There are 226 users in the forums

Why all the Doom and Gloom? It's only Week 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't understand why everyone is so quick to criticize Harbaugh. Before Sunday, we all thought the Cowboys were gonna murder the Niners. Vegas had us 6.5 underdogs. If Ricky Jean doesnt redirect an offline kick, we win this game and everyone would be on Jim's jock. A bunch of posts would spring up about the genius of Jim Harbaugh and preaching the virtues of how smart it was to keep the 3 points. But since we lost, hes a coward, a dummy, a Jimmy Raye clone.

Should we have taken the points off the board? Should we have been more aggressive? Probably. It's easy to answer questions in hindsight. Is Harbaugh a bad coach then? I don't know. What I do know is that Jim put us in a position to beat one of the most talented teams in the league as a first time NFL coach, with inferior QB, and an abbreviated offseason. IT'S FRIGGIN WEEK 2!!

Jim Harbaugh went 4-8 and 5-7 his first two years at Stanford before turning it around. Give Jim a full offseason to install his scheme and get the proper personal (a real QB), and then we can truly judge him merits. I know we lack patience after so many years of futility, but we should give Jim the year before trying to drive him out of town. Until then, consider the 49ers a work in progress.

And for all you doom and gloomers thinking this game is a premonition of things to come. We're in the terrible NFC West. A division in which last year the Niners started 0-5 last season and were still in the hunt week 14. The Niners are currently tied atop the division, while the division winning Seahawks and preseason favs, Rams, are 0-2. Harbaugh just needs to be mediocre and we'll take the division.
this is ninertalk it's always doom & gloom
Because we are supposed to be 2-0 and Alex Smith should have thrown for 1000 yards already with 7 TDs
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
No big surprise for me, my 6-10 prediction is on track.
I think my doom and gloom is just me personally having a bad day.

After the game and on into Monday I actually felt pretty good about our team, but woke up this morning feeling pretty much like a debbie downer.

I don't know why, maybe my time of the month....
This is how most of our seasons begin. Dumb coaching decisions in a winnable game followed be a series of tough games putting us in a hole.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

So this...peeps are tired of the same crap which it is....so far. The offense has a Singletaresque feel to it. Our secondary is still getting torched. We didn't get that much of a pass rush from our OLBs in this game.

Originally posted by susweel:

The same with my 9-7 prediction.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

So this...peeps are tired of the same crap which it is....so far. The offense has a Singletaresque feel to it. Our secondary is still getting torched. We didn't get that much of a pass rush from our OLBs in this game.

I hope your right and Im wrong.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Because we are supposed to be 2-0 and Alex Smith should have thrown for 1000 yards already with 7 TDs

Couldn't have said it better myself
Peoples stomachs are still upset after blowing 14 and 10 point leads to Dallas. Sitting on leads was something Sing did, and since everyone here thinks that if we do anything that looks like the past, our ultimate result will be the same as the past.

My take? People like Sing and Nolan refused to make changes when something didn't work. We have yet to truly see if Harbaugh alters his strategy based on what he's seen work and not work for us.

Originally posted by ninertico:

bingo
Because in the past 4 yeras, we have had many opportunities to beat good teams, but we lost it in the end: The Cowboys, the Falcons last year, the Saints last year, the Vikings 2 years ago, the Colts 2 years ago, and the Cardinals the year they went to the Super Bowl. We cant finish games against good teams!
I hope your right and Im wrong.

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Because in the past 4 yeras, we have had many opportunities to beat good teams, but we lost it in the end: The Cowboys, the Falcons last year, the Saints last year, the Vikings 2 years ago, the Colts 2 years ago, and the Cardinals the year they went to the Super Bowl. We cant finish games against good teams!

...because of dumb decisions.
What was said after the saints game last year!
Share 49ersWebzone