LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

What was the most soul crushing loss of the past 5 years?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Vikings

To me, it was this DAL loss. We had the game in the bag vs a top team once again AND a very good chance to be 2-0 or even 3-0 considering how much confidence our team would have vs CIN.

We gave away a win this past Sunday. This loss may come back to haunt us.

Vikings would be my second.

We did the same with the Vikings. We would have been 4-0 I believe. It was kind of a same situation in which Singletary played conservative, and gave Minnesota a chance. We lost on the last second to Favre on a fluke hail mary . I really think this game ruined us that season. We were never the same afterwards.

I know. That's why I'm so scared of this DAL loss going on the road the following week. We have a high probability of losing on the road. CIN is playing well and we can be 1-3.

This DAL game is similar to the MIN game. I remember I was super pissed about that loss but most weren't at the time because we were still 3-1. These types of losses can change a season.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
I didn't feel crushed about the Dallas loss.

Not sure why this particular one is so draining to some fans.

I agree. This loss really didn't hit me too hard. I still think we have a legit shot at winning the West after watching St. Louis, and Seattle. Arizona seems about as good as we are. Were actually in the division lead at the moment for what that's worth as well.

Just need to find a way to open up the run game and I feel that will benefit the entire team tremendously.
How about last year, on the road in St. Louis. 2nd to last game of the year. Killed our playoff chances and Singletary's reign. Ushered in rebuild 4.0. That one stung.

• Jiks
Originally posted by Afrikan:

That one Minny-game.
Anyone who doesn't say MIN is not a true fan. It was the last play of the game, and it was Brett f**king Favre AGAIN.
I should seriously stop going to home games, I was at all three of the those home games. Maybe its me
Originally posted by jayb49er:
I should seriously stop going to home games, I was at all three of the those home games. Maybe its me

If you're the type of fan who screams while Niners are on offense, yes, please stop going.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
I didn't feel crushed about the Dallas loss.

Not sure why this particular one is so draining to some fans.

I expected a loss, but being up by 10 in the 4th quarter, and to throw it away. Just backbreaking. Our schedule gets pretty f**king brutal and we need every win we can get. Also seeing all the Cowboys fans around SF downtown that night talking s**t. Pissed me off.

Minnesota 2 years ago, Atlanta last year and the Cowboys this year. All hurt just as much.

Long Term Defeat.....
Vikings, I couldn't watch Sportscenter for a week. This Tony Romo is a hero BS is pretty bad, but nowhere near Brett Farve bad.
but seriously.... for some reason this one hit me more than the vikings loss. probably because of the way the way their fans took over the stadium.
Soul crushing? Last five years?

Bah!
Share 49ersWebzone