There are 165 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CINCINNATI BENGALS PRE-GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is Cedric Benson suspended? I know there has been some discussion about this, but according to NFL.com, he's suspended for 3 weeks.

And what about Jerome Simpson?

(I apologize if this has already been discussed, I couldn't find a consensus one way or another)
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Is Cedric Benson suspended? I know there has been some discussion about this, but according to NFL.com, he's suspended for 3 weeks.

(I apologize if this has already been discussed, I couldn't find a consensus one way or another)

Benson is suspended but will likely appeal and play this week, Simpson is a ? as he got busted with 8+ pounds of California's finest.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

jerome is listed as questionable i dont know if he will play or not but he hasnt attended practice for the last 2 days

benson will play he is suspended for 3 weeks but he will appeal so he wont be suspended this game
Thanks Memphis and alldaway126, 8 pounds
Benson plans to appeal so hes free to play until his hearing. Which certainly wont be before sunday. And apparently no action has been taken against Simpson yet. Apparently the cops can find 6 pounds of weed in your house, which is basically being used as the equivalent to a medical marijuana dispensary, and nobody gives you crap for it. Let me in on that gig, Jerome. Anyhow, I have faith that if Harbaugh is willing to trust his offense against a young team with some issues on defense (Who did they play? Denver and Cleveland right? Neither team has a real explosive offense and they're still giving up 20 pts a game.) and our defense stays strong, (It was a little sketchy against the lackluster seahawks but quite marvelous against the high powered cowboys offense, barring some late game mishaps by the secondary) we have more than just a shot to take down the bengals.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I will put money on it that Dalton throws 2 or more picks Sunday.
Originally posted by Chief:

I hope you are right. Because of our aggressive style of 3-4 D?

If he does like you say, my money is on Goldson to get one. I think he knows he has something to prove this year
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Should I take the over and 9ers or under and 9ers??
Originally posted by Kolohe:

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

So what are you saying take the Bengals??

Originally posted by valrod33:
grantcohn Grant Cohn
#49ers blasting the Luniz "I got five on it" to simulate Bengals crowd noise.

LOL
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
LOL

Then thats their problem. Of all the music to choose from... Get that stuff out of here

I think he throws at least one. He has not faced a defense anywhere near as good as ours yet. He will likely be forced to throw a lot because of our run defense.

But again, these are the players he has faced the previous two weeks:

CLEVELAND WEEK 1: They have a lot of young talent, but no one on the the level of Justin Smith or Patrick Willis.
S - TJ Ward, Mike Adams (yes, former 49er)
CB - Sheldon Brown, Joe Haden, Buster Skrine
LB - Gocong, D'Qwell Jackson, Fujita
DL - J.Sheard, A.Rubin, P.Taylor, Jayme Mitchell

DENVER WEEK 2: Had several out due to injury - Dumervil, Champ Bailey, D.J. Williams, and DL Marcus Thomas.
S - Rahim Moore (Rookie), Dawkins
CB - Andre Goodman, Cassius Vaughn (who?), Chris Harris (who?)
LB - Von Miller, Joe Mays, W.Woodyard
DL - R.Ayers, Bunkley, Vickerson, Jason Hunter

The Bengals lost to that Denver defense...

Just saying.

I hope so, I have our defense slated in for fantasy
Let's turn it up and blast the Bengals!! Go Niners!!!
Share 49ersWebzone