numbers are terrible in the second half of the first two games. I guess when playing with a lead, that is to be expected.

I am pleased with our run defense. I was unsure how the DL shuffling and losing Manny would affect the running game, but it has not missed a step. Howevver, the jury is still out since we have not faced a true elite RB (Lynch and Jones are just above average, in my book). I want to see how they do against Benson, McCoy, and Blount the next few weeks.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Our offense is taking lumps and our secondary is inconsistent, both things I expected.

I am pleased with our offense. While we do not have tons of yards, it is FARRRRRRRRRRRR more creative than the last 3-5 years. You can really see something building here. We will be adding bits and pieces each week. Our second half offense needs to improve. I would imagine our numbers are terrible in the second half of the first two games. I guess when playing with a lead, that is to be expected.

I am pleased with our run defense. I was unsure how the DL shuffling and losing Manny would affect the running game, but it has not missed a step. Howevver, the jury is still out since we have not faced a true elite RB (Lynch and Jones are just above average, in my book). I want to see how they do against Benson, McCoy, and Blount the next few weeks.

yeah adding bits and pieces the past 10 years....
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
29th in passing yards- 128.0
26th in rushing yards- 79.5

25th opposing passing yards- 291.0

whats there to be happy about?
total points: 9th overall

defense: were bringing back our normal FS (williams gave up 2 TDs to austin last game)
spencer is coming back our normal #2 CB will replace terrel brown who has been picked on a lot (but is a great #3 CB)
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Chief:
I'm not disappointed at all. It is week 3 and we are 1-1 like I thought we would be. Our offense is a work in progress like any smart person would of figured. Our defense is exactly what I thought it would be. I guess the only disappointment for me at this point is lack of production from Frank Gore, but I believe that changes this week.

this

Agree. I really hope to see some encouraging steps by this team over the next few weeks
Share 49ersWebzone