LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

After 2 games, what are you pleased with or encouraged by so far?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

After 2 games, what are you pleased with or encouraged by so far?

• Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Andy Lee

this. Andy Lee is a fkn beast!

HOF, HOF, HOF!!!
I would have to say the fan participation....
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Title changed lol.

The team has been playing fairly well in the new system! Improvement is needed, without a doubt but this week we will see that next step! Sunday just cant come no quicker.
Goniners
Originally posted by frankie:
The team has been playing fairly well in the new system! Improvement is needed, without a doubt but this week we will see that next step! Sunday just cant come no quicker.
Goniners

i agree with this i think we shall see improvements week by week

but remember WCO offense usually take the elite step and are fully mastered after a year

but i am very encouraged with where our offense is heading i only wish that we would play the 2nd half (playcalling wise) we would in the 1st half
Harbaugh and Ted Ginn.
I'm encouraged that we aren't winless
I don't expect the niners to make it to the playoffs this year because of not having ota's to learn the new offence or know what type of players he has for that game plan to work. Alex dose look good but the o-line needs to get better. I see changes coming for the o-line in the off season!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
David Akers, thank god we went after him. Its just good to see no drop off in our kicking department.
not 0-2

Originally posted by Ninefan56:
The bright spot is that our run defense is still holding up even with Franklin gone. Our front Dline is good, and our LBs are good. Now it is clear that our backfield is a problem.

Alex Smith has been holding up and we put some points on the Cowboys. We have been competitive in each game and we had a chance to win each game. So that should keep us in most every game.

Less foolish mistakes and better coaching all around.

Special teams is playing well, front part of the defense is playing well. Offense is growing and still sputtering but I at least can see signs of productivity. So I am encouraged.

My favorite part of the off season is what we did with the defense. We not only replaced one-dimensional players with pass rushers, but our run defense is just as good, if not better without Abray"who?" Franklin.
Bowman is a beast, McDonald should have been starting for years, Soap and RJF are effective at nose, and Aldon will eventually play full time. Our pass rush is definitely something to be excited about.

Alex Smith is the best he's ever been, and the offense is beginning to figure some things out.

The only thing I dislike so far is that we still have a "play not-to-lose" mentality. But we'll see how it goes. Just like every week, next week will reveal a lot.
+4 Turnover differential. If that trend continues we'll be the division champs.
Progress from week to week, in week 1 we had trouble scoring TD's which conservative playcalling had something to do with, but week 2 I was surprised to see Alex throw that fade route to Williams right on the money and was kind of let off his leash a bit overall. I expect some more improvement this week against the bungles as well. Hopefully with Spencer back and Goldson in the mix our secondary will improve as well.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Goniners

but remember WCO offense usually take the elite step and are fully mastered after a year

but i am very encouraged with where our offense is heading i only wish that we would play the 2nd half (playcalling wise) we would in the 1st half

Well said man, this is gonna be an interesting season, the progression and growth into the wco! Get gore rolling, and let alex continue his efficient passing wit some longer throws. We have a very potentially dangerous team but no one wants potential we want actions!
Goniners here we come cinci
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Goniners

Well said man, this is gonna be an interesting season, the progression and growth into the wco! Get gore rolling, and let alex continue his efficient passing wit some longer throws. We have a very potentially dangerous team but no one wants potential we want actions!
Goniners here we come cinci

If it takes a year for the team to take the next step that means that Alex will be back next year
Share 49ersWebzone