LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Edwards out indefinitely after knee surgery

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by VDSF:
We pretty much just wasted this signing, No doubt in my mind he wont return back for us next year

Well, I think you will be proved wrong.

When they say 2 to 3 weeks, does that mean he will be healed in that time or he will be healed, have had enough practice, and game ready?

not a waste of signing. He was signed to produce this year. Will be out a few weeks. His base pay is like $1.5 Mill. Bargain this year. Who knows if he comes back next year at this point.
He'll be back after the bye
We pretty much just wasted this signing, No doubt in my mind he wont return back for us next year

Yup. Harbaugh shouldn't have let him injure himself.

I think he'll be back after the bye. That will give him five weeks to get back to 100%. In the meantime hopefully the offense will come into its own and be ready for Braylon to make his return at home against Cleveland.
It's now time for teh kyle williams show, just wait to see the play he wil make. (since crabtree won't)

Sometime after the Bye and in time for the majority of our divisional games I suspect you'll be eating crow for your "wasted signing statement". IMVHO.
If we are going to be a successful offense this year, we will need a healthy Braylon Edwards. He is the only real threat we have on the outside at WR and his presence in the red zone has already been shown. I do think Braylon Edwards will be a big factor for this team later in the year.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
If we are going to be a successful offense this year, we will need a healthy Braylon Edwards. He is the only real threat we have on the outside at WR and his presence in the red zone has already been shown. I do think Braylon Edwards will be a big factor for this team later in the year.

We don't know what we have in Ginn, and Kyle williams, if they are on the field consistently. Ginn for the most part last year and this year was on the field for a small percentage of plays. If Ginn/Williams get a chance to be in more, maybe they can show they can make plays. (this is all IMO not my stats/facts)
  • dj43

Agree 100%.

In the meantime, we need to develop Crabtree and see what Kyle Williams can do.

We know what Morgan can do from the past three years. Let's hope with an offense that opens up the passing game he can do more.

We also know a good bit about Ginn and it does not look promising. He is still bobbling passes he should hold. He does not run patterns correctly (NOTE: the two times he did not run deep enough to get a first down against Dallas). He is valuable as a returner but his value as a receiver is limited.

Injuries are part of the game and the winning teams develop depth, so while the 49ers have been limited by the lockout, they also need to learn what these other receivers can do. They MUST have a reliable deep threat if they are to have any kind of a consistent passing game. WCO, is many things and one of them is the threat of going deep. Without that, it becomes a great deal easier to shut it down as Dallas proved.
  • dj43
double post
[ Edited by dj43 on Sep 22, 2011 at 10:26 AM ]
  • dj43
wow a triple post...
[ Edited by dj43 on Sep 22, 2011 at 10:26 AM ]

Originally posted by dj43:

Agree 100%.

We know what Morgan can do from the past three years. Let's hope with an offense that opens up the passing game he can do more.

We also know a good bit about Ginn and it does not look promising. He is still bobbling passes he should hold. He does not run patterns correctly (NOTE: the two times he did not run deep enough to get a first down against Dallas). He is valuable as a returner but his value as a receiver is limited.

Injuries are part of the game and the winning teams develop depth, so while the 49ers have been limited by the lockout, they also need to learn what these other receivers can do. They MUST have a reliable deep threat if they are to have any kind of a consistent passing game. WCO, is many things and one of them is the threat of going deep. Without that, it becomes a great deal easier to shut it down as Dallas proved.

How do you know these things? I don't think we know anything until we've actually tried them and so far, Morgan has been good for us all over the field, including the VERY few deeper routes he's been thrown to.

Ginn has done more in his career before coming here and all of a sudden, his production drops.

I don't think we know anything we have in our receivers until our QB is allowed to get them the ball in unpredictable situations.

The biggest question we don't know is can our QB do this.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by dj43:

Agree 100%.

How do you know these things? I don't think we know anything until we've actually tried them and so far, Morgan has been good for us all over the field, including the VERY few deeper routes he's been thrown to.

Ginn has done more in his career before coming here and all of a sudden, his production drops.

I don't think we know anything we have in our receivers until our QB is allowed to get them the ball in unpredictable situations.

The biggest question we don't know is can our QB do this.

As I said, we need to learn what all of the receivers can do...and what the QB can do.

We may disagree on Ginn's potential as Miami essentially gave up on him (fifth round pick). The mistakes he makes in routes, such as I noted above, are mistakes a veteran receiver should not make. Those are rookie mistakes. However, if he can run enough speed routes to keep the defense honest he will be worth having on the field.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Sometime after the Bye and in time for the majority of our divisional games I suspect you'll be eating crow for your "wasted signing statement". IMVHO.

Yeah we'll see, we pretty much aint squat with out em or crabs and pretty much wont be until we draft a decent QB and a 6'5 WR!

I have a gut feeling that Scott Tolzien is the answer!
so we dont plan to add another wr or were just good with a glass foot crabtree, morgan, ginn and williams??
Share 49ersWebzone