There are 232 users in the forums

Every year the 9ers have the chance to beat a good team....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I really don't have anything to add here, I just wanted to continue my streak of posting after an epic loss.

Carry on
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
There's something to be said for that.

Personally, I focus on the pass rush: We never get that clutch sack and frequently fail to put heat on the QB during those invariably looong, backbreaking drives.

Exactly how many times do we have them on third and long and rush 3
Originally posted by LB49ers:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
There's something to be said for that.

Personally, I focus on the pass rush: We never get that clutch sack and frequently fail to put heat on the QB during those invariably looong, backbreaking drives.

No kidding! At least we were coming with four on the final two defensive series...same crappy result, though.
I want to play; how about the Colts
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Cause we never go for the kill...

Since NoWin the team has had the "play not to lose mentality."
It's because of the not to lose pu55y philosophy coupled with a s*itty secondary who can't stop anyone when it matters
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
And its always the same result. The Saints last year, the Vikings 2 years ago. They have not had a significant win against a good team since they beat the Giants in the playoffs in 2002. They cant turn the corner and beat a good team.

There is no longer a reason to be optimisitc about ALMOST beating a good team. They have proven that nothing has changed in the past 9 years. They cannot FINISH.

Are the Cowboys actually a GOOD team?
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
And its always the same result. The Saints last year, the Vikings 2 years ago. They have not had a significant win against a good team since they beat the Giants in the playoffs in 2002. They cant turn the corner and beat a good team.

There is no longer a reason to be optimisitc about ALMOST beating a good team. They have proven that nothing has changed in the past 9 years. They cannot FINISH.

Are the Cowboys actually a GOOD team?

Don't know yet, but it was a statement game. PatrickWillisHOF point still holds true. Also agree with the fact that almost winning a statement game is not good enough anymore. We need to take the next step. With that said we are a young team with a new HC, so here is to Harbaugh learning how to finish instead of continuing bad habits.
Originally posted by rxrunner:
falcons last year too

Eagles last year at home, Colts at Indy a few years back as well
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by rxrunner:
falcons last year too

Eagles last year at home, Colts at Indy a few years back as well

Originally posted by SanFranMan:

Yep, that was mentioned before. One thing we have in common in all those games is pretty much that we got too conservative. He get a 3 or 7 point lead and played not to lose the game. Time to start playing to win the games. Have some killer instinct.
Originally posted by LB49ers:

And sending Willis he isn't getting it done. He needs to work on his pass rush moves(spins, rips, swims). He tries to bull rush the OL and gets stopped dead in his tracks. Bowman looks quicker blitzing. Time to get more creative with our blitzes.All I know is keeping 6+ guys in coverage isn't really working so might as well blitz.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 18, 2011 at 7:19 PM ]
There is a good chance we will be 1 and 5 going into the bye week.I agree every year we have a game that could turn us around and instead we have a heartbreaking loss. We dont know how to win and as long as the Yorks own this team we never will.
Deja-vu
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Such a depressing day...

I dislike Tony Romo. Big time.

:-(
Share 49ersWebzone