There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

YESTERDAYS GAME DAY 49ER RANT BY A LONG TIME SEASON TICKET HOLDER! VERY DISTURBING!

Originally posted by Chicago49erFan:
Coming from a lifelong fan who lives in Chicago, please be thankful you have the opportunity to see the 49ers live at all home games. The tailgating is what it is, don't punish your players by not supporting them. Just as long as those selling their tickets understand, we 49er fans look like a joke to the rest of the league.

CHITOWNNINERFAN

trust me the players don't get punished and they really don't care about anything other then their $$$$
Originally posted by 49erJim:
trust me the players don't get punished and they really don't care about anything other then their $$$$

Some may but not all, listen to a Frank Gore post game interview after a loss.

Some may but not all, listen to a Frank Gore post game interview after a loss.
i am talking about most of them. Football players are better then the baseball players at least.
Well to add to this. My wife was minding her own business sitting on the cement wall infront of her seat and a cop came by and said you better sit on your seat or you will need to leave the game. My wife got really upset since she did nothing troubling to people but was being harass by security cause she was not in her seat but instead sitting on the floor infront of her. Our seats have nothing infront of us but a walk way and she was not blocking no one but jsut sitting on the sitting on the floor near the rail bars and the walkway infront of her. This is way to harass the disturbing fans. She didn't enjoy the rest of the game.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I respect ya Jim, but how is this Yorks fault?

Blame the fans who sold their damn tickets. Whether or not expensive.

They have made it a rule no Tailgating after game I believe. Which is good, cause to many possible drunks driving. No worth risking more lives over some fans being upset.

I dont go to events for reasons like that. Rowdy idiotic fans, drunken morons, fist fights for no reason. Its suppose to be a family enviroment, not a thug matching.

Grow up and act like a human being not like scum.

It's the Yorks fault for fielding a high school team for the last 8 years. How much frustration are we supposed to put up with before it becomes unbearable? They have shown over and over that they don't care about winning, just collecting out hard earned $. Where do they get off raising ticket prices the way they did? What are we getting for the extra $ we're shelling out? A better NFL experience?!?! We really do have the worst game day experience in the entire NFL and nothing has been done to address that in the last 10+ years, but the Yorks are happy to take our $. I don't condone season ticket holder selling their tickets to Cowboys fans, but I understand it. How much money have those guys shelled out of the last several seasons for pi$$ poor performance?

As far as no tailgating after the game, that is utterly ridiculous! Anyone that has ever been to the Stick knows that it is an exercise in futility to try and leave within 2 hours of the end of the game. You can't ban tailgating because of a few a-holes. If that were the case we might as well cancel the games, might as well get rid of the 4th of July while you're at it. I have tailgated before and after every NFL game I've ever been to without any trouble or anyone driving drunk.

Sorry for the rant and it's nothing personal, I just had to get the frustration out.
5 K to watch between 1 - 15 to 6 - 10. LOL.....

Very pissed and mad 49er fans. (way to tick off you already ticked off low fan base and getting lower before they even get into the parking lot!)
Then at the tailgate everyone got there late due to the open gate late policy, I hope no one got into a car accident or got hurt! The cowboy fans were already in full force and running a monk in and out of the tailgates and parking lot. (i had a feeling this would end up a bad day for us) Then cops were everywhere and securty jacking people around, you can tell this strong arm has already put a huge damper on the tailgates as well as the crowds.

One reason I think a lot of season ticket holders are selling their seats to the other teams fan base and another reason is they are making more money on the tickets because the SF Bay area fans will not pay for them like they use to. (trust me on that) Then we get into the park and the Dallas fans were louder then the 49er fans were.

But then after the game it was worse as I knew it would be, trying to get from my seats to my car was even worse then watching the 49ers lose the way they lost the game. Tons of Cowboy fans ( a lot of fat ones dressed up in that horrible blue and white jersyes with stars all over them) we were all bunched together like cattle trying to squeez by each other and get the hell out of that stinkie place for 20 min all along hearing the chants and cowboy yells like proud cows hoopin it up in all of us 49er fans face! All of us 49er fans were as quiet as a mouse, just trying to get to our cars, while haveing to listen to these people was enough to make me go postal. I did not see any fights at all and or anything that would warant the police to come. So that was a good thing.

When I made it back to our tailgate and cars, a cop cars comes by us and tells us to pack up and leave! Were like where the hell are we going to go? its another case of bumper to bumper cars in the parking lot trying to leave and get the hell out of this dump. But there is no where to go, so we all looked at the young skinny cop whos head was way to small for his hat and said ok, he left and never came back, then after waiting an 1/2 hour of so, we got the heck out of there.

Over all a crappie day, I think the cracked down on the tailgating has put another nail in the coffin and 49er fans are getting tired of this crap, so thats why a lot of season ticket holders are selling out, They are saying NOW we can't even tailgate? Can't get in to tailgate and can't get out and yet were being hassled by the SFPD to get out and no aftergame tailgating?? Who needs this on a great San Francisco Sunday? People have to hide to try and cook some food or to stay and wait for the parking lot to empty?

