There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

YESTERDAYS GAME DAY 49ER RANT BY A LONG TIME SEASON TICKET HOLDER! VERY DISTURBING!

9 AM? That's freaking ludicrous!

Getting in and out of the Stick has always been a gamble. The best way to get in is by bus, but that doesn't leave any time whatsoever for tailgating. But the plus side is you're not waiting in traffic for hours on end waiting to get in -- or waiting to get out. And God help you if there's an accident on 101 North after the game, or anywhere on the Bay Bridge. Because, if there is, you're screwed.

John York pretty much destroyed the last vestige of the old fan base. I'm surprised that you still put up with the headache Jim, because I know a lot of people who won't. Winning will cure some of these ills, but it won't restore the fan base overnight. It's going to take time and patience. Fans will fill a crappy old place like Candlemistake Park, but you've got to put on a mighty fine show and do it consistently. The only thing John York is consistent at is failure and filling his Depends.

I think Jed is on the right track, but it's going to take time to restore the fan base to what it was. I'm not saying it can't happen, because I know it can. But the Yorks are to blame for this nightmare. I do not feel sorry for them -- not in the slightest.

I do feel bad for you, Jim, and every other Niner fan who is forced to suffer through this nightmare. If you haven't informed the team of your feelings/rant just yet, I suggest that you do. Loyal season ticketholders are hard to come by these days if you're part of the Niner Season Ticket Machine. You might find a few people who aren't deaf to your concerns over there.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
a muck sorry. I do agree with you.

I am pretty sure it is "amok"

okay, sorry again, but thats not the point.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Getting in and out of the Stick has always been a gamble. The best way to get in is by bus, but that doesn't leave any time whatsoever for tailgating. But the plus side is you're not waiting in traffic for hours on end waiting to get in -- or waiting to get out. And God help you if there's an accident on 101 North after the game, or anywhere on the Bay Bridge. Because, if there is, you're screwed.

John York pretty much destroyed the last vestige of the old fan base. I'm surprised that you still put up with the headache Jim, because I know a lot of people who won't. Winning will cure some of these ills, but it won't restore the fan base overnight. It's going to take time and patience. Fans will fill a crappy old place like Candlemistake Park, but you've got to put on a mighty fine show and do it consistently. The only thing John York is consistent at is failure and filling his Depends.

I think Jed is on the right track, but it's going to take time to restore the fan base to what it was. I'm not saying it can't happen, because I know it can. But the Yorks are to blame for this nightmare. I do not feel sorry for them -- not in the slightest.

I do feel bad for you, Jim, and every other Niner fan who is forced to suffer through this nightmare. If you haven't informed the team of your feelings/rant just yet, I suggest that you do. Loyal season ticketholders are hard to come by these days if you're part of the Niner Season Ticket Machine. You might find a few people who aren't deaf to your concerns over there.

well I am sure nothing will happen. They are going to try and make as much money as they can. In the long run were not the kind of fan they want. If we were they would not be raising ticket prices every two seasons. They are trying to get to a scale where they raise the ticket prices as high as they can depending on where and how good the seats are.

The sideline seats in the Gold are now $150 dollars, thats double what they were in 2004! The most loyal and oldest running season ticket holders had these seats and I am not talking about me. If your willing to stick it to them then your willing to screw anyone. The old loyal fan will be phased out for the Corp customers who can and will pay huge $$$$ for your seats as soon as they get the new park and start winning.

I have never ever seen it that bad from both sides of the 101. I was there at 8:45am.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
This ish wont happen in Santa Clara! Cant wait till they are down here!

#cantwait
#stepoffsoapbox

but on the other hand you will not be able to afford the new park tickets to the games, so it don't matter. In Santa Clara most good fans will be priced out.

It'll make it safer for me and my fam to go to the game, and not have 49er fans who aspire to be raiderfans showing up.

not sure how many games you have ever been to but you sound like the Yorks, most of the time the stick and the tailgates are safe, its mainly the Raider games that there is trouble. I am okay with more parking lot people and SFPD going around the park to let people know that they are there, but to shut people down and not let them get into the park to set things up and keep the freways moving to avoid bumper to bumper car jams and then kick em all out at the same time so they can't wait till the traffic dies down is crazy. DUMB AND CRAZY.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
This ish wont happen in Santa Clara! Cant wait till they are down here!

#cantwait
#stepoffsoapbox

but on the other hand you will not be able to afford the new park tickets to the games, so it don't matter. In Santa Clara most good fans will be priced out.

