LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Our 9th year of trying to be a smash mouth running team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When is harbaugh going to realize this hasnt worked the past nine years? Like Vernon Davis said, get people involved spread the ball around! Why do we continue to be a conserative team running the ball 95 percent of the time and dumps off for -5 yards? Please throw the ball downfield!! Cam Newton has more yards in one game than the 49ers have combined!!!!!

Prediction:49ers finish last on offense
Originally posted by ace130:
When is harbaugh going to realize this hasnt worked the past nine years? Like Vernon Davis said, get people involved spread the ball around! Why do we continue to be a conserative team running the ball 95 percent of the time and dumps off for -5 yards? Please throw the ball downfield!! Cam Newton has more yards in one game than the 49ers have combined!!!!!

Prediction:49ers finish last on offense

• Veteran
Cam Newton has more passing yards in one game than we have in two games combined.
Prediction: this thread sucks
The WCO is designed for pass to set up the run. I dont know what Harbaugh is trying to do here. Since Alex is efficient at the short passing game, why not just let him dink and dunk his way down the field. One the defense gets honest, then burn them with the run. What you have here is an ineffective run combined with a QB that is resolute on not going deep. Which equates to BLITZ heavy by the opposition.
Nevermind. I'm not participating in these threads this week
[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 18, 2011 at 8:50 PM ]
Originally posted by 190836:
Cam Newton has more passing yards in one game than we have in two games combined.

yeah and he has 0 wins

WHO CARES
Originally posted by valrod33:

Cam newton is also 0-2.

Lets try for 10 years.
Our philosophy are the baltimore ravens!! Hit you in the mouth and play smash mouth defense

• Veteran
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

yeah and he has 0 wins

WHO CARES

Yeah and we got schooled by Romo and his third string wide receivers. Yeah, who cares. Maybe not you, but I do.
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

yeah and he has 0 wins

WHO CARES

Yeah and we got schooled by Romo and his third string wide receivers. Yeah, who cares. Maybe not you, but I do.

stop overreacting, we lost to a better team on sunday by a field goal in overtime. they had players missing and so did we so that's never a good excuse.

dallas is a better team, i really don't see what the big deal is.

Miles Austin got bumped down to 3rd string?
Originally posted by moe8092:
The WCO is designed for pass to set up the run. I dont know what Harbaugh is trying to do here. Since Alex is efficient at the short passing game, why not just let him dink and dunk his way down the field. One the defense gets honest, then burn them with the run. What you have here is an ineffective run combined with a QB that is resolute on not going deep. Which equates to BLITZ heavy by the opposition.

This is the part our coaches over the last 9 years still do not understand. Alex Smith (I'm NOT bashing him) at the moment does not scare defenses. If they can pass pass pass and put up touchdowns with him like they used to do with the spread offense under Jimmy Raye, after about 3-4 games of this, they will back off of Gore.

For some reason, after completing a pass or two, the coaches think that they will suddenly now back off Gore. It never happens because defenses will NOT back off of Gore until they are AFRAID of our passing game. Gore is going to stay bottled up until then.
If we were a passing team, I think we would be an elite team
[ Edited by ace130 on Sep 18, 2011 at 9:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone