There are 172 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bad snap vs Cowboys video

Originally posted by Ninefan56:
If Harbaughs support develops some confidence hopefully we will see Alex blossom into a quality QB. If not we will see a game manager. If we could get 5-10 more completions a game it would be great. So we will see if Harbaugh gets some more action out of Smith.

They have increased his attempts from week to week so far. I would like to see him get about 30-35 throws this week. They need to show teams they can and WILL throw the ball in order for defenses to play them honest.
Originally posted by btwagner:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
If Harbaughs support develops some confidence hopefully we will see Alex blossom into a quality QB. If not we will see a game manager. If we could get 5-10 more completions a game it would be great. So we will see if Harbaugh gets some more action out of Smith.

They have increased his attempts from week to week so far. I would like to see him get about 30-35 throws this week. They need to show teams they can and WILL throw the ball in order for defenses to play them honest.

How many times did he throw in the 2nd vs DAL?

They are bringing him up very slow since they are keeping him to mostly throwing in the first half if games only.
Originally posted by Joecool:
How many times did he throw in the 2nd vs DAL?

They are bringing him up very slow since they are keeping him to mostly throwing in the first half if games only.

I believe it was 8. Although he was sacked a few times so there were probably 12 attempts called....I would also like to see Kyle Williams and Delanie Walker get more time.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Impressive recovery of a snafu by Alex. It would have been even more impressive if Alex didn't botch the snap in the first place.

So he's supposed to snap it to himself?

OK, this has to be my favorite post of the year so far! Shows how deperately some people want to think poorly of a person.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Impressive recovery of a snafu by Alex. It would have been even more impressive if Alex didn't botch the snap in the first place.

OK, this has to be my favorite post of the year so far! Shows how deperately some people want to think poorly of a person.

LMAO Agreed ^

And what nflguy49 said doesnt even make sense. "It wouldve been more impressive if he didnt botch the snap"?
How...that would make it a regular play. The fact that it was botched made it 10x better of a play, he made something out of nothing.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:

LMAO Agreed ^

And what nflguy49 said doesnt even make sense. "It wouldve been more impressive if he didnt botch the snap"?
How...that would make it a regular play. The fact that it was botched made it 10x better of a play, he made something out of nothing.
it would have been a better executed play to be honest alex could have caught that snap but it was difficult and he recovered so i am perfectly fine
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:

LMAO Agreed ^

Yes, and Memphis--your question is answered yes I gather? You showed considerable tact I think!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 21, 2011 at 5:23 PM ]
the play was impressive, but to keep things in perspective, the ball just happened to bounce perfectly right back to him. The ball bounces any other way, it could have been ugly. What happened after was a gritty play by Alex.
he's been there before,

he's seen everything

and like a bawse,

don't call it a comeback

He's been here for years.
Originally posted by susweel:
That was a nice play be Alex, but it was his fault that the snap got passed him in the first place. But he did make a good recovery.

Yeah how dare he not be seven feet tall...what a loser!
that was damn immpressive by Alex, 3 years ago he would of just thrown it away, I love his effort on that
Guess some people didn't read the first page?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/158211-bad-snap-cowboys-video/
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Yep now only if he did this kind of thing in the 4th qtr, maybe we would have won the game.....

He wasn't allowed to, because Harbaltary called it conservative at the end of the game.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Yep now only if he did this kind of thing in the 4th qtr, maybe we would have won the game.....

He wasn't allowed to, because Harbaltary called it conservative at the end of the game.

Probably because he suffered a concussion and wasn't playing 100%
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Probably because he suffered a concussion and wasn't playing 100%

I'm surprised teh league didn't take a draft pick from us, for letting him play concussed.