LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Stop Hating On Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yea we lost against the Cowboys we All got our hearts broken knowing we could of won that game. Yes there was mistakes Harbaugh did that effected the game and this is his only Second game in the NFL he is still learning. Also Alex smith looked pretty solid you cant hate on that. Madieu williams is terrible he is the reason for 2 of Miles Austin TDS
Originally posted by Mays21:
Yea we lost against the Cowboys we All got our hearts broken knowing we could of won that game. Yes there was mistakes Harbaugh did that effected the game and this is his only Second game in the NFL he is still learning. Also Alex smith looked pretty solid you cant hate on that. Madieu williams is terrible he is the reason for 2 of Miles Austin TDS

Get this through your head:

Acknowledging his mistake does NOT equal "hating."
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Nope, the way the people here "acknowlede mistakes" = Hating
Originally posted by 49erRider:

This
Why are cincy fans posting here? ;)

This not a rookie head coach ala Sing. or Nolan. Harbaugh was a starting QB HIMSELF and he has been a head coach. Whats there to learn ?
An old NFL axiom is that you don't take points off the board. Last week, Harbaugh did it and we win. This week, Harbaugh didn't and we lose. I'm neutral on the decision this week...who knows what would have happened if we had taken the points off and kept the ball. Nobody can say.

My concern is the defense, which I though would be much better. Receivers shouldn't just be able to run down the seam off of the line of scrimmage and catch passes without a defender within five yards, and today it happened all day. This is an area tha Fangio needs to fix.

Overall, we are 1-1, and in all truth, nobody really thought we would beat Dallas and we took them to the wall. Let's see how the coaching staff adjusts (or doesn't) before we all go off of the deep end.
The loss was his fault. I am not "hating" and I still think he will succeed. but he was most at fault for that loss.
LEAVEE BRITNEY ALONNNEEE!!!
I don't think it was the loss neccessarily as it was the way we lost that has people so riled up. We were ahead the whole game only to blow it in the end. Mistakes were made, as I expected, but the key is not to repeat them, which I expect we won't. That is the difference between Harbaugh and Sing.

The fact is... our defense gave up 10 fourth quarter points and then allowed a 70+ yard pass play on their first play in overtime.

The coaching call was not the sole reason for the loss.

In hindsight, it's easy to say that at the very least, we could've run 2 minutes off the clock and scored a field goal... but the defensive breakdowns were much worse mistakes.
Am I the only one that felt Harbaugh made the right decision taking the points? It was a sure thing and it put us up by two scores. Sure a first down at the Dallas 22 would be nice and yield the possibility of a touchdown, but with this way this offense was playing (hot and cold) you couldn't feel too sure of a TD and who's to say that we'd definitely make the field goal?

3 points was a sure thing and we needed that at the time.If we had taken the first down and there's an interception/fumble/missed FG, everyone would scream that he should have taken the made FG.

It was the right call.
I'm not hating on Harbaugh at all. I thought we were very well prepared to play this game. The problem is he has to bring knives to a gun fight. QB is mediocre. Secondary is s**t. O-line is horses**t. Dallas is a better team. They won. Move on and get ready for the Bungles.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by QBguru:
LEAVEE BRITNEY ALONNNEEE!!!

Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Am I the only one that felt Harbaugh made the right decision taking the points? It was a sure thing and it put us up by two scores. Sure a first down at the Dallas 22 would be nice and yield the possibility of a touchdown, but with this way this offense was playing (hot and cold) you couldn't feel too sure of a TD and who's to say that we'd definitely make the field goal?

3 points was a sure thing and we needed that at the time.If we had taken the first down and there's an interception/fumble/missed FG, everyone would scream that he should have taken the made FG.

It was the right call.

Not at all. If a dman runs into the punter on a 4th, and you take the first down only to have ur QB throw an INT the very next play.....do you say that the coaching made a bad call and shouldve taken the punt and pinned the opposition deep ?

3 points is a safe play when the opposition has little time to mount 2 drives. You do it with less than 5 minutes to play bc you know that even if they put together a good drive for a score, chances are they'll need an onside kick to get the ball back and/or stop your offense with very little time to play and/or make them use up all their timeouts in the process. Making it a 2 possession game with 10 minutes to play against a team that has taken the momentum from you (offensively) in the second half is a bad decision.
Share 49ersWebzone