LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 377 users in the forums

Edwards out indefinitely after knee surgery

Shop Find 49ers gear online
man my heart f**king sunk when I saw this! I really hope it's just a cleanup procedure that takes 1-2 weeks.....really want to see Edwards/Crabtree WR group at 100% health this year...will be a damn shame if we're robbed of that.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
well in their defense, the QB throwing them the ball wouldn't be a # 2 on most rosters.

cute comeback, but ridiculous...
Joe Hastings, Donnie Avery...Come on down.
Kyle Williams, its your turn to shine.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
well in their defense, the QB throwing them the ball wouldn't be a # 2 on most rosters.

cute comeback, but ridiculous...

Not really
At first, it killed me when I saw the headline. But then got to thinking, does it really matter that much? Is it really going to change the offensive philosophy? It seems like we are not going to throw much anyway or deep. So far we are not using the talent we have.

Anyway, I hope the injury is a quick recovering one and the playbook gets opened.

LB
donnie avery and whoever else is out there better be gettin phone calls. wonder how long he'll be out for?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
donnie avery and whoever else is out there better be gettin phone calls. wonder how long he'll be out for?

Niners had no intention of signing Avery at all. According to Maiocco

Crabtree and Morgan on the outside with Williams in the Slot= CHAMPIONSHIPS
Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and then when Braylon gets back.... T.O., Braylon, Crabtree, Vernon? someone would have to be open on every play.
Avery or TO would be decent replacements...

T.O is still recovering from knee surgery he is not gonna be signed by anybody for a while
Wow...
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Niners had no intention of signing Avery at all. According to Maiocco

Crabtree and Morgan on the outside with Williams in the Slot= CHAMPIONSHIPS

we still need more depth. i like morgan but crabs is injury prone and kinda sketchy out there sometimes. williams should be given more chances. ginn could also be used but his hands are pretty suspect
I think he'll be back. If he had a torn ACL, he'd be out for the year and there would be no reason to be cagey. Harbaugh said he's "gonna be out a little bit." If it was an ACL, that would be completely misleading and pointless. I suspect we'll get him back in a month or so, but that's just speculation on my part.
Originally posted by valrod33:
T.O is still recovering from knee surgery he is not gonna be signed by anybody for a while

I thought he'd be back by October/ November.
Share 49ersWebzone