LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Alex suffered a concussion during the cowboys game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Can you imagine if They had to actually take Alex out there. If we were already playing harbaltary football, imagine if Kap had come in. We would have only thrown 1 pass all 2nd half.

its almost the same as having less than 150 passing yrds in one game....

Except with CK, half his passes would probably get picked off or he'd hold the ball too long and fumble.

ih you havent heard it doesnt matter how many points you put up only thing that matters is how many yards we have
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Can you imagine if They had to actually take Alex out there. If we were already playing harbaltary football, imagine if Kap had come in. We would have only thrown 1 pass all 2nd half.

Except with CK, half his passes would probably get picked off or he'd hold the ball too long and fumble.

ih you havent heard it doesnt matter how many points you put up only thing that matters is how many yards we have

*facepalm*

Yes, points obviously are the most important (if you havent noticed, our offense doesnt score that many of them....in spite of the baseless statistics you post).

Just so you know, yards DO matter. (gives the defense a rest, gives the other team worse field position, etc)

I forget -- we should clearly be making non-stop calls to Miami for Henne.
Oline is definitely gonna have to protect better or we are going to be seeing the rookies sooner rather than later.
I once flew a twin engine plane over the Gulf of Mexico with a concussion. Not impressed.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I once flew a twin engine plane over the Gulf of Mexico with a concussion. Not impressed.

you just reminded me why im terrified of flying
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
*facepalm*

Yes, points obviously are the most important (if you havent noticed, our offense doesnt score that many of them....in spite of the baseless statistics you post).

Just so you know, yards DO matter. (gives the defense a rest, gives the other team worse field position, etc)

Last I checked, our team is in the Top 10 of the NFL (tied for 9th) in scoring.

"But we had return TDs!" - Okay, let's look at other teams in the top ten that had defensive or ST scoring.

4) Packers - Kick return TD
5) Saints - Punt return TD
6) Eagles - Fumble recovered for TD
7) Jets - Punt block for TD, a safety against JAX, and an INT returned to the 1 against JAX.

9) Texans - Punt return TD
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 22, 2011 at 8:52 PM ]
meh, it's no punctured lung.

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
meh, it's no punctured lung.

There is no way in hell Romo had a fractured rib and a punctured lung. It would have been incredibly painful to even breathe let alone move from the fractured rib then you add in the fact that it becomes extremely difficult to breathe from a punctured lung. I call BS!!!!! He's just trying to salvage his choke artist reputation.
Originally posted by backontop:
There is no way in hell Romo had a fractured rib and a punctured lung. It would have been incredibly painful to even breathe let alone move from the fractured rib then you add in the fact that it becomes extremely difficult to breathe from a punctured lung. I call BS!!!!! He's just trying to salvage his choke artist reputation.

I totally agree you, along with the bogus neutral zone penalty on Brooks. Seems to me like the Cowboys were set up to win in comeback fashion with Romo heroically winning the game. +1 for America's Team. Then again, where have these refs been in the post season?

*facepalm*

"But we had return TDs!" - Okay, let's look at other teams in the top ten that had defensive or ST scoring.

7) Jets - Punt block for TD, a safety against JAX, and an INT returned to the 1 against JAX.

Im not sure what your point is by posting those other teams. We have scored an average of 2 offensive touchdowns a game. Thats not going to cut it.

considering we lost i guess Alex dindt score enough points or throw enough yds.
Im not sure what your point is by posting those other teams. We have scored an average of 2 offensive touchdowns a game. Thats not going to cut it.

The fact of the matter is the 49ers offense generated enough yardage to score 43 points (including the kicking game). That wasn't bad.
Originally posted by taney71:
He's a tough kid. I don't think even the most faithful Smith hater would question that.
This. I respect Alex Smith for being a team player. He never blamed any teammates or coaches during the roughest times of his career even when he had the fullest right to do so.
*facepalm*

The idea is to knock out anyone trying to debase our scoring by talking about FGs or STs touchdowns, because many other teams have had very similar outputs.

But the bigger thing is, it's been two games, only two games. Way too small of a sample size and way too early to be panicking. We can revisit the issue going into the bye and see where we're at, but after week two is just far too soon.
Share 49ersWebzone