LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Harbaugh, BigMike, noln, ericison. What do they all have in common?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Nothing. Kill this thread. It is an insult to the intelligence of anyone that actually WATCHES football.

on a roll today bud, wholly agree. This forum makes me angrier than the team. And I lose a little hope in humanity.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Harbaugh needs to be taken to task for his mistakes. No honeymoon period. I adopted that stance with Singletary, and things did not get better, they got worse.

Futhermore, everyone needs to be held accountable...that means no more free passes for Gore, who is simply not performing. This needs to be pointed out. We need the best players on the team starting. No one gets a pass, and no one gets to start just by reputation alone.

Unless fans (and by extension the media) start asking for/demanding better, you won't get it.

Harbaugh is already acting like he's got it all figured out. His actions on the field betray otherwise.
Originally posted by kray28:
Last week, the complainers were told to shut up because we won....like that made it all better.

What's the reason to be quiet this week?

Of course you should vent, or anyone else for that matter, esp after losing a lead to one of our most hated rivals. It's just sometimes, ok, most of the time, it has a nagging, woman-like quality to it. Just sayin.
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Is that Harbaugh's offense?

I wish; that thing actually looks like its alive.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
on a roll today bud, wholly agree. This forum makes me angrier than the team. And I lose a little hope in humanity.

Such is life in Ninertalk
We need a QB who can throw more touchdowns than interceptions, acheive a higher than 80 QB rating and make plays when the line breaks down. Thank you Mr. Smith!
Any game you give up six sacks including some where Demarcus Ware wasn't even't blocked is one where you offensive line has failed.

Is that really Frank Gore out there?

Alex Smith probably played as well as Alex Smith can. Which is just good enough to lose. But getting sacked six times doesn't help.

Braylon Edwards + Michael Crabtree have combined for fewer big plays and TD's than Kevin Williams.

Where is Vernon Davis?

I like Vic Fangio's aggression on defense, but there's way too much gambling in the secondary. I'd prefer better fundamentals than big hits.

I can't blame Harbaugh for choosing the safe play of keeping three points on the board, but how the hell does he not call a time out to freeze a rookie kicker who had already missed a FG? Come on Coach! Sean Payton makes a living off of trying to ice kickers. You don't get to take those time-outs with you into overtime.

I think this is Jim Harbaugh: Rookie Head Coach showing a bit of rookie nerves and a lack of confidence in an anemic and inconsistent offense. The defense made enough plays to win, but should have never been put in the position to give up that last big pass.

Bad loss. Strap it up and get on the plane to Cincinnati.
[ Edited by Ohio49er on Sep 18, 2011 at 8:54 PM ]
My excitedness for this offense is fading away. With all the weapons we have at our exposal, we still haven't taken advantage of that.. Hopefully Vernon throws a fit if he doesn't get the ball again next week.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Is that Harbaugh's offense?

Not taking the bait my brotha, come on now, lol. I'm not a Harbaugh dck sucker or any other person on this team for that matter. The fact is, a lot of things contributed to this lost, not just coaching decisions. All I know is he's better than what we've had for the last several years. This won't be instant oatmeal, but it will get better.

Dude I am not busting your chops or anything. I agree we will get better. But JH is not the god they make him to be. I am hurting just like you bro.
Originally posted by DENden223:
My excitedness for this offense is fading away. With all the weapons we have at our exposal, we still haven't taken advantage of that.. Hopefully Vernon throws a fit if he doesn't get the ball again next week.

Perhaps Vernon will find a way to be open next week. Today he seemed to be blocking or was covered. Dallas seemed intent to take him out of the game and without Edwards or Crabtree the 9ers were at a loss. Smith made some very impressive plays and it should give everyone hope that he is finally in an offense that suits him with a coach that understands how to use him effectively. Yahoo!

Dude I am not busting your chops or anything. I agree we will get better. But JH is not the god they make him to be. I am hurting just like you bro.

I understand the uproar - to a certain point. We have been bad for about 8 straight years and for some of the young dudes on the zone, this is all they can remember. Harbaugh was so hyped up, by us fans and the media, many expected him on opening day to descend from above Candlestick on a cloud with trumpets blaring.

People need to get a grip, he'll find his way quickly - this whole team will. Yeah, it's a painful loss, but I'm taking it in proper context and starting this season, a lot of thing weren't stacked in our favor anyway.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Wah we lost a game wah
Originally posted by okdkid:
Wah we lost a game wah

I wanted to say this but it might be considered a mass personal attack.
Originally posted by LBCniner:
wow. our first loss and you morons are already calling for his head...smh

I know, we have won in over a decade, and people expect a new coaching staff with no offseason to learn about their players without actually being able to see them. I think we have a young talent team, but it's going to take some time for the weak to be cut and the strong to shift. I think dallas has more talent at skill positions, and a much better vet qb that showed he could break a rib rub some dirt and rally his team to a win.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Pasodoc--not sure about the FG decision as ten points is a decent lead if the D doesn't totally break down and Romo had cracked ribs. I agree about his running into a stacked box and believe Smith was doing well on the run. Should have played more roll outs away from Ware and allowed Smith to get 100 yards running...kill them with what works. That includes the quick hit slants you wrote of in your post. I love that play and yet it is still being under-used.

I still like Harbaugh and see him getting the most out of Smith. I loved Smith motioning for him to get the play in when JH was going nuts on the sideline. Perhaps they can average out their personalities.

I agree with the FG decision considering our offense at this point , it could be argued perhaps if our offense was more consistent. I agree again that quick plays like the slant and roll outs would have definitely helped the offense considering how the OL was playing and pass protection if general , guys were simply coming in untouched. I enjoyed your comment on how Alex and Harbaugh maybe can meet in the middle , had to grin there.
Share 49ersWebzone