Yesterday was a long day. I am glad its over and the 49ers are on the road for two weeks. Need time to renew my batterys for that GREAT GAME DAY EXPERIENCE i just paid over $5k in tickets for. Sorry for the long game day rant, but yesterday really takes the cake in my eyes. I could go on and on, but will lets others post away.

Well Jim, this is ONE reason why I sold my rights, not to mention the fact I basically moved to another part of the world, and it wasn't easy coz I sat in those seats for over 28+ years, the good ol days are over. I knew, and have been thinking from the Home Opener seeing all the empty seats that the new tail-gating and late lot entry was going to crush the life out of the older time tix holders, it just aint worth going if the whole experience is going to be "hurry up" and go, with "tough guy" cops who watch too much TV acting out their parts. No doubt there are some of those chip on the shoulder super fat woman cops too, who are THE absolute biggest offenders at pushing their authority around.

Like you said and I know; where the hell are you supposed to go at the end of the game if you start your car right away? Nowhere coz it's bricked for at least 30-40 minutes, and after that time, you can just drive right out without incedent. I'll tell ya, if I was still in the Cruz and paying the price for my section 33, row 11, seat 6-7 at the higer prices and this BS that is going on was happening ruining what is at least 30% of the Game Day experiance where I see mu old frineds from 30 years of going to the games, then I would probably sell out.

And you darn well know; this new corporate stadium in SC is not going to be geared for the hard core base of Niner fans, it's going to be for more wealthy "Event Goers", it will be near impossible to afford PSL and new seat costs, and who's to say what kind of hassles are going to be happening in the lots then. Oh now you have to go to the amusement park, screw that.

The new stadium should be in SF, Hunter's Point, beautiful place, and it's cleaning up and anyone who says whaw whaw is full of crap. All the parking you need, non corporate surroundings..

Just two words; It's Over. The good times, the hassle free times, the Stick - our stadium full of Niner fans to at least 95%, great times in the lot with friends you have made over decades who for sure won't go to live games anymore coz it's not worth the hassle..

I'm happy to wake up at 4am in the dark now and watch via streams now, but if JH doesn't open it up, if the Niners can't get it done after looking like turds for over 7 years, I may sleep in, F*k it. I've had all the good years live and in person including going to Superbowls and this that has been going on for 7+ years and depressing to say the least..

I feel you Jim... sad thing, there aint no answer to this BS because of modern politics and financial conditions..

Oh yeah --- GO NINERS!!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Sep 19, 2011 at 10:19 PM ]
Coming from a lifelong fan who lives in Chicago, please be thankful you have the opportunity to see the 49ers live at all home games. The tailgating is what it is, don't punish your players by not supporting them. Just as long as those selling their tickets understand, we 49er fans look like a joke to the rest of the league.

CHITOWNNINERFAN

i don't think you understand how bad of an experience they are making it.
how many fans do you think are their? 50k? how many cars? 20k? and if you don't leave early you will be stuck in traffic. they are forcing you out after probably 45mins and there is nowhere to go. there is 1 i repeat ONE road in and out then all the merges that take place at every parking lot exit.

then they raised the cost of food. i went to the home opener and bought 2 orders of garlic fries, 3 waters, and a soda. $32.75.

i actually may just work sundays this year now and catch snippets at work and watch later. if later in the year they stop this garbage i might go, but i don't feel like riding in stop and go traffic with all those drunk people. i would rather stay until the lot clears and then leave with open road. i said in one of the threads that it takes me just under 1 hr to get there and just under 3 hrs to get home when they force us out.
Lets see, they keep raising ticket prices and parking. Soon Parking will be $50, yet the team sucks. You want us to renew our tickets? Do something to improve the god damn team!
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Lets see, they keep raising ticket prices and parking. Soon Parking will be $50, yet the team sucks. You want us to renew our tickets? Do something to improve the god damn team!

This is a historic decade long rebuild. Other teams can get good in 2 - 3 years. But we have a master plan. Just be patient. When 15 - 20 years goes by on this rebuild you will see results....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is a historic decade long rebuild. Other teams can get good in 2 - 3 years. But we have a master plan. Just be patient. When 15 - 20 years goes by on this rebuild you will see results....

LOL 50 Thousand dollars later no return.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

Very pissed and mad 49er fans. (way to tick off you already ticked off low fan base and getting lower before they even get into the parking lot!)
Then at the tailgate everyone got there late due to the open gate late policy, I hope no one got into a car accident or got hurt! The cowboy fans were already in full force and running a monk in and out of the tailgates and parking lot. (i had a feeling this would end up a bad day for us) Then cops were everywhere and securty jacking people around, you can tell this strong arm has already put a huge damper on the tailgates as well as the crowds.

