LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

Should they start putting Hunter into the rotation?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should they start putting Hunter into the rotation?

yes. light a fire under gore's ass. Also, i counted at least two instances where a huge cutback lane was available if Gore saw it. But he didn't. Love Gore, but he's definitely not the same.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
yes. light a fire under gore's ass. Also, i counted at least two instances where a huge cutback lane was available if Gore saw it. But he didn't. Love Gore, but he's definitely not the same.

Gore has always been a 1 cut back i wouldnt expect that to change now
yes more touches for hunter but the o-line still has to do something to help these guys out
I personally think Gore has some left in the tank but I think the way he should be used has changed. I think Hunter has the legs to get those extra yards and Gore is great at the short yard gains, blocking, and making those short yardage catches. Not sure how well Hunter is at both blocking and catching and maybe that's why we haven't seen him yet.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Until the O-line starts blocking better it doesnt matter who are RB is

Same argument was made under Barlow. All of a sudden Frank the Tank came in and the running game sprang to life. The line isn't as terrible as some people think. It clearly needs to improve, but it's not the reason why Frank isn't gaining yards like he once was.

Something ain't quite right with Frank the Tank to be brutally honest. Frank the Tank used to run over people. He doesn't anymore.

+1, he lacks some of the explosive power he used to have in is quads and he doesnt break as many tackles or get extra yards for first downs. He also has missed quite a few cutback lanes he used to hit. He's still fast running in a straight line but when it comes to pushing for more yards or lateral quickness and change of direction he's lacking what he used to have. Start giving Hunter some first down reps, and Dixon on 3rd and short yardage situations.
bringing in hunter from time to time would actually help frank. Do it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
bringing in hunter from time to time would actually help frank. Do it.

But Frank will get mad.
We can turn back time, get Barry Sanders for all I care.

We ain't winning games unless we pass the ball for either bigger plays or more than run the ball. The two teams with the top two RB's in the NFL suck! Why, because they can't throw. Oh wait, Hasselbeck had a good game and TEN won. 358 vs BAL.

But TEN must have better WR's and OL.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 20, 2011 at 1:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:

We ain't winning games unless we pass the ball for either bigger plays or more than run the ball. The two teams with the top two RB's in the NFL suck! Why, because they can't throw. Oh wait, Hasselbeck had a good game and TEN won. 358 vs BAL.

Which two teams have the top two RB's?
Originally posted by aTx49er:

MIN and in the past years TEN. Notice TEN just beat BAL without Johnson? Hasselbeck threw for 358 by the way.

No.

Having Gore in there is causing D's to put 8-9 in the box. We need to open up the passing game and burn the D for stacking the box. I just don't have confidence in Smith to get that done though...

MIN and in the past years TEN. Notice TEN just beat BAL without Johnson? Hasselbeck threw for 358 by the way.

Johnson Played and had 24 carries

Johnson Played and had 24 carries

Oh, you mean the 2.3 and 2.7 average. I was talking about him being 100% in previous years. Passing is what wins in today's NFL. I don't care how Gore runs. It hasn't produced win in the past. I care more about how we pass.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 20, 2011 at 2:02 PM ]
Hell YEAH!!!

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Until the O-line starts blocking better it doesnt matter who are RB is

Same argument was made under Barlow. All of a sudden Frank the Tank came in and the running game sprang to life. The line isn't as terrible as some people think. It clearly needs to improve, but it's not the reason why Frank isn't gaining yards like he once was.

Something ain't quite right with Frank the Tank to be brutally honest. Frank the Tank used to run over people. He doesn't anymore.

Its not just the line its the play calling. Seems to be they need to change how they run the ball. Stop forcing all our RBs to run up the gut vs a stacked box. Having Hunter to do the same thing as Gore will not improve the results of the ground game.
Share 49ersWebzone