There are 222 users in the forums

Anybody think...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
nope, our Defense let us down, period.

Pretty much...the secondary really needs some help.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Alex had a great first half and looked horrible in the second half. At this point I'll take that, he just isn't good enough to have a good complete game. I think the bigger problem is our running game. Just terrible.
Originally posted by RollinDownRodeo:
If David Garrard was under center yesterday, things would have been any different?

Anybody honestly think we could bring him in?

I'm willing to bet you thought the Vikings would be 2-0 right now with McNabb as their QB. What if the Vikings had Alex Smith, do you think their record would be any different?
Get real!!

I don't mind criticism of Alex at all BUT not when it isn't his fault. That's garbage.

The Oline sucked - bigtime! Alex had a very good first half and if he got some protection and the running lanes, even a few, were open we would have won handily. There was no run blocking or pass blocking worth a damn. Brady wouldn't have won.
some people need to have their IQ's checked
Wow, yeah lets bring in David and everything we be alright and we can all sleep better.

What games are you watching?

This Alex bashing is utter crap and mindblowing.

Get over the fact that Alex has played far better than you haters thought he would. You have been wrong up to this point. Alex has played well enough to win both of these games! Be objective, are you bashing Frank? cause he has had zero impact. Anybody with a clue can see its the same old problem, we have a crappy oline which cannot run block or pass protect.
Originally posted by rk1642:
Wow, yeah lets bring in David and everything we be alright and we can all sleep better.

What games are you watching?

This Alex bashing is utter crap and mindblowing.

Get over the fact that Alex has played far better than you haters thought he would. You have been wrong up to this point. Alex has played well enough to win both of these games! Be objective, are you bashing Frank? cause he has had zero impact. Anybody with a clue can see its the same old problem, we have a crappy oline which cannot run block or pass protect.

This, I don't knwo what game these people are watching.

Alex is not why we lost. We lost again because harbaugh had that mind boggling call on the penalty, and because we keep playing singletarian on offense, and because FANGIO keeps calling blitz/coverage plays where Tarrell brown, or brock are left without safety help. Or plays where our safeties are left 1 on 1 with whiten.

We also lost because we adjust WORSE in the 2nd half than we did in the singletary era.

My friend who is a ravens fan said this to me yesterday, having a harbaugh as a coach means your team only plays good in one half.

So far it's 100% true.
I'm beginning to think the people who make these threads are not 49er fans. Instead they are the type of people who get a kick out of annoying others and making people argue.

Garrard now plays CB?
Originally posted by jreff22:
some people need to have their IQ's checked

football IQ's checked.

i mean there are plenty enough smart people on here, but sometimes i wonder about some people's knowledge of the game.

Originally posted by captveg:
Garrard now plays CB?

And every position on the offensive line.
Gerrard would have had 2 fumbles. Smith miraculously held onto two balls that most QB's would have fumbled and considering Gerrards history of JTO type ball protection, he would have probably fumbled 3 times.
I'm not an Alex Smith fan, and I think he is more likely to cause a loss than a win.

He is not the reason we lost on Sunday, however. Plus, I doubt Garrard does better with this O-Line. I think only an elite QB like Manning/Brady that defenses MUST RESPECT would be able to work with this O-Line.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
nope, our Defense let us down, period.

This. Why are folks not getting it.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
This. Why are folks not getting it.

Because Alex Smith exisists.
Share 49ersWebzone