It'll make it safer for me and my fam to go to the game, and not have 49er fans who aspire to be raiderfans showing up.

not sure how many games you have ever been to but you sound like the Yorks, most of the time the stick and the tailgates are safe, its mainly the Raider games that there is trouble. I am okay with more parking lot people and SFPD going around the park to let people know that they are there, but to shut people down and not let them get into the park to set things up and keep the freways moving to avoid bumper to bumper car jams and then kick em all out at the same time so they can't wait till the traffic dies down is crazy. DUMB AND CRAZY.

one of two things (or both)

1. Jed overreacted to the negative national attention on that.
2. GODdell dropped the hammer on him.

I think the Cop and tailgating thing will die down eventually but it really sucks right now
I respect ya Jim, but how is this Yorks fault?

Blame the fans who sold their damn tickets. Whether or not expensive.

They have made it a rule no Tailgating after game I believe. Which is good, cause to many possible drunks driving. No worth risking more lives over some fans being upset.

I dont go to events for reasons like that. Rowdy idiotic fans, drunken morons, fist fights for no reason. Its suppose to be a family enviroment, not a thug matching.

Grow up and act like a human being not like scum.

wow, again no yorks fault.

I would rather them have no tailgating then let a*****es drink and get into fights, and drive drunk.

It had to be done. If not and I lived and was a tiicket holder, I wouldnt go, I wouldnt risk my life and families for a bunch of thugs and a*****es.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

They have made it a rule no Tailgating after game I believe. Which is good, cause to many possible drunks driving. No worth risking more lives over some fans being upset.

I dont go to events for reasons like that. Rowdy idiotic fans, drunken morons, fist fights for no reason. Its suppose to be a family enviroment, not a thug matching.

AB, Sorry I did not mean in anyway to blame it on the Yorks. I meant that Jed and the 49ers got way way overboard on this, and overeacted maybe because they had too. When you bring Raider fans into the stick, theres going to be trouble, they know this very well, there were not enough SFPD AND LOT people for that preseason game and has never been enough. Then when sh%$ happens they act like they never knew about it and must punish the fans and do a major lock down.

AB, Sorry I did not mean in anyway to blame it on the Yorks. I meant that Jed and the 49ers got way way overboard on this, and overeacted maybe because they had too. When you bring Raider fans into the stick, theres going to be trouble, they know this very well, there were not enough SFPD AND LOT people for that preseason game and has never been enough. Then when sh%$ happens they act like they never knew about it and must punish the fans and do a major lock down.
I understand. It sucks that a few people have to ruin it for everyone.

You should lock all the dumbasses together and let them fight it out, lol. I know it sounds harsh, but oh well. same with kilers and ex offenders, lock them all up, no need for them in society.
very sad indeed. i was embarrassed to be a niner fan sunday. only because more than half of the stadium where quiet. there was more niner fans they just were too quiet.
Originally posted by wailers15:
very sad indeed. i was embarrassed to be a niner fan sunday. only because more than half of the stadium where quiet. there was more niner fans they just were too quiet.

They are still tired from chanting that they wanted Carr last year.

I understand. It sucks that a few people have to ruin it for everyone.

You should lock all the dumbasses together and let them fight it out, lol. I know it sounds harsh, but oh well. same with kilers and ex offenders, lock them all up, no need for them in society.

what sucks more is the drunk fights are getting more and more common at all the stadiums.... if this ends up being successful we can expect similar changes across the country....

...then guess who the rest of the fans point their finger at.

wow, again no yorks fault.

I would rather them have no tailgating then let a*****es drink and get into fights, and drive drunk.

It had to be done. If not and I lived and was a tiicket holder, I wouldnt go, I wouldnt risk my life and families for a bunch of thugs and a*****es.

You and I will have to agree to disagree then. You don't let a few bad actors spoil the party for everyone else. You don't run and hide at the first sign of trouble. You crack down and take a stand.

The Yorks are punishing everyone for the acts of a few very stupid people. I think you would agree that the people we saw fighting in the stands that night of the Raider preseason game, or those causing trouble, are indeed some of the dumbest on the planet. Pond scum has a higher IQ.

But just because jerks with a lower IQ than pond scum cause problems -- doesn't mean that 49erJim or any other season ticketholder should be punished.

Sorry, that's my feelings on this issue.
Coming from a lifelong fan who lives in Chicago, please be thankful you have the opportunity to see the 49ers live at all home games. The tailgating is what it is, don't punish your players by not supporting them. Just as long as those selling their tickets understand, we 49er fans look like a joke to the rest of the league.

CHITOWNNINERFAN