***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CINCINNATI BENGALS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Byisgod:
CALVIN f**kING JOHNSON!!!!! OMG!

we need a WR like him

ashton jeffery or blackmon step on down
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I just dont see why dude. Alex has played good football this year. If it werent for the 5 drops today and stolen TD Alex couldve easily had 250 yards and a TD and been 26/31. Then we win 20-6 and the games not even close. He played well today. If people dislike him for the last 6 years fine, but he is playing well right now. 2-1 and completing like 68% of his passes. This is despite like 8 false starts today that helped kill drives, and horrible line play in general.

BTW Calvin Johnson makes Matt Stafford. His sick catch where all Stafford had to do was throw a hail mary down field pretty much won them the game.

Don't engage Niner fans like him. If it's not 300+ yards, it's a bad QB performance by his fan-pinion. Anybody with common sense knows Alex is doing just fine this year. Yet another game with effective play and no turnovers. And a win. I'll take it...every single week.

take it all you want...that is not going to work against good teams in this league...it almost didn't work against the Seahawks, and it didn't work against the Cowboys (all Alex had to do was help convert one 3rd down conversion in the second half).........but it sure worked against the Bengals.

but what ever, as long as we keep winning...at least if another QB has to come in this year..we would still be in playoff contention.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
So you want to lose this season? If Kaepernick was starting, we would've lost that game.

We need Smith, as poor as he is, for games like this.. Where he can protect the ball and not throw it away like a rookie would. (Dalton - two INTs). Don't be ridiculous, and so classless to wish injury on our quarterback. I mean frick, man. That's some sick, messed up crap.
Where did he do that?
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by rserda:
We're supposed to blindly hate on Alex Smith because he is actually playing decent this season.

I've noticed that is when the real venom comes out.

Everyone has to micro-analyze and hypercriticize any flawed instance in his game, week in and week out. If he only throws for a 100-something, then the coaches don't trust him. If he has a high completion percentage, it's only because he "only throws short passes." If his rating is high, it's because of padded stats.

Today, he had some errant throws, but he had NO TURNOVERS. ZERO. The way people are screaming about his few errant passes make it seem like Smith was 10/30 for 125 yards.. Some were saying, "Dalton's already better!!" (50% completion.. 150 yards.. 2 INTs)

It's bullcrap. No one's going to sit here and proclaim Alex as a great QB, but we're not going to blindly bash the guy this season when he has done next to nothing to deserve the hate THIS season. The guy has completed 69% of his passes and has a 91.3 rating. He's doing what we need him to do to give us a chance.. manage the game, and don't turn the ball over..
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
WATCH A REAL QB IN STAFFORD

ALL OF THE SMITH'ERS NEED TO SEE THIS

Are you kidding? Alex was 20/30 200 yards and got a TD stolen by the refs and had 5 drops. Despite being hit like 26 times he only missed 5 throws all game, which came in the first half. This is a stupid ass post.

shhhhh...

We're supposed to blindly hate on Alex Smith because he is actually playing decent this season.
26-23

LIONS

Guess what, we one too!!!
Alex played when he needed to and a win is great to have. It was a bad slow game, and cincy isnt a great team but people dont realize every week is different. Teams match up to one another very differently we could look explosive against the eagles becuase their D is not that special, but lose the game. Just be happy for the win.
Originally posted by communist:
So you want to lose this season? If Kaepernick was starting, we would've lost that game.

We need Smith, as poor as he is, for games like this.. Where he can protect the ball and not throw it away like a rookie would. (Dalton - two INTs). Don't be ridiculous, and so classless to wish injury on our quarterback. I mean frick, man. That's some sick, messed up crap.
Where did he do that?

See the bolded below, commie.

Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by NinersEverywhere:
THE OLINE WAS A DISASTER!!

Wait until next week. Trent Cole is going to end up murdering Alex.

Thank god I'm tired of that b***h ass f*ggot

Your 100% right OTC! And anyone who wishes injury on ANY PLAYER is an uncivilized human, and should really look themselves in a mirror. That's like sayin; Dave sure is a mediocre roofer, I hope he falls off that ladder so we can higher another roofer. SMH.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 25, 2011 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by craigyboy:
Originally posted by hateroids84:
our defense won us the game

check yo self...their rookie qb won us the game

their rookie qb who raped the browns and broncos with a 105 passer rating???

the rook who melted in THIS game. a vet qb woulda shredded our d in the final minutes and handed us another loss a la romo.

but i'm rooting for smith and a win is what he seriously needs. the guy has got to be soo damn rattled and possibly damaged goods. if anything i can't understand why all the hate on his past 6yrs and nothin regarding ridiculous oline play not just today, not just this season...but for the last 6 f'n years.
Hunter needs touches
See the bolded below, commie.
Oh, I'm sorry. Thought, whyever, that Trent Cole is a commentator.

Frank Gore is finished.
I still think Crabtree didn't step out of bounce on that TD. f**k those refs.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
WATCH A REAL QB IN STAFFORD

ALL OF THE SMITH'ERS NEED TO SEE THIS

Are you kidding? Alex was 20/30 200 yards and got a TD stolen by the refs and had 5 drops. Despite being hit like 26 times he only missed 5 throws all game, which came in the first half. This is a stupid ass post.

shhhhh...

26-23

LIONS

Guess what, we one too!!!

Winning? I thought yards were the important thing! Smith won too so you must like him now, right?
Did we suffer any injuries today?
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanFranMan:
I still think Crabtree didn't step out of bounce on that TD. f**k those refs.

That's because he didn't. Alex Should have had 2 TD's and we should have won 20-6
Share 49ersWebzone