One reason I think a lot of season ticket holders are selling their seats to the other teams fan base and another reason is they are making more money on the tickets because the SF Bay area fans will not pay for them like they use to. (trust me on that) Then we get into the park and the Dallas fans were louder then the 49er fans were.

But then after the game it was worse as I knew it would be, trying to get from my seats to my car was even worse then watching the 49ers lose the way they lost the game. Tons of Cowboy fans ( a lot of fat ones dressed up in that horrible blue and white jersyes with stars all over them) we were all bunched together like cattle trying to squeez by each other and get the hell out of that stinkie place for 20 min all along hearing the chants and cowboy yells like proud cows hoopin it up in all of us 49er fans face! All of us 49er fans were as quiet as a mouse, just trying to get to our cars, while haveing to listen to these people was enough to make me go postal. I did not see any fights at all and or anything that would warant the police to come. So that was a good thing.

When I made it back to our tailgate and cars, a cop cars comes by us and tells us to pack up and leave! Were like where the hell are we going to go? its another case of bumper to bumper cars in the parking lot trying to leave and get the hell out of this dump. But there is no where to go, so we all looked at the young skinny cop whos head was way to small for his hat and said ok, he left and never came back, then after waiting an 1/2 hour of so, we got the heck out of there.

Over all a crappie day, I think the cracked down on the tailgating has put another nail in the coffin and 49er fans are getting tired of this crap, so thats why a lot of season ticket holders are selling out, They are saying NOW we can't even tailgate? Can't get in to tailgate and can't get out and yet were being hassled by the SFPD to get out and no aftergame tailgating?? Who needs this on a great San Francisco Sunday? People have to hide to try and cook some food or to stay and wait for the parking lot to empty?

Yesterday was a long day. I am glad its over and the 49ers are on the road for two weeks. Need time to renew my batterys for that GREAT GAME DAY EXPERIENCE i just paid over $5k in tickets for. Sorry for the long game day rant, but yesterday really takes the cake in my eyes. I could go on and on, but will lets others post away.

Well Jim, this is ONE reason why I sold my rights, not to mention the fact I basically moved to another part of the world, and it wasn't easy coz I sat in those seats for over 28+ years, the good ol days are over. I knew, and have been thinking from the Home Opener seeing all the empty seats that the new tail-gating and late lot entry was going to crush the life out of the older time tix holders, it just aint worth going if the whole experience is going to be "hurry up" and go, with "tough guy" cops who watch too much TV acting out their parts. No doubt there are some of those chip on the shoulder super fat woman cops too, who are THE absolute biggest offenders at pushing their authority around.

Like you said and I know; where the hell are you supposed to go at the end of the game if you start your car right away? Nowhere coz it's bricked for at least 30-40 minutes, and after that time, you can just drive right out without incedent. I'll tell ya, if I was still in the Cruz and paying the price for my section 33, row 11, seat 6-7 at the higer prices and this BS that is going on was happening ruining what is at least 30% of the Game Day experiance where I see mu old frineds from 30 years of going to the games, then I would probably sell out.

And you darn well know; this new corporate stadium in SC is not going to be geared for the hard core base of Niner fans, it's going to be for more wealthy "Event Goers", it will be near impossible to afford PSL and new seat costs, and who's to say what kind of hassles are going to be happening in the lots then. Oh now you have to go to the amusement park, screw that.

The new stadium should be in SF, Hunter's Point, beautiful place, and it's cleaning up and anyone who says whaw whaw is full of crap. All the parking you need, non corporate surroundings..

Just two words; It's Over. The good times, the hassle free times, the Stick - our stadium full of Niner fans to at least 95%, great times in the lot with friends you have made over decades who for sure won't go to live games anymore coz it's not worth the hassle..

I'm happy to wake up at 4am in the dark now and watch via streams now, but if JH doesn't open it up, if the Niners can't get it done after looking like turds for over 7 years, I may sleep in, F*k it. I've had all the good years live and in person including going to Superbowls and this that has been going on for 7+ years and depressing to say the least..

I feel you Jim... sad thing, there aint no answer to this BS because of modern politics and financial conditions..

Oh yeah --- GO NINERS!!

Beautifully said by the both of you. 9am open time did absolutely nothing but create huge Sunday morning traffic jams. HOW is this helping curb violence again? Tailgating feels like I'm in HS tryin to throw a party but my parents are home.

But I digress; does anyone else have a problem with Officer Nunez #993? I know I might just be a d**k but I think its just wrong (especially after 8/20) for a SFPD to be patrolling the Stick on his motorcycle with a Raider sticker on the back of his helmet.
Good thread Jim! glad to see the few of us at the tailgate but just like you, sunday was one of the most miserable walks out to my car I've ever experienced.
To all you sellouts, may you live in shame and disgrace for the remainder of your life. You all make me sick!!!
Originally posted by fourmobowls:
To all you sellouts, may you live in shame and disgrace for the remainder of your life. You all make me sick!!!

I like your name, but it's probably not referring to what I'm thinking.